Question about animal totems or animal spirit guides

Spiritual mysticism for mystics and magical topics of any kind.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

MysticalParadox

Question about animal totems or animal spirit guides

Post by MysticalParadox » Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:30 pm

Hello,

I had a wonderful experience today. I listened to a hypnosis video to find my animal totem and a few things have not stopped bugging my mind since.

First of all I was told to see a river. Then for over the river (at this point I saw a stag look at me and leap across into the fog. I thought that must have been it.

Then the fog cleared to reveal a small bridge over the river. I was told to take my time crossing it one step at a time. Then the fog surrounded me. As it  slowly cleared I was told to step to the other side of the river and wait for my animal guide to show itself (I saw the Stag at a glimpse peaking at me from behind a tree).

But when I looked up from my foot as i stepped onto the bank there was nothing...just an empty forest.

I waited a while and was starting to feel sad that the stag gone when a beautiful large floppy eared chinchilla bunny calmly came hopping up to my feet from behind a tree.
I was surprised at this as a floppy eared bunny is not something you hear of when people speak of spirit guides. But I picked her up and cuddled her gently.

I felt sooo happy!! I noticed my cheeks were wet. I was crying!! (still in hypnosis but tears were real).

Now after looking it up I see rabbits can be spirit guides but never saw a floppy eared chinchilla one with the softest dense coat? There must be meaning in these details..oddly enough I never saw her eyes? Cant recall a colour or nothing. What do you think?

I believe the stag I saw may have been a expectation on my part but to be honest I've never imagined it as my animal spirit always thought it would be a wolf or eagle..so this puzzles me too.. but the animal totem was said to come to you on the other side of the river, not before. Is there a warning being given to me here in a symbol of a stag? I dont know.

Sorry its so long, I dident want to leave out any details.

Love and Light
MP
Eternally lost, wandering, looking for something. Just don't know what. I'm in a MysticalParadox.

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

An Easter chinchilla bunny?

Post by eye_of_tiger » Thu Mar 31, 2016 10:11 pm

Dear MP,

I wonder whether it being so close to Easter might have caused your subconscious to produce the chinchilla bunny on demand, while you were in an altered state of consciousness.

Although I have heard before of spirit guides or animal totems appearing in an unexpected disguise either to shock us out of having preconceived ideas about what a spirit guide should look like, or alternately to become too obsessed with their name if they were instead in a human form.

This was more a guided meditation rather than self hypnosis. Much of the imagery was set up for you to feel comfortable enough to want to meet your animal guide, and what could be more comfortable and lovable and cute than a fluffy tailed chinchilla bunny?

I also doubt whether the chinchilla bunny is the real form of your animal guide, but persevere with that image for now, until your animal guide feels that you are ready for the truth. You are right in believing that some people's animal guides are rabbits, but you are also right in suspecting that your animal guide is something other than a bunny. IMHO

Regards,

EoT  :smt002

MysticalParadox

Post by MysticalParadox » Fri Apr 01, 2016 7:22 pm

Thank You for your response, once again by reading your reply answers came into my mind that I deeply feel are correct (and this may or may not be what you meant).

I dont really pay attention to holidays apart from be with my family at Xmas but that is not to say that subconsciously it wasn't in my mind.

But it suddenly makes perfect sence in a way that it even tho she wasnt in her true form dont mean she isnt my animal guide. Perhaps she was coming to me in the form that would aid me the most at that time. As you said a fence coated big floppy eared bunny is the most comforting and calming creature to cuddle!! (hence the tears and joy).

Ive been battling with the thought of why I dont recall seeing her eyes. Its like she had none but this didnt seem odd at the time, and many others comment first on the color of their animals eyes in some detail.
My fiancée reminded me of a time years ago that I saw a dark grey cat sat on our living room window. She looked at me and I was disturbed to see she had no eyes! Just a slight dip where they should of been...then she jumped out of the window.

So this is my conclusion...

This was my animal guide but not in her true form. I feel that because of not being able to see her eyes (as they say, the eyes are the windows to the soul) When I see her with eyes that will be her true form.

Also I found the buck interesting. So I read up on it a bit here are a few quotes that intrigued me ''As an Earth creature, the Stag helps keep you grounded. The Spirit of Stag provides protection and lets you explore new dimensions without fear of losing your sense of Self. "

"It can warn of illusions or deception. The Stag can also portend a difficult or solitary journey; or, a spiritual awakening. This animal spirit asks you to trust your intuition and avoid over thinking. A path that is hazy will soon become clear."

It's interesting that he appeared when my vision of my surroundings was clear and he walked into view,stopped and looked at me then leaped through the mist to the other side of the river where I was to meet my animal spirit. and when I got to that side I saw him peaking from behind some trees looking at me as if to see that I made it ok..then he was gone.. and then a few moments later my bunny turned up.

Was it keeping me protected while I explore and the also warning of illusion (my spirit animal not being in her true form?)

I may well be over thinking it LOL, But this is just so darn fascinating!!

Love & Light
MP
Eternally lost, wandering, looking for something. Just don't know what. I'm in a MysticalParadox.

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Post by eye_of_tiger » Sat Apr 02, 2016 12:02 am

So this is my conclusion...

This was my animal guide but not in her true form. I feel that because of not being able to see her eyes (as they say, the eyes are the windows to the soul) When I see her with eyes that will be her true form.

Also I found the buck interesting. So I read up on it a bit here are a few quotes that intrigued me ''As an Earth creature, the Stag helps keep you grounded. The Spirit of Stag provides protection and lets you explore new dimensions without fear of losing your sense of Self. "

"It can warn of illusions or deception. The Stag can also portend a difficult or solitary journey; or, a spiritual awakening. This animal spirit asks you to trust your intuition and avoid over thinking. A path that is hazy will soon become clear."

It's interesting that he appeared when my vision of my surroundings was clear and he walked into view,stopped and looked at me then leaped through the mist to the other side of the river where I was to meet my animal spirit. and when I got to that side I saw him peaking from behind some trees looking at me as if to see that I made it ok..then he was gone.. and then a few moments later my bunny turned up.

Was it keeping me protected while I explore and the also warning of illusion (my spirit animal not being in her true form?)
Dearest MP,

Based upon the information which you have provided us with so far I feel that your conclusions are entirely valid, reasonable and that they are NOT  the result of you overthinking.

We are always meant to be trying our best to interpret the meaning of each inner experience TO US (the same experience could have a very different meaning to someone else) because its meaning and the messages contained within it are written in the almost unique language of our unconscious mind.  

An intense inner experience such as this one was which is not explored for its possible meanings, messages and lessons for us and for our life from now on, is like a book which has never been opened.

Of course it is quite possible that if you were to over examine and over analyze every little trivial detail of your experience ad infinitum, that the intended meaning and purpose of you having had it could get easily lost along the way, but you are nowhere near to running the risk of doing this yet, in my opinion.

I also find exploring inner experiences (other people's or my own) fascinating. This was one of the main reasons why I first became an online dream interpreter, then later a reader.

I believe that by me helping other people to be more comfortable with and to better understand their own inner experiences, and assisting them to extract the important meanings and messages and life lessons contained from within them, that I can at least in some small way help them to have a happier, healthier and more successful life (according to exactly what meaning that individual associates with the words "happier", "healthier" and "more successful").

L&L,

EoT  :smt006

Return to “Spirituality”