A millionaire & Three beggers (Mind blowing story)

Spiritual mysticism for mystics and magical topics of any kind.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

prasanna

A millionaire & Three beggers (Mind blowing story)

Post by prasanna » Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:23 pm

There was a good-natured millionaire in the town. Three beggars thought of approaching him for help. The first man went to the millionaire and said: "O Lord! I want five rupees. Please give me." The millionaire was taken aback at this man's impudence. "What! You demand five rupees from me as though I owe you the money! How dare you? How can I afford to give five rupees to a single beggar? Here, take these two rupees and get away," he said. The man went away with the two rupees.

The next beggar went to the millionaire and said: "Oh Lord! I have not taken a square meal for the past ten days. Please help me."
"How much do you want?" asked the millionaire.

"Whatever you give me, Maharaj," replied the beggar.
"Here, take this ten rupee note. You can have nice food for at least three days." The beggar walked away with the ten rupee note.

The third beggar came. "Oh Lord, I have heard about your noble qualities. Therefore, I have come to see you. Men of such charitable disposition are verily the manifestations of God on earth," he said.

"Please sit down," said the millionaire. "You appear to be tired. Please take this food," he said, and offered food to the beggar.
"Now please tell me what I can do for you."

"Oh Lord," replied the beggar; "I merely came to meet such a  noble personage that you are. You have given me this rich food already. What more need I get from you? You have already shown extraordinary kindness towards me. May God bless you!"

But the millionaire, struck by the beggar's spirit, begged of the beggar to remain with him, built a decent house for him in his own compound, and looked after him for the rest of his life.

God is like this good millionaire. Three classes of people approach Him, with three different desires and prayers. There is the greedy man full of vanity, full of arrogance, full of desires. He demands the objects of worldly enjoyment from God. Since this man, whatever be his vile desires, has had the good sense to approach God, He grants him some part of the desired objects (even these very soon pass away, just as the two rupees the first beggar got are spent before nightfall).

The other type of devotee prays to the Lord for relief from the sufferings of the world, but is better than the first one, in as much as he is ready to abide by His Will. To him the Lord grants full relief from suffering, and bestows on him much wealth and property.

The third type  he merely prays to the Lord: "O Lord, Thou art Existence-Absolute, Knowledge-Absolute, Bliss-Absolute, etc., etc." What does he want? Nothing. But the Lord is highly pleased with his spirit ofrenunciation, of desirelessness and of self-surrender. Therefore, He makes him eat His own food, i.e., He grants this man Supreme Devotion to Himself. Over and above this, He makes the devotee to live in His own House For ever afterwards this devotee dwells in the Lord's Abode as a Liberated Sage
prasanna

LEAD, KINDLY LIGHT. LOVE IS GOD, LOVE IS OCEAN, " Love Is Eternal. " LIVE TO LOVE TO LIVE.

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:47 pm

Only God knows what is best for his servants.
God bless, J

Subho

Post by Subho » Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:19 pm

The words 'millionaire' and 'beggar' just tickled the idea. Do we know any story of a millionaire beggar?
:)

unknown11

Post by unknown11 » Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:27 pm

the 1st begger asked for 5 rupees, who knows what problem he was facing! millionaire didn't asked ! maybe his mother was dying of some disease or anything could be possible and maybe the 1st begger thought that this rich man was a good person and would help him!
but millionaire didn't inquired abt his problem and instead shouted at him
"O Lord! I want five rupees. Please give me."
he could have politely said no i'll give you only 2 or 3 or something but he yelled at him!
"What! You demand five rupees from me as though I owe you the money! How dare you? How can I afford to give five rupees to a single beggar?
what was 5 ruppees for a millionaire? instead just because he was rich and had authority he mistreated the begger!
this is called causing pain mentally!
i personally think he was an a**hole
begger would have a painful life already! and by yelling at him he caused him more mental pain!

5 ruppes was nothing for a millionaire still he showed his ego and pride
he failed the test!
he had superiority complex also! which isnt bad if you don't hurt others feelings! but he did!

for 2nd begger said he has not eaten food for 3 days
he should have offered him food first then helped him get some work or anything so that the begger wont starve again
but instead he gave him 10 ruppees for 3 days food , what after than? he was a millionaire he could have offered him work so that he can sustain himself or something

but millionaire didn't think about others so much
he was doing all this because he was a little spiritual and knew that all these riches are because of his past deeds
he had a motive, he wasn't doing all this just to help others , he knew that he was helping himself

millionaire treated 3rd begger so kindly when he praised him
any idiot can go to this millionaire and praise him
who knows if the 3rd begger was lying or not?
someone praised him and he gave him home and everything for the rest of his life!
who knows if the 3rd begger was faking it or not
he made the begger lazy! just because he compared the millionaire with gods !
who knows if 3rd begger was capable enough to earn for himself or not and that resources that he wasted for the 3rd begger can be utilized for some other needy ones!
3rd begger feeded his ego and pride !

i don't understand how can you compare this millionaire with god! your story is flawed !

you can keep ringing bells in some temple or mosque or church your entire life ! praising god but god wont answer your prayers nor will help you
if you are not worthy
he doesn't needs your praise! deeds matter!

and millionaire was doing all this for himself in a way , he had ego problem , he was feeding his pride
and he was looking forward for a better life ahead or maybe heaven blah blah

peter238

Post by peter238 » Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:42 am

A Millionaire & 3 Beggars There was a good-natured millionaire in the town. Three beggars thought of approaching him for help.

=========
Peter

dharmankarma

Post by dharmankarma » Sat Dec 10, 2011 4:01 pm

Hmm. Nice read.

Return to “Spirituality”