WHAT IS MEDITATION?

Spiritual mysticism for mystics and magical topics of any kind.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

amitmahajan10

WHAT IS MEDITATION?

Post by amitmahajan10 » Mon Oct 06, 2008 12:05 pm

MIND WITHOUT AGITATION IS MEDITATION...
MIND IN THE PRESENT MOMENT IS MEDITATION...
MIND WHICH BECOMES NO MIND IS MEDITATION...
MIND THAT HAS NO HESITATION, NO ANTICIPATION IS MEDITATION...
A MIND THAT HAS COME BACK HOME TO THE SOURCES IS MEDITATION...
THE REST IN MEDITATION IS DEEPER THAN THE DEEPEST SLEEP THAT YOU CAN EVER HAVE....

Prof. Akers

Post by Prof. Akers » Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:01 pm

As a martial artist we strive for mushin - no mind and yes it is a fine state of being.
Some days you are the cart and other days the horse; either way you still get shafted.

"I thought you'd be bigger," (read it how you will).

prabakaran_cad

Post by prabakaran_cad » Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:34 am

MELTING PROCESS OF MIND WITH THE HELP OF MIND IS MEDITATION.

IN CASE OF CONE ICE, THE CONE IS USED TO HOLD ICECREAM. FINALLY WE EAT THE CONE ITSELF.

LIKE THAT DURING THE INITIAL STAGE OF MEDITATION WE WILL USE THE MIND BUT AT LATER FINAL STAGE THE MIND ITSELF WILL GET DIS APPEARED AND MELT INTO HIGHER CONSCIENCE
In search of Mystic Inside
Prabakaran

prasanna

Post by prasanna » Fri Dec 26, 2008 5:27 pm

What  is  Meditation?

Meditation Means Awareness.  An ordinary person may consider meditation as a worship or prayer. But it is not so. Meditation means awareness. Whatever you do with awareness is meditation. "Watching your breath" is meditation; listening to the birds is meditation. As long as these activities are free from any other distraction to the mind, it is effective meditation.

Meditation is not a technique but a way of life. Meditation means 'a cessation of the thought process' . It describes a state of consciousness, when the mind is free of scattered thoughts and various patterns . The observer (one who is doing meditation) realizes that all the activity of the mind is reduced to one.
prasanna

LEAD, KINDLY LIGHT. LOVE IS GOD, LOVE IS OCEAN, " Love Is Eternal. " LIVE TO LOVE TO LIVE.

prabakaran_cad

Post by prabakaran_cad » Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:50 am

Here worship or prayer can turn into mediatation if it is done with full awareness.

If the prayer or worship is done without any expectation and with great love towards god, then we will be fully aware and will be in that moment 100%.. Then we will be auomatically into the meditative state
In search of Mystic Inside
Prabakaran

k_aadhivs

self-realization

Post by k_aadhivs » Sat Mar 21, 2009 6:31 am

to add:

Maany people do meditation for self-realization.
But, yes meditation without expectation is the best and awareness is 24 hour meditation

sidchowdary

Re: WHAT IS MEDITATION?

Post by sidchowdary » Sat May 02, 2009 10:31 am

its the best ay to connect our selves with the higher levels and our masters
GAUTAMCHALASANI

amalimrock

Post by amalimrock » Sat May 02, 2009 12:50 pm

it is a sort of "discipline" to allow better concentration. Andfrom there comes our first step into spiritual unfoldment

Aegeus

Post by Aegeus » Tue May 05, 2009 5:07 pm

"Iyengar states that there are no shortcuts to enlightenment, that the physical body must be prepared before the mind can properly go into any meditation practice; in fact, he says that any "meditation" that is rushed into without following the proper order of Yoga is not real meditation at all.  He says that the only true state of meditation is the state that is reached after the long hard work of preparing the physical body, then learning pranayama, then refining the powers of the mind until it is able to sustain a true samadhi meditation."

There are eight limbs of yoga. The obvious first is preparation of the physical body. The 2nd is mind yoga(Raja). If the mind yoga is done first it is all to easy to go crazy from not being grounded or to have the body degrade from long periods of inactivity, or ripped apart from the magnitude of energy moving through. The general populous has over looked the physical yoga, and the result has been the body eventually succumbing to mortalilty, as a result of neglect, and the soul being cycled through to begin again with a fresh body. Yoga is given to us to assist our growth and evolution. "Hatha yoga, the yogi philosophy of physical"(a good book); development of the physical body as an instrument for spirit and a temple for the soul. The mind yoga is the next phase after this to begin once the body has reached a high state where it can handle large amounts moving through it, can hold various positions, and sit for extended periods during meditation without decaying or depleting.

I do agree meditation can be as simple as listening to the birds or looking at the sky, but this is no where near the state that can be reached if the physical body is prepared first.
"Permacultre is revolution disguised  as gardening"

sidchowdary

hi

Post by sidchowdary » Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:30 pm

mediataion is knowing u innerself, we all are here for a reason yet leave it and pursue other things
GAUTAMCHALASANI

karel2121

meditation

Post by karel2121 » Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:05 pm

Every spiritual school have his own way for meditation.
Another way of meditation have mantaryogis, another have rajayogis, .. anotehr buddhists of theravada, anotther buddhists of mahayana, another christian mystics..... ............... .............. who cen say, what is a meditation.

santhosh.G

Post by santhosh.G » Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:32 am

all the above defines it, I believe...once a sanyasin was asked by some person;"respected sir, what is the difference between you and me?" ..."nothing",said the sanyasin,"nothing, except that, when i walk i know i am walking, when i sit, i know i am sitting..when when i am here, i know i am here, that is all that is the difference".

Sir Mullich Vn

Post by Sir Mullich Vn » Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:31 am

I have met some who develop their special abilities through meditation. Very amazing indeed. They answer "Yes/No" to my questions, most of the time more than 90% are correct.

sunmystic

Post by sunmystic » Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:05 pm

Based on my experience with this stuff :) "Meditation" is what your beloved master says it is :)

"What does your beloved master say it is?"

love,

sunmystic

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Sat Jan 02, 2010 2:55 pm

Meditation - the word literally interpreted - To think upon.  

So meditation is a mind technique that can do all the things mentioned but so much more.  As each individual is capable of finding their own inner peace through meditation it is right for each in its own way.
God bless, J

Return to “Spirituality”