MY EXPERIENCES OF LIFE PART 1

Spiritual mysticism for mystics and magical topics of any kind.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Pravin Kumar

MY EXPERIENCES OF LIFE PART 1

Post by Pravin Kumar » Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:50 am

Right from when I could remember and till now I have passed through different phases of life and experienced a lot. Not a non believer in God but never prayed or went to temples and even sometimes if I went to a temple or a church with friends never believed in them as in our family we never believed in Murti Pooja i.e. worshiping the God in Statue which the sect we followed was not God. God is everywhere I was told and we need not go to a temple or church or any worshipping place to seek HIM. HE can be sought anywhere and you can ask HIS help anytime when you just think about HIM. I followed this principle and it suited me well.

As I grew up as a child I got really bad dreams and would suddenly wake up with perspiration in the middle of the night. My Dad would then hug me and let me sleep with him. Ours was a big joint family and being eldest in the family I had to sleep alone in a separate cot.

When I was 12 I used to live with my GrandFather and Grandmother. My Grandmother was very very loving. She used to hand feed us Dinner while telling us stories. We were then 3 sitting by her side, listening to her and eating food from her hand. How loving that was? I wonder if anyone of you have ever had that experience. To be fed by a loving hand of a senior. My GrandFather was very honest to perfection. He held a post in which he could have minted money had he taken bribes but he did not and hence we are now very happy and follow his principles.

I remember during those days when I lived with my Grandparents, I was called upon daily night to massage their feet and head and as I did I got a string of blessings from my Grandfather which I yearn to hear again and again. I once asked him how to get rid of Fear. This is what he said: Son, just recite Gayatri Mantra 108 times daily and you won't know what fear is. I knew the mantra and I started reciting it 108 times and since I felt the positive effects I recited it for hours together to a point that I would not love to play with friends or go outside but just recited those mantras.

This is my foundation built strongly on the advise of my Grandparents.  There are so many other experiences as to how to go in the right direction so that you may get that eternal happiness.

Whenever my Grandfather sat down to have his Lunch in the morning the first Roti (Chappati or Loaf of Wheat) he would add to it Vegetable and asked me to take it and give it to a Cow for eating. I would do so. No sooner when I went on the road to search for a Cow I always found her not far away. It was as if the Cow knew that her food is arriving at a particular place and she was well prepared to accept it. Sometimes my Grandfather would ask me to give that Roti to a Beggar and that too it was as if by chance I did not find a Cow but I did find a beggar who happily accepted it. Similarly it was as if the Beggar knew where his next meal was going to come from.

These are small acts of kindness and donation which build your foundation in the right direction by teaching you to give and then get lovingly.

Pravin Kumar

Last edited by Pravin Kumar on Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lighting strikes twice

Post by lighting strikes twice » Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:36 pm

Thank you Pravin. No coincidences! You are a totally determined being!  :smt005

tourbi

Post by tourbi » Tue Apr 22, 2008 3:24 pm

Thank you for your sharing.  It's beautiful. Image

prasanna

Post by prasanna » Tue Apr 22, 2008 7:41 pm

DEAR PRAVINJI,

THANK U FOR SHARING THIS, we all lived in joint families, so we know these kinds of small  kindhearted activities,  WHEN I LIVED IN CHENNAI EVERYDAY A SMALL COW OR SOME TIMES MANY COWS BUFALOS USED TO VISIT US, WE FED THEM   and we keep water to roming , stray cattle's. during summer.,

B ut now i feel for the present generation, many lack the love of grandparents, many are forced to live in apartments. If people like us living in foreign countries , want to feed cow , where will we go? Here in dubai i cant feed any crow, as we do while we were in India before , we cant put  beautiful designs of rangoli flowers , which we call Kolam , thro which we are told to feed ants, putting the kollam in rice flour. Here we wont see any ants , we parents can show them all in pictures to children. But i do find some in India never bother about doing all these , due to modernaisation, western style living.   Now we see even foreigners learning all these arts. ,.which makes us all proud to be born as Indians.

As u have quoted , the GAYATHRI mantras are said to be the greatest of all, I know the real values, we brahmins chant them always, i even insist my son to chant GAYATHRI mantras always, whenever he chants them , i saw him becoming a successful person in his life, i used to tell all  the younger generations to value the Mantra, whenever i meet them all , many started chanting them .   I wrote in one of my posts the importance of chanting  SRI VISHNU SAHASRANAMAVALI. THIS also gives the same result like GAYATHRI mantra, BUT chanting gayathri mantra is easier  when compared to vishnu sahasranama.

DHANYAVAD!

NAMASHKAR.

PRASANNA

SARVAJANA SUKINO BHAVANTHU!

Return to “Spirituality”