HINDU, MUSLIM WISDOM, HEALTH QUOTES

Spiritual mysticism for mystics and magical topics of any kind.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Pravin Kumar

HINDU, MUSLIM WISDOM, HEALTH QUOTES

Post by Pravin Kumar » Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:31 pm

All knowledge acquired through the five senses is worthless To those without knowledge of truth. In everything of every kind whatsoever, Wisdom perceives Truth in that thing. Those who find Divine Truth in this world Follow a path which never comes back to this world. Those who think with certitude and ponder well that which is, Need never think of being born again.

- Tirukkural 36:354-357

Real faith is having complete trust in God. It is the belief in the wisdom which comes from the Unseen. Such certainty can only be attained through the knowledge that emerges with divine help.

- Al-Hujwiri, "The Kashf al-Mahjub"

What I fear most for my people are the hypocrites, who talk wisely, yet act unjustly.

- The Prophet Muhammad (SAW), as reported by Umar bin al-Khattab

Said the sage Sanatkumara to Narada: "Where one realizes the indivisible unity of life, sees nothing else, hears nothing else, knows nothing else, that is the Infinite. Where one sees separateness, hears separateness, knows searateness, that is the finite. The Infinite is beyond death, but the finite cannot escape death."

- Chandogya Upanishad

One springtime Rabia entered a house, and did not come out. A follower said to her: Come outside, and see the beauties of the creation. Rabia said: Come inside, and see the creator. If you see the creator, you become too preoccupied to look at the creation.

- Attar: Rabi'a

Know you are one, Pure awareness. With the fire of this conviction Burn down the forest of ignorance. Free yourself from sorrow, And be happy.

- Ashtavakra Gita 1:9

To show compassion to the wicked is to oppress the righteous; to pardon oppressors is to tyrannize the oppressed.

- Sadi, "Gulistan"

Everything in woman hath a solution. It is called pregnancy.

- Friedrich Nietzche

Everything has its wonders, even darkness and silence, and I learn, whatever state I may be in, therein to be content.

- Helen Keller

Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.

- Robert Brault

No denser veil than pretension exists between God and the devotee. There is no closer way to God than spiritual impoverishment before Him.

- Tustari in Attar: Tadhkir

The spiritual weapon of self-purification, intangible as it seems, is the most potent means of revolutionizing ones environment and loosening the external shackles. It works subtly and invisibly; it is an intense process though it might often seem a weary and long-drawn process. It is the straightest way to liberation, the surest and the quickest, and no effort can be too great for it. What it requires is faithan unshakable mountainlike faith that flinches from nothing.

- Mohandas Gandhi

Called or not called, God will be there.

- Engraved in stone over the front door of Carl Jung

Such power as I possess in the political field has derived from my experiments in the spiritual field.

- Mahatma Gandhi, in his autobiography

Return to “Spirituality”