HINDU, MUSLIM AND HEALTH QUOTES

Spiritual mysticism for mystics and magical topics of any kind.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Pravin Kumar

HINDU, MUSLIM AND HEALTH QUOTES

Post by Pravin Kumar » Tue Nov 03, 2009 7:18 am

When one of you plants a tree, the fruits of which all creatures enjoy, let it be written as charity.

- The Prophet Muhammad (SAW), as reported by Anas bin Mali

It is the material of all things loose and set afloat that makes my sea.

- Herman Melville

The intense desire for God-realization is itself the way to it.

- Sri Anadamayi MM

Come, O lover! Come, let Me ease your suffering. Let Me be your friend; let Me improve your state. Come, O lover! Come, surrender yourself to Me that I may give you My life and make you rejoice once again.

- Rumi, "The Life and Thought of Rumi"

Know that there's enough room for everyone to be passionate, creative, and successful. In fact, there's more than room for everyone; there's a need for everyone.

- Marianne Williamson

If anyone asks why Rabi'a is ranked equal with men, we reply that Muhammad, the chief of prophets, said, "God does not judge you by your outward forms. It is not outward form that matters, but inner intention." Moreover, since we derive much of our religion from Muhammad's wife Aisha, then it is right to take spiritual inspiration from a woman. When a woman is on the path of God, it is not appropriate to define her by her womanhood.

- Attar, "Rabi'a"

If a man considers that he is born, he cannot avoid the fear of death. Let him find out if he has been born or if the Self has any birth. He will discover that the Self always exists, that the body that is born resolves itself into thought and that the emergence of thought is the root of all mischief. Find from where thoughts emerge. Then you will be able to abide in the ever-present inmost Self and be free from the idea of birth or the fear of death.

- Ramana Maharshi

Through humor, you can soften some of the worst blows that life delivers. And once you find laughter, no matter how painful your situation might be, you can survive it.

- Bill Cosby

An object has a reflection: When looking we see two images, yet there is only one thing. Likewise, this world is a reflection of the Supreme Lord. We may see two, yet only One exists

- Jnaneshwar

During sleep the spirit is set free. Behold how it rejoices in the place [of freedom]. The wicked is delivered from his wickedness; the prisoner escapes the sorrow of his confinement. The world appears wide, but in truth is very narrow. Its laughter lamentation, its glory shame.

- Rumi, "Mathnawi"

Our duty, as men and women, is to proceed as if limits to our ability did not exist. We are collaborators in creation.

- Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

When he is seen within us and without, He sets right all doubts and dispels the pain Of wrong actions committed in the past.

- Mundaka Upanishad

Do not treat people with contempt, nor walk insolently on the earth. Allah does not love the arrogant or the self-conceited boaster. Be modest in your bearing and subdue your voice, for the most unpleasant of voices is the braying of the ass.

- Luqman 31:18-19

Return to “Spirituality”