BUDDHIST WISDOM

Spiritual mysticism for mystics and magical topics of any kind.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Pravin Kumar

BUDDHIST WISDOM

Post by Pravin Kumar » Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:35 am

Once you realize universal emptiness, all objects are spontaneously penetrated: integrating the world and beyond, it contains all states of being within. If you lose the essence, there is nothing after all; if you attain the function, there is spiritual effect. The genuine path of unminding is not a religion for the immature.

- Fen-yang

"There is something suspect about our inability to enjoy anything."

-Chogyam Trungpa Rinpoche, founder of the Shambhala Buddhist tradition.

Pioneer of contemporary Buddhism and meditation master, Trungpa Rinpoche was my parents' teacher and my teacher's parent (figure out that lineage tree). He had a way with one-liners, and his one-liners were deftly inserted into the walls of the Maze, a Buddhist-inspired installation and performance space created by Interdependence Project members Sam Hillmer and Laura Paris.

Have a great Sunday. Enjoy something!

A blessing in the world: reverence to your mother. A blessing: reverence to your father as well. A blessing in the world: reverence to a contemplative. A blessing: reverence for a brahmin, too. A blessing into old age is virtue. A blessing: conviction established. A blessing: discernment attained. The non-doing of evil things is a blessing.

- Dhammapada, 23, translated by Thanissaro Bhikkhu.

If you think, I breathe, the I is extra. There is no you to say I. What we call I is just a swinging door which moves when we inhale and when we exhale. It just moves; that is all. When your mind is pure and calm enough to follow this movement, there is nothing: no I, no world, no mind nor body; just a swinging door.

- Shunryu Suzuki, "Zen Mind, Beginner's Mind"

The one who beholds that which has become as become Passes beyond that becoming And is released from craving for sensation. In that which really is, he understands becoming. Free from longing for birth or death, He finds the true meaning of the end of becoming.

- Itivuttaka Sutta

If you concentrate, enter trance, and sit in meditation, focusing on an objective, setting your mind on awareness and contemplation, practicing the way like a mechanical mannequin, when will you ever arrive at the goal?

- Pao-chih
For detailed palm reading and spiritual guidance Consult at: pravinjsoni97@hotmail.com

Return to “Spirituality”