Lesson 3, Tutorial, THE MOONS NODES and KARMA

This is a forum just for our teacher to post the learning material. Any post from students will be moved.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

soulsearch

Re: Getting started...

Post by soulsearch » Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:39 am

RoseRed wrote: My North Node is Taurus
My South Node is Scorpio
Hence the psy shift I need to achieve evolutionary growth within this lifetime includes Taurus and Venus.
The experiences I need to experience to access this new awareness is found within the 2nd House.
Taurus and Scorpio are in the 1st - 7 house so would be balance be brought about with Taurus/scorpio and the first and seventh houses???? :smt017

soulsearch

Post by soulsearch » Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:32 am

Okay Rosered..I am going to paste this for Youdah's guidance. ( hope its okay)
Okay here goes : My first Guinea pig !lol

Ascendent :Scorpio
Moon Sign: Virgo in 11th house
Sun in Leo : 10th house

You are a highly emotional person and along with that you are pretty upfront and dynamic. Says it as it is....

You are a determined individual ( scorpio and Leo) and is very passionate and energetic in things that you undertake ...generally a go getter ( high Fire element). However the earth element is low and makes you impractical in certain areas especially where emotional matters come along ( Virgo moon) So when your emotions are involved makes you actually think and be adaptable ( mutable sign) which causes you stress as you are basically a sentimental person ( high water and scorpio ascendent)

As of today :

You have made a lot of change in your personality. Your spiritual journey has transformed you ( moon in 8th in Pisces). This you have done by turning inward ( retrograde Jupiter) and Saggitarius rising . Moon hard aspect Neptune . So the areas that help you grow or provide you energy are related to Neptune ( shows your interest in esoteric subjects= hence Crystals.

You have become practical with this change but still your ideas need to be more adaptive.

In your natal chart North node is at cusp on Ascendent and south node is at the 7th house. Introvert ( south node in the first in scorpio)withdrawn/secretive/ mysterious/profound/contemplative to the other end of  North node in taurus in 7th house - Steady loyal.realistic,freindly.
Do you identify with one and project other? DO the people you meet are the ones that represent the one of the above  charateristic.

You do know that you are a passionate and loyal person so it doesnt matter what others think  you just need to open up and realise that and meet lots of people without getting too emotional about them.Do you actually get emotional and attached to people very fast???( just a thought)

Does it make sense????
Thanks Rosered for letting me make some guesses !!LOL

RoseRed

Re: Getting started...

Post by RoseRed » Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:06 am

soulsearch wrote:
RoseRed wrote: My North Node is Taurus
My South Node is Scorpio
Hence the psy shift I need to achieve evolutionary growth within this lifetime includes Taurus and Venus.
The experiences I need to experience to access this new awareness is found within the 2nd House.
Taurus and Scorpio are in the 1st - 7 house so would be balance be brought about with Taurus/scorpio and the first and seventh houses???? :smt017
This is also confused me quite abit, as if one looks at my Natal chart North Node is Taurus and the 7th House, and South Node is Scorpio and the 1st House.
But if one looks at the House Chart that Youda did then by default Taurus is the 2nd House and Scorpio is the 8th House.
I decided to go with the default....but not sure at all... :smt017
To Err, Human
To Forgive, Divine

RoseRed

Post by RoseRed » Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:43 am

soulsearch wrote:Okay Rosered..I am going to paste this for Youdah's guidance. ( hope its okay)
Okay here goes : My first Guinea pig !lol

Ascendent :Scorpio
Moon Sign: Virgo in 11th house
Sun in Leo : 10th house

You are a highly emotional person and along with that you are pretty upfront and dynamic. Says it as it is....

You are a determined individual ( scorpio and Leo) and is very passionate and energetic in things that you undertake ...generally a go getter ( high Fire element). However the earth element is low and makes you impractical in certain areas especially where emotional matters come along ( Virgo moon) So when your emotions are involved makes you actually think and be adaptable ( mutable sign) which causes you stress as you are basically a sentimental person ( high water and scorpio ascendent)

As of today :

You have made a lot of change in your personality. Your spiritual journey has transformed you ( moon in 8th in Pisces). This you have done by turning inward ( retrograde Jupiter) and Saggitarius rising . Moon hard aspect Neptune . So the areas that help you grow or provide you energy are related to Neptune ( shows your interest in esoteric subjects= hence Crystals.

You have become practical with this change but still your ideas need to be more adaptive.

In your natal chart North node is at cusp on Ascendent and south node is at the 7th house. Introvert ( south node in the first in scorpio)withdrawn/secretive/ mysterious/profound/contemplative to the other end of  North node in taurus in 7th house - Steady loyal.realistic,freindly.
Do you identify with one and project other? DO the people you meet are the ones that represent the one of the above  charateristic.

You do know that you are a passionate and loyal person so it doesnt matter what others think  you just need to open up and realise that and meet lots of people without getting too emotional about them.Do you actually get emotional and attached to people very fast???( just a thought)

Does it make sense????
Thanks Rosered for letting me make some guesses !!LOL
squeak squeak! heehee
Soulsearch....do you know me????
BAH HA HA HA HA HAAA HA!! :smt005
That is exactly how my heart gets fried each and every single time. I dive full on into all relationships and give it my all - I support I am there for them I carry them when they cannot carry themselves. I am able to have difficult conversations with them about all sorts of emotions even if its a convo about whether we should separate or not (I might be dying on the inside but I stay strong), cause if I think it will benefit the other person then I will put myself as second and allow the person to go through the process.
I come across as nah nothing gets to me I'm so hardcore bla bla bla but wooha I'm little romantic on the inside. I like being treated like a princess.
Usually this will go on for some time - me not listening to my needs and only listening to theirs but then damn - the damn breaks the volcano blows and then I'm brutally honest and lay all the cards on the table.

