my intent has no power

Spiritual mysticism for mystics and magical topics of any kind.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

samsr

my intent has no power

Post by samsr » Tue May 26, 2015 11:37 pm

I was just wondering, I love lighting candles, I always do it with a good intent. when it is for others, I can see it working right but when it is for me, it never works... why does it happen?

yes, I have self esteem and wish good things for myself, before someone make this suggestion.

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Post by eye_of_tiger » Wed May 27, 2015 12:34 am

Perhaps it is working for you, but in a way that you are not expecting, and therefore you are not recognising it as the help which you were praying for.

Intent without planned and deliberate action on your part in order to bring about the changes which you need to make in your life for these things to happen, definitely has no power in itself.

Are you surprised to discover this, or did you just forget?

The answers to our prayers are often what we most need at that particular moment in our life, and not what we may think that we want.

If you only keep watching out for the things you want to materialise, you could easily miss the things which you need, which have already been delivered to you.

EoT

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Wed May 27, 2015 2:18 am

It may not work for everyone, but I have observed in many that there seems to be an AUTO-regulating mechanism which protects folks (even accomplished spiritual people including psychics and other divinators) from feeling too powerful or too self-serving. They still continue to be accurate and effective for others but not so effective for themselves in self-divinations etc. Particularly for relatively trivial reasons or goals.

I notice folks who keep asking for readings on forums, presumably earnestly, and instead of an important question or problem, it becomes a series of things they need or even want. If they are trying to piece together a whole-life reading, a question at a time -- too frequently, then *something* steps in and foils the process.

From that perspective, the policy here to not encourage folks to seek readings too frequently is a wise one. It is also fair for not one requestor to get a lion's share of the reader's time. :-)
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

samsr

Post by samsr » Wed May 27, 2015 11:51 pm

I dont think lighting a candle with the purpose of lighting your way is trivial...

dear EoT, my intent is hardly for material things, even though I believe asking for it is not wrong, since we live in a material world and we need material things to prosper, be useful to people and all that stuff. I do ask for chances or opportunities, among other things, but I hardly see any results.

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Thu May 28, 2015 3:25 am

Samsr,

I was adding a general comment, based on observations about divinatory situations and not specifically with you in mind!

Triviality comes not from the modality used, be it lighting candles, incense, crystals etc., but for the 'intention' which motivates one to utilize the modality.

Certainly if one is sure of negative energies and states within or around oneself, then it cannot be considered trivial, particularly if the concern is serious and intention is sincere. :-)

May the light of inner Sun guide you and purify!

Rohiniranjan
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

Return to “Spirituality”