HINDU AND MUSLIM WISDOM

Spiritual mysticism for mystics and magical topics of any kind.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Pravin Kumar

HINDU AND MUSLIM WISDOM

Post by Pravin Kumar » Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:49 am

Yesterday I lived bewildered, in illusion. But now I am awake, flawless and serene, beyond the world. From my light the body and the world arise. So all things are mine, or nothing is.

- Ashtavakra Gita

Glorified by heaven, O radiant Sun, illumine the earth forever and more that the hearts of its inhabitants unite and ascend and become one with the exalted Divine.

- Rumi, "Mathnawi"

Once in a while it really hits people that they don't have to experience the world in the way they have been told to.

- Alan Keightley

Life was meant to be lived, and curiosity must be kept alive. One must never, for whatever reason, turn his back on life.

- Eleanor Roosevelt

"Prana burns as fire; he shines as the sun; He rains as the cloud; he blows as the wind; He crashes as the thunder in the sky. He is the earth; he has form and no form; Prana is immortality. "Everything rests in prana, as spokes rest In the hub of the wheel: all the Vedas, All the rituals, all the warriors and kings. "O prana, you move in the mother's womb As life to be manifested again. All creatures pay their homage to you."

- Prashna Upanishad

A true Muslim is the one who does not defame or abuse others; but the truly righteous becomes a refuge for humankind, their lives and their properties.

- The Prophet Muhammad (SAW), as narrated by Abd'Allah bin Amr

Reviling a Muslim is disobedience to God, and fighting with him is infidelity.

- The Prophet Muhammad (pbuh)

What is virtuous conduct? It is never destroying life, for killing leads to every other sin. Of all virtues summed by ancient sages, the foremost are to share one's food and to protect all living creatures.

- Tirukkural 33: 321-322

santhosh.G

Post by santhosh.G » Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:53 pm

Ashtavakra Gita is a must read..really the absolute treasure.the epitome of divine knowledge...this is the essence of yogavasishta.

santhosh.G

Post by santhosh.G » Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:56 pm

the sufi saints...that is a great experience..reading them. prasna upanishad is deep and subtle.and turukural in tamil written in the sangham age,12th century ad,I believe...is really a storehouse of wisdom.

Return to “Spirituality”