QUOTATIONS FROM GREAT RELIGIOUS BOOKS AND GREAT SAINTS

Spiritual mysticism for mystics and magical topics of any kind.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

prasanna

QUOTATIONS FROM GREAT RELIGIOUS BOOKS AND GREAT SAINTS

Post by prasanna » Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:15 pm

Quotations From Great Saints

We have compiled for you below some quotations from great saints. These may help you in your daily schedule, or tasks that you have set for yourself...

BHAGAVAT GITA

He who has conquered himself by the self - he is the friend of himself, but he whose self is unconquered, his self acts as his own enemy.
He whose actions are all free a hankering of desires, whose actions have been burnt by the fire of knowledge, him the wise call a Sage.

BHAGAVATAM

As fire consumes all things, so does the fire of knowledge consume all evil and ignorance.

RAMAYANA

The Lord forgives any offence meted out to him but never condones the offence committed on His devotee.

BHAGAVATAM

Wonderful is the teacher is Sri Krishna.
Wonderful are His deeds.
Even the utterance of His holy name.
Sanctifies Him, who speaks and him who hears.

RAMAYANA

Even if they attain sovereignity, the wicked engaged in cruel deed, condemned by all men, do not enjoy it long, but fall like trees, whose roots have been severed.

UPANISHAD

Another enjoys cast off the desires that arise in the heart, the thought of possessing what.
Joy comes by renunciation of desires.
Eye sees the outer world.
Mind sees the eye.
Inner soul perceives the working of the mind.

BIBLE

The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge.
Love your enemies - do good to them that hate you.

DHAMMAPADA

Many garlands can be made from a heap of flowers.
Many good deeds should be done by one born a mortal.
A mind freed from contamination of lust.
Whose thoughts are free from hate.
Who has conquered both merit and demerit.
To him who is wide awake, there is no fear.

QURAN

If you publish yours alms giving, it is well, but if you hide it and give it to the poor, it will be better.
You will not attain piety, until you spend of that which you love, and whatsoever you spend, Allah is aware thereof.

TALMUD

Much Torah have I learnt, from my teachers, more from my colleagues, but from my students- most of all.
Greater is he who acts from love, than he who acts from fear.

ADI GRANTH

Realisation of truth is higher than all else.
Higher still is truthful living.
Anyone swallowing poison must die, Brother! Behold the Creator's justice, as are man's actions, so is his recompense.

PATANJALI

Self-introspection leads to the realisation of the goal.
From contentment in its perfection, one acquires superlative felicity.

GAUTAMA BUDDHA

There never was, there never will be, nor is there now a person, who is really blamed or wholly praised.
It is easy to see the faults of others, but not so easy to see one's own faults.

PROVERBS
An idealist is a person, who helps other people to be prosperous. Be sure to master yourself, before trying to master others.

TAO TE CHING
He who knows does not speak.
He who speaks does not know.
He who knows others is wise.
He who knows himself is enlightened.
He who conquers others has physical strength,
He who conquers himself is strong.

SRI SHANKARACHARYA

The mind is the place of pilgrimage where Devas, Vedas and other purifying agencies become one. A bath in that place of pilgrimage makes one immortal.
When there is no spiritual wisdom, mere wearing orange robes, Rudrakshas and other external shows- denote only the craving for material benefits and earthly pleasures.

SHRI RAMANUJACHARYA

God is the whole, the Idol is a part. He is the main torch from which many lamps are lit. He is an inexhaustible source of mercy and resplendent qualities. The idols reflect all the attributes.

There is no difference between man and man in the midst of The Divine, but all the distinctions as high and low are due to His will. In this world of diversity and multiplicity, man should develop his mind to see oneness in all human beings and this can be achieved only by love of the heart and compassion to others.

SWAMI CHINMAYANANDA

If you want to prove youself to God, improve yourself. Words of guidance are so simple, yet so deep - anybody can win, if he be the soul entry.
Unfortunately, in every field, there are so many entries and so to win , one has to cultivate excellence.

SWAMI DAYANAND

The mother, the father and the preceptor should be lovingly served with body mind and money.
Just as the tree whose root has been cut falls down, so does an unrighteous man.

SWAMI SHIVANAND

Put your heart, mind, intellect and soul even to your smallest act.
This is the secret of success.
Silence is the language of God. It is also the language of heart.

SRI SARADA DEVI

Practice meditation and by and by, your mind will be so calm, and fixed, that you will find it hard to keep away from meditation.
One must experience the effect of past action. None can escape it.
But Japa or meditation minimizes its intensity.

SRI RAMAKRISHNA PARAMAHAMSA

A truly religious man should think that other religions also have many paths leading to the truth.
One should always maintain an attitude of respect towards other religions. Dispute not, as you rest firmly on your own faith and opinion, allow others also equal liberty to stand by their own faith and opinion.

SWAMI VIVEKANANDA

Where is fate and who is fate? We reap what we sow. We are the makers of our own fate. None else has the blame, none else has the praise. We make our own destiny.

The Christian is not to become a Hindu or a Buddhist, nor a Hindu or a Buddhist to become a Christian.
Each must assimilate the spirit of other religion and yet preserve his individuality and follow his own law of growth.

SHIRDI SAI BABA

Let anyone speak hundreds of things against you, do not resent by giving a bitter reply.
If you tolerate such things, you will certainly be happy.
If anybody wants any money from you, and you are not inclined to give, do not give. But do not bark at him like a Dog.

