BUDDHIST WISDOM

Spiritual mysticism for mystics and magical topics of any kind.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Pravin Kumar

BUDDHIST WISDOM

Post by Pravin Kumar » Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:35 pm

It is easy for the good person to do good deeds, but for the evil one it is difficult to do good deeds. It is easy for the evil person to do bad deeds, but it is difficult for the good one to do bad deeds.

- Udana

Fools, their wisdom weak, are their own enemies as they go through life, doing evil that bears bitter fruit.

- Dhammapada, 66, translated by Thanissaro Bhikkhu

Develop the mind of equilibrium. You will always be getting praise and blame, but do not let either affect the poise of the mind: follow the calmness, the absence of pride.

- Sutta Nipata

He who has put away evil, who is humble, free from impurity, self restrained, versed in knowledge, leading a holy life, That man may be truly called a Brahmana. For him there are no desires anywhere in the world.

- Udana

What is the benefit of exerting mental effort the wrong way?

- Guon

In this world, in order to enable society to develop, all its members have to assume responsibilites and make their contribution. If we do not make collective contributions then there will be no development.

- His Holiness the Dalai Lama

Attentiveness is the path to true life; Indifference is the path to death. The attentive do not die; The indifferent are as if they are dead already.

- Dhammapada

FairyQueen

reply back

Post by FairyQueen » Sat Jun 19, 2010 6:24 am

Oops some amazing quotes and comments you have given . Thanks for them . As I am a writer I will use them in my writing. Don't worry I will mention the source for sure. Keep on posting something interesting like this.

Return to “Spirituality”