life after death

Spiritual mysticism for mystics and magical topics of any kind.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

lipsychick

life after death

Post by lipsychick » Sat Jun 07, 2008 2:48 pm

hi everyone
I have a question. My dad has just passed on 3 days ago now and Im
devastated im finding it very hard to come to terms with.  We had a very
close psychic connection and I havent even dreamt about him yet.  Can
anyone tell me what happens when we pass over and how long will it be before i can feel him round about me.  I know he will come to me if he
can.  Are there any signs I can watch for or is there any way that I can
contact him.  I think im right in saying that there are transition stages
we go through when we leave our earthly body and join spirit, am i
correct?  I am just learning and with whats just happened to me and my
family id appreciate some wisdom

In Love and Light
Bx

chrisdee

Post by chrisdee » Sat Jun 07, 2008 3:32 pm

Hi everyone’s experiences will be different, mine is from experience not the media. The earliest I have had spirit contact me is twenty hours after departing .Spirit can make there presence felt in a number of different ways, Spiritual light, a not quite physical appearance. A cold tingling sensation on the skin, a loving warmth that comes from know were, they may stroke you hair lightly, even blow your fringe up, electrical things coming on and going off, synchronicities happen there favourite song will be played on the radio, although been in an emotional state these things can go over looked .
It would depend on how they took there departure into the spirit world as to when they contact those left in the physical world. From my experience they have all stayed until after there funerals, then disappeared for a while (this can be any length of time), then come back visiting.
                  There’s a whole lot more to this but I hope this helps in some way Blessings Decia

parallelmessages

Post by parallelmessages » Sat Jun 07, 2008 5:48 pm

Hi Lipsychick
First I want to say how sorry I am for your loss.  Having recently lost my only sibling I understand your grief and need to know when you can expect to reconnect with him.
From my personal experience it was probably close to a week before I felt his presence.  I figured he visited his wife and children first then my parents and finally myself to let us know he was safe and happy.  I have read that as Chrisdee has noted above the departed usually disappear for a while before making contact.  I believe it is to become accustomed to their passing and re-acquaint themselves with loved ones in that realm.
Be patient and your father will make his presence known to you.
Best,
Jodi

Azhar

Post by Azhar » Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:57 am

The spirit keeps a contact with the world for 40 days.It visit their homes and see their loved ones.Those who have their 3rd eye open can see them. Good spirit leaves a very good smell when they visit their homes.They often meet their loved ones in dreams,and convey messages.After 40 days they move to another region known as 'Aalim e Barzakh' according to Muslim teachings,there they will remain until the day of judgement .
There is a method practiced in Sufis known as 'Kashful Qaboor' in which they can contact with any deceasd person ,while sitting on its grave.The advanced sufis can even contact them without visiting their graves.
In muslims their is a special day in the Muslims month of Shaban i.e. a month before the fasting month of Ramzan.On 15th of Shaban Muslims visit the graves of their beloved and offer food to the poor for the Divine blessings of the souls. The spirits also visit their homes on this date.
Azhar

looking_glass

Post by looking_glass » Mon Jun 09, 2008 5:09 pm

Azhar wrote:The spirit keeps a contact with the world for 40 days.It visit their homes and see their loved ones.Those who have their 3rd eye open can see them. Good spirit leaves a very good smell when they visit their homes.They often meet their loved ones in dreams,and convey messages.After 40 days they move to another region known as 'Aalim e Barzakh' according to Muslim teachings,there they will remain until the day of judgement .
There is a method practiced in Sufis known as 'Kashful Qaboor' in which they can contact with any deceasd person ,while sitting on its grave.The advanced sufis can even contact them without visiting their graves.
In muslims their is a special day in the Muslims month of Shaban i.e. a month before the fasting month of Ramzan.On 15th of Shaban Muslims visit the graves of their beloved and offer food to the poor for the Divine blessings of the souls. The spirits also visit their homes on this date.
Azhar
What is the significance of the number 40? This is seen many times in religious books.

kybunker

Post by kybunker » Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:06 am

Hi Lips!
I'd like to hear your view on the after life?
There are so many beliefs,
What are yours?
I smelled pipe tabacco today,
in my house, Unusual to smell that around here.

Azhar

Post by Azhar » Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:26 am

Dear Looking_ glass
Yes you are right many significant religous books have reference to number 40.Most of the Sufis higher sppiritual exercisesare also based on  40 days
How ever I can quote it from Quran.
1-SURAT AL-BAQRA,Verse NO.51
  "And when we promised Moses for 40 nights."
2-SURAT AL-AIRAAF, Verse NO.142
"And we promised Moses for 30 nights and then added 10 to it. Thus the time limit of his Lord was completed in 40 Days.'
This shows that Moses spent 40 nights at Mountain Toor in Senai and worshipped his Lord and in return got bounties of his blessings and knowledge.
One Of "Hadiith Qudsi" [ The saying of Prophet Muhammad{Pbuh} which was revealed to him by Allah{Swt}but is not part of Quran] says'I made the dough of of Adam's mud for 40 days with my own hands."
One of the Prophet Muhammad saying or Hadith is.
Those who will keep himself involved in the worship of Allah for 40 days , a stream of knowledge and light will flow from their tounge and heart.'
This is why Sufis practice different names of Allah or Quranic  verses in a special way under the guidance of a teacher for 40 days to reap its benefits.
I have gone under the similar exercise ,and this in our language is known as 'Chilla' and it really gives the benefits but on the other hand it should be done under the guidance of a bonafide teacher and not just reading from the books as it is very dangerous as many of the astral objects come in the way to block it and might harm.

Return to “Spirituality”