Rune Readings

All Runes Readings requests to be posted here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

MoonGoddess

Rune Readings

Post by MoonGoddess » Wed Apr 04, 2007 12:11 pm

Here goes nothing, I have been reading Runes for about over ten years now, but have had a bit of break.  So now my busy life has slowed down and I have time, if any one would want a Rune reading please do not hesitate to ask for one here.

I have only read face to face so any one who has done any readings online please instruction on how to do this would be helpful.

So to repeat myself, if you want me to read your runes all you have to do is ask me.  :smt006
May the Goddess enlighten you all, Blessed Be!

starryskies

Post by starryskies » Wed Apr 04, 2007 12:37 pm

Hi Moongoddess - I would love a rune reading!! What details do you need to know about me first?

Gem

Post by Gem » Wed Apr 04, 2007 2:32 pm

Ok, I do readings online....all kinds... <gg> bet you guessed that though.

The main difference from online and in person is that there is only you to handle and pick the runes. What I do is, cleanse and centre myself, and most importantly clear a space infront of the pc so that I can fit some runes along there <gg> then for chatroom or im readings I ask the querent to focus on me and their question and the runes, I describe the set I'm using, what they look like, how they feel and perhaps send a pic if I have one. This brings the querent into focus and lets them feel part of the reading. &nbsp;I then lay the runes face down and slowly run my hand over them and ask the querent to choose and say stop, this is the rune they have picked, carry this on for all of them. &nbsp;or you can ask them to choose numbers between 0 and 24 , 1 to 25 etc or however you number your runes and pick them that way.

For forum readings I centre myself and focus on the querents post, the request they have made and then link in. People do this is many ways, and we can go into this deeper if you like, or Earl will most probably in his classes later :) &nbsp;Then I draw my runes and lay them and then type up the reading.

Its not hard, try and see. Starry is ready and waiting :) &nbsp;And if you want I will be next xxx

starryskies

Post by starryskies » Wed Apr 04, 2007 3:08 pm

I do absent tarot readings. I like to have a photo of the querent and meditate on their energies. When I feel ready I shuffle the cards (similar principle I suppose although shuffling runes requires a different shuffle!!) I have better success with absent ones than in-the-flesh ones strangely enough! Sometimes I burn a candle and when it flickers wildly to the left I stop shuffling. Other times I just naturally sense when to stop.

Gem

Post by Gem » Wed Apr 04, 2007 4:55 pm

Forgot to mention that if you use a cascade or target cloth to thro the runes on then you can do the same choose then thro or drop and read that way :)

Love the candle flickering idea :)

MoonGoddess

Something to work on

Post by MoonGoddess » Thu Apr 05, 2007 2:50 am

Sure Starryskies I will do you a reading, I don't need any information at all. &nbsp;If you don't mind I would like to experiment with you with some of the suggestions Gem has come up with. &nbsp;I think I will try your idea with the candle first. &nbsp;I will let you know when I do them as I have a lot of busy days up ahead of me due to Easter and the Relatives wanting catch up but after that I should be right, probably next week if you don't mind waiting that long.

Well time to clean my house as the little man is in Day care to day.

starryskies

Post by starryskies » Thu Apr 05, 2007 8:37 am

The candle thing just came to me one day. I was doing my first ever Ebay tarot reading for someone. I lit a white candle and began shuffling, wondering when to stop, when the flame just veered violently to the left for no reason. I asked (in my head) if that was a sign I should shop shuffling and lay out the cards and it did it again. I usually use the method now but sometimes, like I said, I just get a "slowing down" feeling then a "stop shuffling, the cards are good to lay now" type feeling and go with that. Sometimes I shuffle on and on, other times just a minute or so feels right.

Looking forward to my rune spread!!!

Gem

Post by Gem » Thu Apr 05, 2007 11:39 am

The other difference between giving readings online in forums etc and an in person reading is of course there is no dialogue, noone answers your questions or offers inofrmation or talks about the question or coughs or glares or anything, its almost peaceful in that respect but definately can be a challenge when a reading is so one sided so to speak. We have to ensure that the readings we give empower the querent and that we don't fall into the trap of declaring this will happen or that etc, ultimately the power must stay with the querent and not be used by us to dictate events.

starryskies

Post by starryskies » Thu Apr 05, 2007 11:53 am

Yes I agree wholeheartedly with that.

flight _of_angelwings

Moongoddess

Post by flight _of_angelwings » Thu Apr 05, 2007 11:54 am

I find not having the persons energy their aura near me is so much harder when doing internet readings. &nbsp;So I need their name or nickname something personal to them. &nbsp;Also if the person really needs a reading for their own development and growth and they will use the information to their best ability I also find it easier to connect. &nbsp;not to say that if they didnt care I couldnt tap in but the link is stronger when stronger emotions are in play. &nbsp;Sometimes though I dont need a name at all just reading the way they write something is enough for the info to come through. &nbsp;If I couldnt pick and choose on here though what ones to do it would get harder but I let the readings choose themselves, if nothing comes through whilst reading then I move on and read it again a few days later if something comes through then I type if not then its just not mine or their time for a reading.

I'd be happy if you wanted to have a second go on me after starryskies....I can link into you also if you would like a psychic reading? &nbsp;Only if you wanted of course. &nbsp;I dont myself ask for readings etc only ever had one in my whole life as I'm happy reading little ol me but woud be honoured for you to practise on me......I like your energy so you coming into mine would be n problem.

I really must get off my but and check out the runes

MoonGoddess

My Runes

Post by MoonGoddess » Thu Apr 05, 2007 12:07 pm

After reading all your posts today I got my runes out from under my pillow where they have been since I joined this forum and held them in my left hand in their pouch. &nbsp;I was staring at starryskies post, and you should have felt the energy eminating from them, I would have done a reading then and there but my fiance came home just then and the feeling went away.

So over the next week if all three of you feel like some one is concentrating on you it is just me practicing or figuring out how I am going to do these readings. :smt002

flight _of_angelwings

Post by flight _of_angelwings » Thu Apr 05, 2007 12:09 pm

Ok if I feel like my aura is being played with then I'll give you permission to enter....lol.....but only you!...hehe

I get like that I'll have a feeling and can do a great reading or write a great chapter and then hubby comes in and I get distracted......actually he's due home any minute now and when he gets in I'll have to run over to the lounge and pretend I havent been on here for the last hour....haha

starryskies

Post by starryskies » Thu Apr 05, 2007 1:06 pm

MoonGoddess wrote: Mmm Starryskies, just did a practice with you will send you a PM with the interpretation when I do it, want to get it right before I confuse you with mumbo jumbo.
Ooh sounds good!!

Return to “Runes Reading Forum”