Karma vs destiny

Spiritual mysticism for mystics and magical topics of any kind.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

shambhu

Karma vs destiny

Post by shambhu » Sun Mar 23, 2008 1:57 pm

How much of what happens in your life do you think is preordained and how much do you think is the result of your actions? Upto what exent do we have control of our life?
If a person is rich enough and can buy all mystic products, can he effectively control his destiny. Can he go on doing all evil deeds and yet because of his money power get away with it by performing all mystic rites and rituals?

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Sun Mar 23, 2008 2:25 pm

Mystic rites and rituals do not forgive anyone their actions - that is just not natural law.  What we put out into the world, we will reap - that is a Karmic lesson expressed so many ways - law of attraction, law of cause and effect, etc.  All life is based on natural law - it works whether we acknowledge it or not.  

As we think, so we create. We are nature as in sowing our seeds (thoughts) to produce our flowers (events) through nurture, water, fertilizer and care.  

IME if our lives were pre-determined results, why bother with the exercise?  Being a part of nature (human nature) we see a natural and progressive opportunity.

lighting strikes twice

Post by lighting strikes twice » Sun Mar 23, 2008 2:31 pm

There's a story by Ruth Montgomery about a place in the spiritual realm where all your desires are manifested. Lets, say your a greedy person, you would be surrounded by beings who are really greedy. Or, you get lustful and instantly everyone is lustful. A kind of Hell.

pahoblue

Post by pahoblue » Sun Mar 23, 2008 2:53 pm

i often wonder how really bad karmic souls like hitler.. are paid back... i mean he caused so much distress... and death... what can re-pay that? hope im not upsetting anyone by this post.... dont mean to.

himanshu_hari

Post by himanshu_hari » Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:02 am

well it depends

lighting strikes twice

Post by lighting strikes twice » Mon Mar 24, 2008 7:48 pm

We create Karma as long as we are under the illusion that we are the doer. As long as we have plenty of desires, we will be around for a very long time.

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:15 pm

It is just not those mentioned - lustful, desirous, etc. and Hitler - that find their own place, we all do.  We are learning lessons that place us on the sphere in the afterlife we have suited our soul to occupy.  That means that unless you are lustful and desirous, you will not have to associate with those that are and Hitler has his own place from which to rise, if he chooses.  

There is free will in spirit - we can choose to spiritualize our soul or not as we so choose.  We arrive in a spiritual state we have done our lessons to occupy - but there is always more we could be learning in the fullness of our new adventure.  Be prepared for action, not all resting in spirit realms.

I have to say, light, we are here in a material body vibration to learn the lessons of that energy.  In spirit we will learn what that energy has to offer.  Of course it can be seen as duality, etc. but it is all we have to work with and doing the best we can with what we have, is a measure of our intent at spirituality.

lighting strikes twice

Post by lighting strikes twice » Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:34 pm

I have to say, light, we are here in a material body vibration to learn the lessons of that energy.  In spirit we will learn what that energy has to offer.  Of course it can be seen as duality, etc. but it is all we have to work with and doing the best we can with what we have, is a measure of our intent at spirituality. (Quote spirit-talk)

That's correct! And it is also true that what you will hear of what I say, is totally determined!  :smt005
Last edited by lighting strikes twice on Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

looking_glass

Post by looking_glass » Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:03 pm

In other words, we hear what we are meant to hear, see what we are meant to see, experience what we are meant to experience...and through it all, it is what it is, regardless if it is up for us to understand now or at a later time.

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Tue Mar 25, 2008 5:53 pm

I do think our intent and actions in trying to handle all our visitation of life is what creates the lesson.  And I do not believe our lives are pre-determined.  I do believe in free will choices all the way through life.

pahoblue

Post by pahoblue » Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:50 pm

its all about lessons isnt it? but some people dont learn

Prof. Akers

Post by Prof. Akers » Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:11 pm

The question pre-supposes that there is some form of cosmic retribution for going against thee established norm of society, so is there?
My vote is no but there again I don't believe in a supreme being, the only thing that stops me is fear of retribution in this life.

lighting strikes twice

Post by lighting strikes twice » Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:06 pm

Prof. Akers wrote:The question pre-supposes that there is some form of cosmic retribution for going against thee established norm of society, so is there?
My vote is no but there again I don't believe in a supreme being, the only thing that stops me is fear of retribution in this life.

I'm sorry to hear that Professor. I would of hoped that the deterrent is a matter of the heart rather than retribution. Is it true-our hearts are continually evil?

Prof. Akers

Post by Prof. Akers » Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:20 am

Don't fret lightening just me throwing a grenade in the water to see what floats up.
I do have an ethical code that is pretty close to what most people would agree is the correct way to live.
The one thing I can't stand is this current idea on tv that it's ok to kill or rob someone because they are criminals/ murderers etc. and as such are beyond the reach of the normal legal process but yes on the odd times I've contemplated doing a big heist the fear of jail kept me on the straight and narrow.

lighting strikes twice

Post by lighting strikes twice » Wed Mar 26, 2008 2:23 pm

Prof. Akers wrote:Don't fret lightening just me throwing a grenade in the water to see what floats up.
I do have an ethical code that is pretty close to what most people would agree is the correct way to live.
The one thing I can't stand is this current idea on tv that it's ok to kill or rob someone because they are criminals/ murderers etc. and as such are beyond the reach of the normal legal process but yes on the odd times I've contemplated doing a big heist the fear of jail kept me on the straight and narrow.

Keep throwing those mind grenades.  :) It seems that hate is more natural than love and yet, how beautifully that has all been turned around and people buy it. I'm amazed, how we can claim to worship the creator God and still claim to worship the God of Love while we hate and propagate and lie in wait to steal and kill and plot and scheme. None of these will inherit the kingdom of God! Vengeance is mine saith the Lord. Prepare for His Coming - it is unlike  any thoughts we may have had! In the twinkling of an eye! I love it!! Watch the tide as it turns  :smt005  :smt005  :smt005
Last edited by lighting strikes twice on Wed Mar 26, 2008 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Spirituality”