A voice "I was supposed to be a Pagan"

Spiritual mysticism for mystics and magical topics of any kind.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

MisterMarine0

A voice "I was supposed to be a Pagan"

Post by MisterMarine0 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:00 am

I heard I was supposed to be a "Pagan". I thought it was the witchcraft thing but there is a definition of : one who has little or no religion and who delights in sensual pleasures and material goods

rosesforthedead

Post by rosesforthedead » Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:16 am

I realize this is sort of an older post, but I'm wondering where you got that definition of paganism.  While I myself do not identify myself as a pagan, I have several acquaintances who do and from what I gather it's very spiritual and has a lot to do with nature.  It is not a dogmatic religion and doesn't necessarily involve witchcraft.  Paganism is like the general term, whereas Wicca would be like a subset of Paganism.  Does that make sense?  If Christianity is the general term that includes such religions as Episcopalian, Methodist, etc, Paganism is the general term that would include Wicca, etc.
"Humankind has not woven the web of life.
We are but one thread within it..."
- Chief Seattle

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Post by eye_of_tiger » Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:04 am

Roses,

Not that I agree with it please understand, but that particular definition which MisterMarine mentioned of what a pagan is is included on several different websites, including the following.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/pagan
one who has little or no religion and who delights in sensual pleasures and material goods : an irreligious or hedonistic person

And as is also the case with most of the information being constantly circulated throughout the web, it is almost impossible to determine its original source.

I prefer your definition, any time in front of that one.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paganism
Paganism is a broad group of indigenous and historical polytheistic religious traditions—primarily those of cultures known to the classical world. In a wider sense, it has also been understood to include any non-Abrahamic folk/ethnic religion.
In other words, it is a general term for a defined group of religions.

EoT  :)

Rohiniranjan

Re: A voice "I was supposed to be a Pagan"

Post by Rohiniranjan » Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:18 am

MisterMarine0 wrote:I heard I was supposed to be a "Pagan". I thought it was the witchcraft thing but there is a definition of : one who has little or no religion and who delights in sensual pleasures and material goods

I was born a pagan!
I did not know I was one, honestly, for nearly 30 years, until I landed in North America, and NOT to learn about religion! ;-)

But, I was prepared well by MA who sent me to a Christian school which did not teach or spread christian values! Just like that!

I still remember a day when we acolytes were basking in the few breaks back in those hard school times that we got (not complaining!) when we were going to get a musical break!

The blind banzo player showed up and began singing christian songs with Hallelujaah, etc! Immediately, Father Lanzen the German emigre, our principal stepped in and stopped him and asked the congregate (us?) very honestly that he was not aware that there would be christian songs only! The congregate, more focused on the afternoon off, immediately agreed for HUMANATARIAN REASONS that the blind gentleman continue!

Now there: TWO wisdoms were at work! Father Lanzen (he drove a light (not dark) green scooter) and the congregate (who wanted an afternoon off from their rather rigorous schedule at St. Paul!)

Since Father Lanzen and his retinue do not remain, I must share the simple fact that I have observed: When I visited the Sanchi Stupa where Buddha's ASTHI is claimed to have been buried, I felt nothing but a strange eerie feeling! When all grown up and visited Sarnath for a picnic with friends, I felt it more!

When I got called to Reiki, it all came together and proliferated, since then!

Your choice! When and if your choice presents or comes along!

Love and Light,

Rohiniranjan
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

Return to “Spirituality”