BUDDHIST QUOTE

Spiritual mysticism for mystics and magical topics of any kind.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Pravin Kumar

BUDDHIST QUOTE

Post by Pravin Kumar » Sun Nov 01, 2009 4:37 am

Irrigators guide the water. Fletchers shape the arrow shaft. Carpenters shape the wood. The wise control themselves.

- Dhammapada, 6, translated by Thanissaro Bhikkhu.

The truth indeed has never been preached by the Buddha, seeing that one has to realize it within oneself.

- Lamkara Sutra

As kusa grass, wrongly grasped, Only cuts ones hand, So the ascetic life, wrongly taken up, Drags one down to hell.

- "Connected Discourses of the Buddha"

A monk asked, All of the buddhas and all of the buddadharmas come forth from this sutra. What is this sutra? Qinshan said, Forever turning.

- "Zens Chinese Heritage"
"I, without grasping, will pass beyond sorrow, And I will attain nirvana," one says. Whoever grasps like this Has great grasping.

- Nagarjuna; Mulamadhyamaka-Karika
Sure I'm for helping the elderly. I'm going to be old myself some day.

- Lillian Carter, in her 80s
Those who regard non-essence as essence and see essence as non-, don't get to the essence, ranging about in wrong resolves. But those who know essence as essence, and non-essence as non-, get to the essence, ranging about in right resolves.

- Dhammapada 11-12, translated by Thanissaro Bhikkhu

Real Love is not based on attachment, but on altruism. In this case, your compassion will remain as a humane response to suffering as long as beings continue to suffer.

- His Holiness the Dalai Lama

Make an island for yourself! Work quickly! Be wise! With impurities all blown away, unblemished, you won't again undergo birth & aging.

- Dhammapada, 18, tranlsated by Thanissaro Bhikkhu

You've got to say, I think that if I keep working at this and want it badly enough I can have it. It's called perseverance.

- Lee Iacocca

Return to “Spirituality”