Religious Or Spiritual?

Spiritual mysticism for mystics and magical topics of any kind.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

ollieowl

Post by ollieowl » Mon Sep 22, 2008 3:11 pm

But we are getting off topic  bye for now
you should live your life the best you can
treat all other  as you would like to treated
with love and kindness

TheAlchemist

Post by TheAlchemist » Mon Sep 22, 2008 4:34 pm

bye for now my friend.....Your good works make the world a better place...
Peace

Minakochan

Post by Minakochan » Wed Oct 08, 2008 6:03 pm

TheAlchemist wrote:oh this is a wonderful topic!...i believe you can be a spiritual person and not go to church....then there are those who go to church ...yet are not spiritual....i think that religions are a path to the same spirit....no one religion is the "right" one...all lead to the same God energy....I too have come across people who judge others because they believe in different religions....i think we are all equal regardless of our beliefs....no one religion is the right one....they are all one in the same.....no one is above or below us we are all equal...and we all return to the same spirit when we pass from this world....there is no separation....this topic touches me because i once told a christian pastor that i received a profound insight from Saint Germain. and he looked at me as if i was an alien from another world...and he dismissed my vision as imagination because Saint Germain was not listed in his text book...so if its not in his text book it doesn't exist???.....I know what i believe and i am a spiritual person and i do respect others religions...I wish every one realized we are all one in the same regardless of our different beliefs...Peace my friends...and happy soul searching to all
I totally agree here.
I was raised as a Catholic. I have it's essence, but I don't believe, agree with it 100%.
I believe to be more spiritual than religious. I really don't like the idea that you just "have" to do stuff, otherwise you will be punished.
I also don't like that Catholics generally hates Spiritualism (? not sure about the name, but in portuguese is "espiritismo") it's all about going against witches and such.
So the people I know to be Catholics respect all religions, all but the mystical ones or the oriental ones (Buddhism, Shintoism, etc). And I think this is totally inappropriate.  

I remember once that a priest here in brazil (he has a radio show and is really very popular) he told everybody to throw away anything that would have anything to do with witches like good-luck charms, rocks, candles, incenses, etc because they were attracting the "enemy" into our house.   :smt018

This is the kind of stuff I don't agree with Catholics.
But I do accept the idea of God and having a woman image of protection (virgin Mary) - I would love to think of God as a woman, but I've been used to the contrary for so long, I don't think I can do it and the closest to it is thinking about the Virgin Mary.

Oh well... it's a good thing that we are able to believe whatever we want to believe..

terini

spiritual people vs. religious people

Post by terini » Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:12 am

I agree that spiritual people are people of the universe and do not actually discriminate.  Religious people are "condemned" to believe certain things.  Spirituality has to do with the energy surrounding us and the natural.  I believe we should try to enhace our spirituality and follow the path God has chosen for us.

prabakaran_cad

Post by prabakaran_cad » Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:45 pm

There is an energy that conducts this universe and there is an energy that conducts your own self. Sprituality is about how to establish a connection between these two energies.

Flood religion with scientific reasoning; let whatever that is washed away be washed away; whatever stands the reasoning is spirituality. Religion minus superstition is sprituality. When you purify religion, you become a spiritualist.

---Nithyananda Swamigal
In search of Mystic Inside
Prabakaran

ec

Post by ec » Sat Oct 18, 2008 10:15 am

Hi...this has probably already been para=phrased but I simply would like to add my thoughts.. for me spirituality is a connection to god or the universe. And it is this connection or undrestanding that has created religion... religion is the organisation of that connection into rites and ceremonies by all the various cultures of the world. I have always been deeply spiritual..even as a child before I knew how to label it... now I can see that all the labels have some truth .... I have found a religion that works for me 100% ... and how lucky I am because now I can share with others... that is all religion is to my mind.... an attempt at sharing the experience of spirituality. In this day and age I feel lucky to have been allowed to choose my religion and I pray for those people around the world who are forced to follow a certain religion or not allowed to practise theirs......... How sad that with the single most beautiful thing in the world we have managed to pit man against man....

