HINDU, MUSLIM WISDOM AND HEALTH GLOW QUOTES

Spiritual mysticism for mystics and magical topics of any kind.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Pravin Kumar

HINDU, MUSLIM WISDOM AND HEALTH GLOW QUOTES

Post by Pravin Kumar » Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:52 pm

The falcon made the king's hand his joy, and became indifferent to the search for carrion. All animals from the gnat to the elephant are of the family of God and depend on Him for sustenance. What a sustainer is God!

- Rumi, "Mathnawi"

As for those who seek the transcendental Reality, without name, without form, contemplating the Unmanifested, beyond the reach of thought and of feeling, with their senses subdued and mind serene and striving for the good of all beings, they too will verily come unto me.

- Bhagavad Gita

The human state is not about being perfect. We are in this life to learn to grow. We do so best by finding God's plan for us and following it. It is by no means easy. Yet learning, growing overcoming, and then experiencing transformation, can be one of life's greatest joys. It certainly makes life interesting.

- Eileen Caddy

I struggled hard but did not reap the fruits of my labors. Then I gazed into myself and found that my ego and my heart were unified. When the ego and the heart are united, a portion of all that shines upon the heart is seized by the self. Thus I came to know the cause of my dilemma, that the light illuminating my heart was being seized by my ego.

- Al-Nuri, in "Islamic Sufism"

If a man is unkind and speaks cruelly, his vast wealth will not last long before perishing. Harsh language and overly severe punishment, like a keen file, grind down a king's conquering powers. A king's wealth wanes when, without thoughtful involvement, he lets ministers work, then furiously faults their efforts.

- Tirukkural 57: 566-568

Consider the way for ordinary people. They should believe in the unity of God. They should expel from their minds all ideas of other gods, or other beings which are similar to God; they should know that God has no equals. Yet equally they should realize there are spiritual forces which are opposed to God. They should trust God, and fear all that are opposed to him.

- Junayd, Tawhid

Return to “Spirituality”