Chapter 7 Verse 18, Bhagvat Gita

Spiritual mysticism for mystics and magical topics of any kind.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Pravin Kumar

Chapter 7 Verse 18, Bhagvat Gita

Post by Pravin Kumar » Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:14 am

Chapter 7, Verse 18

“These four are all noble-minded,

But the wise I see as my very Self.

Calm, untroubled,

With devoted hearts,

They dwell in me,

And I am their path supreme.

Swami Shivananda:

“Krishna is saying in so many words, ‘Are not the three other kinds of devotees dear to me?  They are, but the wise are exceedingly dear, because they have steady minds.  They have fixed their minds exclusively on me.’”

Srila Prabhupada:

“In the Srimad Bhagavatam the Lord says, ‘The devotees are always in my heart, and I am in their hearts.  The devotees do not know anything beyond me, and I also cannot forget the devotees.  There is a very intimate relationship between me and the pure devotees.  Pure devotees with full knowledge are never out of spiritual touch, and therefore they are much dear to me.’ ”  (For Srila Prabhupada’s complete commentary on this verse, see “Bhagavad-Gita As It Is,” VII: 18)

Paramahansa Yogananda:

“Among the four types, the wise who act with supreme one-pointed devotion are closest to him.  Theirs is an unconditional love.  They love God without a selfish motive, without a businesslike arrangement, ‘I’ll pray to Thee, O Lord, provided you give me health, wealth, and grace.’

Between the wise and God there is a deeper exchange, that of fathomless love and affection.  Their devotion is spontaneous, without reservation, and offered in full faith that the loving creator takes care of every necessity.  The wise are content with whatever the Lord deems best to give, or withhold.

When devotees pray for divine communion, they are not to hope in the background of the mind for the bestowal of a favor.  The mind is not to be concentrated on gifts but solely on the giver.  When devotees can accomplish this, all the giver’s gifts are added unto them, as the Bible says, ‘Seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things shall be added unto you.’” (Matt. 6: 33)

Sri Krishna Prem:

“This glorious realization, as rare as it is wonderful, comes as the fruit of countless lives of effort.  Noble are all who tread the path, but noblest of all are the wise, for their realization leads them to unite themselves with the one Self in all.  Not their own selves, but the one Self is dear to them, and therefore they are supremely dear to Krishna.  Because they know that naught but Krishna is, they seek no gain but to serve him.  Like Krishna himself, they pour themselves forth in worship and love.”
For detailed palm reading and spiritual guidance Consult at: pravinjsoni97@hotmail.com

Return to “Spirituality”