Love and light
EC xx
a problem cannot be solved with the same consciousness that created it (Einstein)

Jolyn Woods

Post by Jolyn Woods » Fri Oct 31, 2008 6:37 pm

Julie, you are so right. No one can come between me and my Goddess. It is a personal relationship as with my God!
JOLYN

kricket

Spirituality

Post by kricket » Mon Nov 24, 2008 6:42 pm

I was raised in a home where we went to Church every Sunday.  As I grew up I stopped going to Church every Sunday and only on Easter and Christmas do I go.  I still am a member of our church and work at the Anniversary Dinner every year and help when I can.  I have always felt that I can say my prayers and talk to (as I call him/her the big guy or girl) (I figure they have a sense of ha ha) any where I am out side in the fresh air or in side my home.  I raised my children the same way but tell them if they wish they my go to Church if that what they want.  They know I beleive in the afterlife, spirits and the like.  I have never kept from them that I see and hear spirits almost daily.  Or that I some times know things are going to happen before they do.  I have alway talked with them about the Bible and that I feel that it has been translated so many times that things get lost in translation.  And that I dont feel father/mother god is mean or spitful and that you should learn as much as you can it this life.  I hope that my children will make the world a better place for the next generation.  
I have many friends in many different Religions when we get together non of us shoves our beliefes on each other.  I fact I have had a few of my friend ask if they could borrow some of my books.  Next thing I know they are asking more and more questions about what I believe and my thoughts on (govermentized) religions.
I hope I have not offended any one. Thanks and Bless all

TheAlchemist

Post by TheAlchemist » Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:27 pm

beautifully said kricket !! ....peace to you
Peace

Vinay Jha

Post by Vinay Jha » Sun Dec 21, 2008 4:16 pm

Spirituality can be meaningful only when one knows his/her real self. Mortals are mostly governed by unconscious mind, by instincts and desires. Soul is befooled by such a mind to think that it is body or mind. It cannot be awakened by mere sermons, except in the case of a few rare persons, who simply need the blessings of a guru. Rest of the mankind needs strenuous efforts to loosen the bonds between Flesh and Spirit, which is almost unthinkable by the majority in a consumerist society. Codes of conduct and rites to awaken spirituality gave rise to religions, which were later degraded by lesser mortals. But it does not mean religion is unwanted. Society needs religion ; spirituality demands solitude.

-VJ

FrolickingMoonAngel

Spirituality

Post by FrolickingMoonAngel » Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:59 am

Blessings to All...my take is as follows...I am a very Spiritual person...I have experienced a number of different "man made" religious establishments...and have decided the following...and please note that this is just my opinion on them...
All man made religions seek to dominate...by frightening the parishoner...established religion didn't even come into play until after the 1600...and then it was done to control the people...I believe that there are Gods and Goddesses...not one God that is vindictive and a blackmailer...yes blackmailer...these religions want you to believe in their God, yet if you read their Bible it says, that God is venegeful, and that if you don't worship their God you will go to Hell...which is a place of damnation...why would anyone want to follow such a philosophy???  Its beyond me...I don't believe there is a hell...I believe we make our own hell right here on earth...I think we have to manifest our needs by staying in tune with the Universe and looking within ourselves to find solutions...I believe in a higher power that is withing us not around us...I worship the Goddess within myself, the Gods that help the Goddesses, the Angels, and Ascended Masters like Jesus...I don't believe that he was the "Son of Man" as stated in established religion societies, but that He like us had to look within and then he shared his wisdom and continues to share if you seek it from him; just as you ask the Angels for help he (Jesus) needs to be asked too...but he gives his knowledge of wisdom...the Devil to me is those obstacles that we all face in our day to day lives...
Angel Hugs
FrolickingMoonAngel
Angel Hugs...FrolickingMoonAngel

