Your Tarot Personality

For Tarot discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

spygrrl007

Going farther with the personality profile.......

Post by spygrrl007 » Wed Sep 03, 2008 2:13 pm

My personality card is:  8.....Strength
Soul Card is also 8.....

My Destiny Card is 11.... Justice

Can anyone tell me how to calculate your destiny card??? I used the free software to get these numbers- but I'm not sure how to calculate the Destiny or Numerological cards for... Wands...Swords...Cups and Pentacles

Also- Your Zodiac Lessons Cards????

Thank you in advance!

-spy

bellevalentine

Post by bellevalentine » Thu Sep 25, 2008 1:45 am

ok so 6+8+1+9+7 =31 and 3+1=4 and 4 is The Emperor correct?
so use the numerology method to find this.. Thanks very cool!

pirbid

Post by pirbid » Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:21 am

:) This is a very interesting thread to recover. I specially appreciated the sun sign correspondences, which I did not know about.

Let's see... my personality number, according to Gem's method would be a 6, so I must be making tough decisions galore most of the time. I have noticed that Lovers abound in this thread, while other Majors are hardly represented. Do some numbers tend to come up more often than others?

Then my sun sign would be Temperance, for Sagittarius. If you ask me, the sun card in my case must denote that feature which I lack the most or which I need to incorporate badly to my life: the lesson I am here to learn, maybe? Even though I know it means moderation, balance, thoughtfulness and the like, I was surprised I hardly found any meanings posted for this card in the Rider thread. Why would this be?

I am a bit puzzled with the method for using all 78 cards, though: how come 78 is the ten of Pentacles? I must have misunderstood somewhere. I understand you begin each suit with the King -down to the Ace, I suppose?- and put them in order beginning with Wands, then Cups, then Swords and finally Pentacles. Anyway, having been born november 25th 1968, that would make me a 4 of Wands, which I certainly love, since the fiery Wands match my astrological sign, and the celebrating and triumphant nature of this 4 reminds me of the way I have felt with my life in general for some years now -and I hope for a long time to come- :smt109

I would like to know how others feel about their own numbers, since I have seen some Hermits feeling unsure about the niceness of their card. Then others get quite challenging ones, like The Devil or the Tower. Come on, let's hear how you deal with those natures  :smt002

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Thu Nov 20, 2008 4:53 pm

pirbid wrote::)
I am a bit puzzled with the method for using all 78 cards, though: how come 78 is the ten of Pentacles? I must have misunderstood somewhere. I understand you begin each suit with the King -down to the Ace, I suppose?- and put them in order beginning with Wands, then Cups, then Swords and finally Pentacles. Anyway, having been born november 25th 1968, that would make me a 4 of Wands, which I certainly love, since the fiery Wands match my astrological sign, and the celebrating and triumphant nature of this 4 reminds me of the way I have felt with my life in general for some years now -and I hope for a long time to come- :smt109

I would like to know how others feel about their own numbers, since I have seen some Hermits feeling unsure about the niceness of their card. Then others get quite challenging ones, like The Devil or the Tower. Come on, let's hear how you deal with those natures  :smt002
Pirbid, Hmmm..... I am sure I would count from the King dowwards to the Ace. Quite the opposite I thought..... from Ace upwards to the King I have come to learn..
May be you should re-count and see what it brings?

My Personality card is 8 = Strenght and my Sun sign is The Chariot.

I have been told I am strong, got a strong this and that and never believed that I was a strong personality... but of late, I have come to realise - as I have aged - that, Yes, I match this card and that I should be proud of it too. As for the Sun sign, The Chariot, I can relate to that too, although in some ways it goes sort of parellel-ish to the Strenght - but more of the action-oriented rather than the silent power.

Yeah... I am happy with both of them.

Rhutobello

Post by Rhutobello » Thu Nov 20, 2008 5:44 pm

pirbid wrote::)

I am a bit puzzled with the method for using all 78 cards, though: how come 78 is the ten of Pentacles?
Since you first have the major arcana, with their numbers, and then the court card with their numbers.....you will always end up with 10 as the highest card of the rest, and as such end up with it as last card.

To have the ace highest here, would need it to have the number 11, which goes to court card "Page"

The cards start on two, and then it will be natural to have the Ace as 1.

