HINDU MUSLIM AND HEALTH QUOTES

Spiritual mysticism for mystics and magical topics of any kind.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Pravin Kumar

HINDU MUSLIM AND HEALTH QUOTES

Post by Pravin Kumar » Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:18 am

The difference between an itch and an allergy is about one hundred bucks.

- Jack Benney

Practice what you have learned, for theory without practice is like a spirit without a body. One who is content with learning alone is not learned, for the truly learned seeks more than mere words. Divine guidance entails self-mortification, without which contemplation is unattainable.

- Al-Hujwiri, "The Kashf al-Mahjub"

Refuse not food to those who are hungry. When you feed the hungry, you serve the Lord, From whom is born every living creature. Those who realize the Self within the heart Stand firm, grow rich, gather a family Around them, and receive the love of all.

- Taittriya Upanishad

Listen, stand up in prayer during the night*, for you are a candle, and at night a candle stands and burns. *Qur'an: Surah Al-Muzzamil (The Enwrapped One), 73:20

- Mathnawi [IV, 1456]

Sri Krishna: I have revealed to you the nature of the field and the meaning and object of true knowledge. Those who are devoted to me, knowing these things, are united with me.

- Bhagavad Gita 13:18

The master continued, "If you put oil, pepper, garlic and onion in a cauldron, and merely add water, you have not made a stew. The basis for a stew is meat; the other ingredients are optional. Similarly, spiritual progress depends on detaching yourself from material posessions; other virtuous practices are optional."

- Nizam al-Din, "Fawa'id al-Fu'ad"

I am not detachment nor salvation, Nor anything reached by the senses; I am behold all thought and form. I am everywhere, and nowhere at all- I am Consciousness and Bliss. I am Shiva! I am Shiva!

- Shankaracharya

You've got to say, I think that if I keep working at this and want it badly enough I can have it. It's called perseverance.

- Lee Iacocca

Poverty, the cruelest of demons, deprives a man Of every joy in this life as well as the next.

- Tirukkural 1042

Allah loves those who sacrifice their repose and arise in the depths of the night to glorify the word of their Lord; those who give in charity without making their identity public; and those who uphold their ranks even when their companions have been overcome.

- The Prophet Muhammad (SAW), as reported by AhdAllah bin Masud

Through humor, you can soften some of the worst blows that life delivers. And once you find laughter, no matter how painful your situation might be, you can survive it.

- Bill Cosby

Sri Krishna: With your mind intent on me, Arjuna, discipline yourself with the practice of yoga. Depend on me completely. Listen, and I will dispel all your doubts; you will come to know me fully and be united with me. I will give you both jnana and vijnana. When both these are realized, there is nothing more you need to know.

- Bhaghavad Gita 7:1-2

A group of men came to Rabi'a in order to test her. They said: 'Virtues and special gifts have been bestowed on men, not women. The crown of nobility has been placed on the heads of men, and the belt of generosity has been tied around their waists. The gift of prophesy has never descended on any woman. What can you boast of?' Rabi'a replied: 'I shall not dispute what you say. Yet women are less prone to pride, egoism and self-worship; they are less liable to think highly of themselves. And they do not so readily exploit others for their own pleasure.'

- Attar, "Rabi'a"

...Our true worth, value, and identity come not from what the world says, but from complete acceptance by God. In and of ourselves, we'll never be enough; we'll wear ourselves out trying.

- Nancy Stafford

A believer through his good deeds reaches the position of one who worships all night and fasts during the day.

Return to “Spirituality”