DOCTOR ANNIE BESANT

Those who try to fulfil the maxim "know thyself" must not shrink from a little mental exertion, nor must expect mental food to drop ready cooked from the sky into a lazily opened mouth.
Each man is the person who most constantly affects his own body. Others affect it occasionally, but he always.

The speaker to whom he listens and the author of the book he reads affect his mental body, but, they are only incidents in his life. If a man thinks truth, a lie cannot make a lodgement in his mind.
If he thinks love, hate cannot disturb him. If he thinks wisdom, ignorance cannot paralyze him. Here alone is safety, here alone real power.

SRILA PRABHUPADA SWAMI

Hare Krishna Hare Rama Mantra is the transcendental process for reviving original, pure consciousness.
By chanting this, transcendental vibrations, we can cleanse away all misgivings within our heart.
The basic principle of all such misgivings is the false consciousness that I am the Lord of all that I survey.

SATYA SAI BABA

The skill that is obtained by the knowledge and study will become a kill only if misused.
This message of mine is a diamond - (dia mind), which means all ill feelings in your mind should die (get destroyed).

THIRU VALLUVAR

If thou must need long for anything, long for freedom from re-incarnation and that freedom will come to thee. If thou long to conquer longing.
He man who is pure in heart would not injure others even if he could obtain a princely estate thereby.

SRI AUROBINDO GHOSH

Sri Aurobindo's sayings are followed by thousnd's of devotees the world over.
He say's... "Because God has willed and foreseen everything, thou shall not therefore sit inactive and wait upon His providence.
For, thy action is one of His chief effective forces. "

CORINTHIANS

Let no one seek his own good.
But the good of his neighbours.

MAHATMA GANDHI

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind.

SHRI KRISHNA

The man doeth that which he hath to do without attachment to the result, obtaineth The Supreme.

My sincere thanks to DIVINE DIGEST-The Guide to Hinduism

Your_Enlightenment

Post by Your_Enlightenment » Sat Jun 21, 2008 3:59 am

THE MOSAIC OF WISDOM (by Pavel Kastl)

It is possible to say about every man that he or she is the best and the worst man on the world. Every of us is different and so he or she possesses a different piece of evil and nonmercy, a different piece of love and mercy than the other do. Therefore every of us is the best and the worst man on the world.

AMEN

I will tell you what is Jesus Christ: it is an IDEAL but also a respective individual at the same time. It is somebody who is like Jesus Christ whether it is him or somebody else and he dwells in Heaven. And if we call Jesus then we call that Somebody who is like Him. Jesus the name and the ideal is one of the ways leading to the God and holy giant figures that are there together with him. But it is possible to come there, to call into there, also without Jesus Christ. He is one of the Ways, not the only one way.
"Knock on the door and it will open for you." Find a connection with the Might, with the ideal that exists and then join it. Either be the best Christians or forget about the entire Christianity and knock on the gate by the experiencing of the feelings and thoughts that will step over the border of this world and will reach into there. And even if there won't be Jesus behind the gate, perhaps there will be Aslan from The Chronicles of Narnia or somebody having a totally different name. But in any case, it will be HE!

pkfreebooks.net/samples/wise_guidance.htm

prasanna

Post by prasanna » Sat Jun 21, 2008 6:17 am

dear   Enlightment,

thanks for the link,  it is really wonderful and useful . As the name suggest those are real wise guidances.

*   Who is not afraid of God, he does not know him. Who will get to know him, he will start being afraid of him!

*   The God is one of the biggest culprits of all the evil (in our Universe) and if we want it to decrease, we must strongly ask the God to perform less amount of it:

"God, please do not send bad spirits any more to make people commit evil and sin. Please do not judge those into whom you sent bad spirits to enter and they had to hurt their neighbors then. Please judge yourself because their sins are Yours!"

When somebody hurter somebody else, he has a right to look up at the God and to say:
    "God, what have you done! For You have hurted my neighbor through me!"
    When somebody was hurted, he has a right to look up at the God and to say:
    "God, what have you done! For you have hurted me through my neighbor!"

A lesson:

No matter who hurts you, it is the God who hurts you through him who hurts you.

When you are well-off, the God predestined it - so he is your best friend. And when you are badly-off, it was also the God who predestined it - so he is your biggest enemy.

These above quotations    Inspired me a lot.I now  feel GOD is the Best friend me .

thank u for making me read the fine words  from the given link.

amitmahajan10

some quotations

Post by amitmahajan10 » Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:05 pm

PRAYER IS NOT ASKING FOR SOMETHING
PRAYER IS GRATEFULNESS;
A RECOGNITION OF THE HUGE TIDAL WAVES OF LOVE
THAT GOD IS POURING ON YOU EVERY MOMENT.

WHEN YOU KNOW, YOU HAVE FAITH;
WHEN YOU DONT KNOW, THEN YOU START BELIEVING.

CHOICE IS BONDAGE,
CHOICELESSNESS IS FREEDOM.

ALL YOU NEED TO BECOME BRAHMAN,
YOU ALREADY HAVE.

prasanna

Post by prasanna » Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:13 pm

Thanks a lot for sharing here dear friends.

Regards,

prabakaran_cad

Post by prabakaran_cad » Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:38 am

GREAT QUOTES

prasanna

Post by prasanna » Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:14 pm

Thanks  a lot prabakaran.

Regards,

Return to “Spirituality”