i am a born again christian

Spiritual mysticism for mystics and magical topics of any kind.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

godlovesyou

i am a born again christian

Post by godlovesyou » Sat Mar 22, 2008 1:56 am

hi all

my name is Angelo. I am swiss, and live over ten years in Brazil. I am a born again evangelical christian. I am open to talk with everyone, that would like to know better my faith. I think, there exist many pre - judgements, that might be clarified.
I am not disposed and interested to convert anybody here. This is a personal decision. I am just here to testify my faith to anyone, that would like to know more and understand it better. i do not want to disrespect your faith, and expect the same from you. So who has pre judgements , and has no interest, to change it, i am asking at least to respect my faith.

So now to my first question : what is the reason that lead you to magic, , the occult , tarot, or whatever else has to do with it ? And, what positive do you expect for your life, beeing involved in such things ?

Angelo

Bandit81101

Re: i am a born again christian

Post by Bandit81101 » Sat Mar 22, 2008 2:36 am

godlovesyou wrote:So now to my first question : what is the reason that lead you to magic, , the occult , tarot, or whatever else has to do with it ? And, what positive do you expect for your life, beeing involved in such things ?
I wasn't drawn to it persay.  I made a few new friends several years ago, and kind of stumbled into it.  They were into it all, and I had lived a very sheltered life until then and had no idea as to what was going on.  I don't expect anything from any of this.  But I have noticed that it in itself it amazing, and that I feel more connected to everything now then I did before.  I am more aware of the "Magic" of the earth and such then I ever was before.  It has opened my eyes to things I would have only dreamt about before. :)

lighting strikes twice

Post by lighting strikes twice » Sat Mar 22, 2008 2:41 am

Greetings Angelo! Are end times fast approaching and is it even now, at the door step?
Last edited by lighting strikes twice on Sat Mar 22, 2008 2:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

jld

Re: i am a born again christian

Post by jld » Sat Mar 22, 2008 2:42 am

godlovesyou wrote:
So now to my first question : what is the reason that lead you to magic, , the occult , tarot, or whatever else has to do with it ? And, what positive do you expect for your life, beeing involved in such things ?

Angelo
Self-knowledge, spiritual development and closeness with God

Prof. Akers

Post by Prof. Akers » Sat Mar 22, 2008 8:09 pm

With such a disparate group I'm sure you'll find someone to talk to.
I'm here to bring rationality and common sense (what a load of tosh we write) actually I just like the arguements.
If you want a heated discussion - I'm yer man.

believer

Spirtuality

Post by believer » Sat Mar 22, 2008 8:32 pm

Interesting comment to make as to why....For me the Metaphysical world has helped me handle death and has opened my mind to more things that are possible than my Catholic upbringing ever did.  I personally believe that many of the religions have lost their focus by preaching politics and their focus on money.  This board has brought me inner peace  :)

Believer

mills9434

another born again Christian

Post by mills9434 » Fri Apr 11, 2008 9:54 am

Hi Angelo

Howzit from one Born Again to another. I'm based in South Africa and have been born again since 1997. I'm curious to know if you're doing further bible studies, and how the Spirit is moving where you are? (we're seeing an inkling of Revival currently)

lighting strikes twice

Post by lighting strikes twice » Thu Apr 24, 2008 5:44 pm

This revival will be the greatest in history. A sleeping giant has been awakened!  :smt005

tourbi

Post by tourbi » Thu Apr 24, 2008 5:56 pm

Growing up was difficult, lots of tension, emotional abuse.  I became very sensitive and psychic.  I was advised by a woman who was psychic and worked with NASA to get support for my abilities.  
I found help in the world of metaphysics and support, along with many wonderful, loving teachings/teachers. As a Pagan, I have found support emotionally and support as a woman, with many ways to empower myself.
I have also found people who appreciate my Spiritual gifts and value me for who I am instead of who they want me to be.
That is an incredible gift.  I don't feel judged, or felt like I'm supposed to be something different.
The world of metaphysics, Paganism and magick has been a world of growth, help, many lessons given and learned and a world of support, love, caring, self empowerment, acceptance and a way to give back thru who I am.

