BUDDHIST WISDOM

Spiritual mysticism for mystics and magical topics of any kind.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Pravin Kumar

BUDDHIST WISDOM

Post by Pravin Kumar » Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:52 pm

Those of superior faculties and great wisdom get the point right off the bat--guidance doesn't mean gum-beating and lip-flapping. Truly awakened people with clear eyes would just laugh. The great masters of India and China only met mind to mind--from the first, there was never any "mind" to attain. But if you make a rationale of mindlessness, that is the same as having a certain mentality.

- Ying-an

A layman who has chosen to practice this Dhamma should not indulge in the drinking of intoxicants. He should not drink them nor encourage others to do so, realizing that it leads to madness. Through intoxication foolish people perform evil deeds and cause other heedless people to do likewise. He should avoid intoxication, this occasion for demerit, which stupefies the mind, and is the pleasure of foolish people.

- Sutta Nipata

"How can I tell that you are an enlightened person?" asked Sela the brahman of the Buddha. "I know what should be known," answered the Buddha, "and what should be cultivated, I have cultivated. What should be abandoned, I have let go, In this way, O brahman, I am awake."

- Sutta Nipata

More Buddhism
For detailed palm reading and spiritual guidance Consult at: pravinjsoni97@hotmail.com

Return to “Spirituality”