widboudicea

Re: Spirituality

Post by widboudicea » Fri Mar 20, 2009 6:40 pm

FrolickingMoonAngel wrote:Blessings to All...my take is as follows...I am a very Spiritual person...I have experienced a number of different "man made" religious establishments...and have decided the following...and please note that this is just my opinion on them...
All man made religions seek to dominate...by frightening the parishoner...established religion didn't even come into play until after the 1600...and then it was done to control the people...I believe that there are Gods and Goddesses...not one God that is vindictive and a blackmailer...yes blackmailer...these religions want you to believe in their God, yet if you read their Bible it says, that God is venegeful, and that if you don't worship their God you will go to Hell...which is a place of damnation...why would anyone want to follow such a philosophy???  Its beyond me...I don't believe there is a hell...I believe we make our own hell right here on earth...I think we have to manifest our needs by staying in tune with the Universe and looking within ourselves to find solutions...I believe in a higher power that is withing us not around us...I worship the Goddess within myself, the Gods that help the Goddesses, the Angels, and Ascended Masters like Jesus...I don't believe that he was the "Son of Man" as stated in established religion societies, but that He like us had to look within and then he shared his wisdom and continues to share if you seek it from him; just as you ask the Angels for help he (Jesus) needs to be asked too...but he gives his knowledge of wisdom...the Devil to me is those obstacles that we all face in our day to day lives...
Angel Hugs
FrolickingMoonAngel
FINALLY SOMEONE SPEAKING  MY WORDS!
It infuriates me how people are coerced into a religious doctrine that frightens people to do their will. You shalt not kill -- well unless it's in my name of course!!!
I too believe in the ancient religions where gods and goddesses were appreciated, how very arrogant to believe that there is one god that will inflict the very worse punishment if you commit a sin. We are human this is what we do, unfortunately.
As a Pagan follower I have respect for all people that follow a religion as long as they respect my decisions for choosing my path in life, I totally agree that by seeking spiritual harmony and balance we gain higher knowledge and acceptance of each other. Unfortunatley it was Christian fanatics that turned the Pagan Horned God into a 'Devil' and thus declared all Pagans Satanists!!!

This is my opinion and I wish to cause no upset to anyone out there, I am very spiritual and try my hardest to live outside the confines of our human mind - to live by a better standard - what my beliefs are shouldn't affect peoples opinions of me, just like what others believe in does not alter how I feel about them.
No link in Signatures.
To big Avatar.

MacLir

Post by MacLir » Wed Apr 01, 2009 5:53 am

I agree with what a Yogi that said anything organized would never have open mind and open heart, because they must be fixed with certain limit, rules, etc. I also believe that the founder of all religions--including the major world religions--were never meant to make organization for their teachings. Jesus said, "They who are in truth would listen to me", not the contrary. Mohammed did not appointed anyone to be his replacement. Krishna did not form any religious foundation. And Siddhartha Gautama was always emphasizing "buddha" or realization in his teachings, not to follow guidance of any authorization; and he also said that the real teachings of him would vanished 800 years after he died. They all did so because they knew how limitless human perception is. The first president in my country--Indonesia, Ir. Soekarno once said in his speech that about like this: If some blind people that never knew elephant were brought to the animal, one man who touched the ear would said,"Ah, an elephant just like a leaf". The other who touched the foot said,"An elephant just like a tree". Whilst another one who touched the tail suddenly fell back because he thought it just like a snake. And the last person who came to under the animal was confused and said:"Strange an elephant just like the wind".
Avalon

amalimrock

Post by amalimrock » Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:59 pm

I don't trust religion, all the rules are typically man-made. There are also some concepts of the law of attraction, by substituting the words can equal to prayer and wishing. Because a person is simply giving it thought and thus draws what they want into their experience. Also, everyone should have the right to do what they want, in an Abraham book by Esther and Jerry Hicks, you "allow" others by saying to yourself that what they do does not harm you, in which the government totally contradicts by having their defences set up etc. and religion also does the same by saying "No you canot do this, it is sin" and so on.

Return to “Spirituality”