This will also be somehow equal to major arcana where our "fool" has the lowest number, but still be loved if used right :) :)

Just my thoughts though :)

pirbid

Post by pirbid » Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:30 pm

drrnwynbchnbrgr wrote:In the book  Numerology and the divine triangle   all 78 cards are used in representing   numbers   example  22/4 the fool  .......23/5 we start with king of wands   ....37/1  gives us  king of cups ........51/6 king of swords   than cups  78/6 being ten of pentacles    .beyond 78 we than should reduce .example number 88/19  94/13   It gives reference under each card :  personal number vibration ,temporary vibration ,the tarot card meaning for that number ,astrological  correspondence .

Interesting that i looked at this post when i did  .i just bought a copy of the book within the last two weeks  .adds great insight in the study of numerology  .i also checked out  from the local library  The numerology workbook " understanding and using the power of numbers .it also gives refer to the tarot and also to astrology . by julia line .both add great insight when working and studying the powerful vibrations of numbers .
Sorry, folks, I should have quoted this first, so you all knew where I was coming from. Reading the above, I thought the suits were meant to go down from King to Ace, but I believe Rhutobello has hit the nail on the head: First the court cards from King to Page, then from Ace to ten of each suit. If you read the above, does this make sense? Because both of you seem to suggest to just count from Ace to King and then card 78 would be the King of Pentacles and not the ten  :smt017

So I will temporarily take this conclusion as a working hypothesis and see what I get. Of course, the 4 was too good to be true for a whole life, I suppose, but I must confess the 7 of Wands is much better at summing up my outlook on life: too confrontational for my own good, mostly. As a friend says, I never shy from a fight even if I know I can get severely hurt. Must be stupid pride, stubbornness or something. Oh, dear, just looking at the card I can learn so much about myself that it makes me want to laugh out loud :smt005 I always fight for what I believe is right... even if it does not concern me in the least! Am I daft or what? Still, us Wandy people are like that, I guess. :smt005

Cedars, I believe your cards complement each other very nicely and give a clear picture of someone very much in control of her emotions, actions and the practical side of life. Of course you are strong, but you come across as quite gentle, just as the Strentgh suggests: no good trying to get things by brute force, like I seem to do all the time :smt012

How about you, Rhuto? Did you work out your personal cards?

Any others?  :)

Rhutobello

Post by Rhutobello » Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:40 pm

[quote="pirbid
How about you, Rhuto? Did you work out your personal cards?
[/quote]

Well, after a heavy calculation, where my PC almost broke down, I ended up with card 6.

Did that card sound familiar? ....hummmm no wonder they put me up as admin, if I need to take though decision all the time:)
huuuuummmm or..maybe there has got an inflation in card number 6, or what about; we are put here to learn to make decisions :)

pirbid

Post by pirbid » Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:13 pm

:) Jeez, so we share the Lovers personality card. As I said, Lovers seem to abound in this forum: aren't we lucky?

That is, one of the toughest decisions we have to make in life is that of choosing the ideal partner. Luckily enough, most of us have had that problem solved for a while, now -except for our youngest members, maybe-.

But, yes, I am sure as the forum admin you have your nice share of tough decisions to make, Rhuto. Let me tell you: I envy you not in the least, but I am grateful for your presence and your hard work.

Rhutobello

Post by Rhutobello » Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:19 pm

Thx for kind words.....but I think we are very lucky to have the lovers...Difficult decisions are one far out on the lisit...we can enjoy life with good a heart  :)

Some frequent keywords used by tarot readers are:
Love relationship ----- Union ----- Passion ----- Sexuality
Pleasure ----- Humanism ----- Desire ----- Personal beliefs
Individual values ----- Physical attraction ----- Connection
Affinity ----- Bonding ----- Romance ----- Heart

Following the Marseille Tradition, also there are:

Choice ----- Doubt ----- Difficult decision ----- Dilemma ----- Temptation

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:33 pm

These are two aspects of the Lovers card.

We all love the bits that say:  Love relationship ----- Union ----- Passion ----- Sexuality
Pleasure ----- Humanism ----- Desire ----- Personal beliefs
Individual values ----- Physical attraction ----- Connection
Affinity ----- Bonding ----- Romance ----- Heart

But it also puts a burden on us when it comes to: Choice ----- Doubt ----- Difficult decision ----- Dilemma ----- Temptation.

But, ce'st la vie! Damn, no one said Love was an easy thing. :smt002  :smt002

Return to “Tarot”