Prof. Akers

Post by Prof. Akers » Thu Apr 24, 2008 9:27 pm

I'm still puzzled as to why you are here - not in a metaphysical sense, just what is there here for you, most of the rest of us are searching foe similar souls, people with whom we can connect but born again christians?
What have you in common with a pagan or a witch or even us athiests?

mills9434

Post by mills9434 » Fri Apr 25, 2008 6:37 am

I'm am here because you are looking
and if you're looking then you are wanting to find

I too was looking, and eventually found exactly what my heart desired - and it wasn't where I thought I'd find it
at that stage I never thought Christianity had anything I'd be interested in
but when I realised I wanted what I was looking for, even if it wasn't where I expected it to be, then I had an obligation to myself
to also look in places that made me uncomfortable (yes, at that stage I was very uncomfortable in church!!!)
But God met me where I was at, and I haven't looked back since

Prof. Akers

Post by Prof. Akers » Sun Apr 27, 2008 2:55 pm

Yes you're here 'cos I'm looking but you see this is where we differ, I think you're afraid that you've made the wrong choice and you want to see what you're missing.
I was having a similar discussion with the Pastor of one of our local churches, he came to me and asked me to help him lose weight and get fitter  (the emphasis is on he came to me).
We train and sweat and then he started one about how god often took him to places when he wasn't sure why he was there, from this he extrapolated that god had moved us into the same orbit so he could tell me about the wonders of god.
To which the answer is 'God brought you here to lose some weight and perhaps he wanted your experience of life to become so much broader by having a connection with an avowed athiest, now shut up and do more press-ups.'

suzisco

Post by suzisco » Sun Apr 27, 2008 9:27 pm

LOL Stuart.  

I have often thought that my evangelical colleagues have used god for too readily as their reason for talking to me.  God made this situation so they can talk to me about god.  Not that they can just quietly enjoy my company and accept me for who i am.  Its a shame really and in my opinion a sad indictment of their life that they will be judged in the afterlife by how many people they have converted and not sitting back and just enjoying the moment or just enjoying my company.  Its even sadder when they tell me that i won't be saved.  Saved for what i ask?  Eternal life they say, I say but there is no eternal life, when we die we go forever and if you are lucky you will live on in memory.  Its only mans vanity that does not allow that when he dies he is in fact gone forever.  They look at me shake their heads sadly and tell me that i just have to believe in god and all will be revealed to me.

I admire my colleagues determination however i am saddened at the fact that they can't and won't accept me as I am.  Also very sad that my belief can't be respected.

lighting strikes twice

Post by lighting strikes twice » Sun Apr 27, 2008 10:40 pm

Praise God!  :smt005

lighting strikes twice

Post by lighting strikes twice » Mon Apr 28, 2008 1:52 pm

Prof. Akers wrote:Yes you're here 'cos I'm looking but you see this is where we differ, I think you're afraid that you've made the wrong choice and you want to see what you're missing.
I was having a similar discussion with the Pastor of one of our local churches, he came to me and asked me to help him lose weight and get fitter  (the emphasis is on he came to me).
We train and sweat and then he started one about how god often took him to places when he wasn't sure why he was there, from this he extrapolated that god had moved us into the same orbit so he could tell me about the wonders of god.
To which the answer is 'God brought you here to lose some weight and perhaps he wanted your experience of life to become so much broader by having a connection with an avowed athiest, now shut up and do more press-ups.'[/quo

Well, I see the professor is up to His press ups  :smt005 Incidently, it's called push ups!  :smt005 Who helps you up-your wife or students since you said you have such a difficult time of getting up? Maybe retirement before you hurt yourself. Might be wise to consider your age! After all, your not the man you use to be.  :smt003

Return to “Spirituality”