This has gotten better over the years and won't let myself get pushed like that anymore - my mom is always so astounded as she says I won't budge on any family issues and am so strong but then when a man walks on into my life then I let them walk all over me!
I can't understand it and neither can my friends or family.

You are completely on the button, nail on the head about that my spiritual journey has changed me and it was only through turning inwards that I actually started my journey. That has been the key to my spiritual growth.
I never knew what on Earth was going on within me - I even still have to do a check and go "Okay how are you really feeling at this moment?" As I can push my feelings aside very easily and be non the wiser about it. I will then do a reiki treatment on myself and find that I cannot breathe as my heart chakra feels like it has this thick metal rod pushing and twisting down, boring down into me. I feel it right through to my back. I am always gobsmacked when that happens as I'm like how in God's name did I not feel/notice that before??
And it is def true that the study of esoteric subjects has lead me to grow and adapt spiritually.

"You have become practical with this change but still your ideas need to be more adaptive. " Something I was actually thinking about last night. Kewl.

Oh jees...I identify with both. I'm a complete mixture of the both. Sometimes the one will rear its head more so than the other and I think that depends on the circumstances or situation. When I was young I was introvert, when I was in my early teens and middle teens I was the other and then once I started my spiritual journey/ became more mature, I became both. I would def say that I am both now and thats why I always feel like I'm a walking contradiction. :)

Yet I don't meet many introvert ppl. Mostly happy vibey ppl that like to party. Except in the case of my recent break up. This guy was the most insane introvert that I have EVER come across, I basically had to talk for him as he wasn't able to express his emotions or feelings, so I would be like "Do you feel like this?" Answer, "Okay from there, would you say you feel like this/or think this?" etc
Drawing blood from a stone I tell you. Difficult. Very difficult. But there was just something about him that I still cannot place my finger on.
And it taught me patience.

Is this an indication of the fact that I am living out the qualities symbolised by the opposite Node? Like I am living the North Node and not giving enough attention to the South Node?? Thats why it manifested into my life?

"you just need to open up and realise that and meet lots of people without getting too emotional about them.Do you actually get emotional and attached to people very fast???"
This is something that I am actually trying to get my head around, as I just feel that one should give your all at all times, but I really got stubbed in this last relationship and my Heart feels tired. I don't think I can take another knock for some time. Yet I say that and then I always end up in another relationship.
I have not got many girl friends, that is a big tragedy in my life. It just hasn't happened. And its something that I miss without ever having it. So I can only relate this to past relationships.
I do have girl 'friends' they are just def not close friends, nice weather friends.
The only closerish friends I have are with guys. So no female input at all.
You see I care for ppl really quickly, I have a major general concern for ppl and I get disappointed when they fall short of the mark/ when they do not tow the line. As I am putting my all into all relationships and I feel shunted when I find out that they are not doing the same. Hence get hurt.
But I am learning detachment and I have always had a huge strength and resilience to me.
These things only bother me when I'm feeling a little low.

WhooHoo soulsearch!! Wonderful!  :smt008
To Err, Human
To Forgive, Divine

soulsearch

Post by soulsearch » Sun Nov 30, 2008 6:33 am

Thanks Rosered for your response. Just trying to put the astro-logic sense in your response. KWIM LOL...cya !

RoseRed

Post by RoseRed » Sun Nov 30, 2008 4:17 pm

no probs soulsearch! Thats actually what I'm interested in too...so I can see how the astro stuff fits in to the real emotions and feelings stuff.
Would actually love for Youdah to do a reading for us on this 'hidden' side to us...:) poke poke ...heehee
To Err, Human
To Forgive, Divine

Naomiel

Post by Naomiel » Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:30 am

Hey Youdah,
Do Moon Nodes have a lot to do with compatability between couples?..... I've just noticed that my moon nodes being North Node Aries and South node Libra are exactly opposite to my husbands nodes (North node Libra and south node Aries)....... Is this a coincidence that I was attracted to an opposite ? I just read those notes yesterday
 At least thats based on the time he was supposedly born?..... After playing with the whatwatch I noticed that nodes are there even when you dont have a birth time!
 Which makes me wonder what the difference in a birth chart is when you dont have the time of birth????

astrologer50

Post by astrologer50 » Sun Dec 14, 2008 2:17 pm

In MY opinion none of you should be studying this topic at such an early phase of learning, cos its more to do with Synastry and Karma which are very complex topics and need a lot of basics in place First!!!...

Karma (North Node) are the Lessons which you have chosen to come to learn this time around, by sign and house position.

In synastry, if Asc, Sun or moon conjunct either Node this is a karmic/important relationships (doesn't mean, pleasant or soul mate though!) just Important.....

:smt004

oriel

Post by oriel » Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:52 am

what if my north node is on retrograde,what does it mean?

*edited*so I googled north nodes are usually in retrogrades? I'm sorry I'm still trying to learn this..

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:49 am

True nodes are predominantly retrograde, mean nodes (some astros use those too) are always retrograde. Nodes being an 'axis' more than discrete astro-factors (like planets etc) both 'wheels' on the cosmic axle move in a yoked manner, in perfect synchrony!

Love and Light,

Rohiniranjan

Return to “Western Astrology Class Lessons and Tutorials”