online?

Similar to the material in the Mediumship - Questions and Answers forum, but at a more advanced level.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

ResidentEthel

online?

Post by ResidentEthel » Sun May 31, 2009 10:47 pm

i read a few books on certain areas of psychic development...and most recently, mediumship. It brought up a tip which i hadn't thought of but now seems obvious - development circles. To be fair, i've googled to try to find a close-by open circle i could use to take the first steps in the right direction. There are many circles, but i'm not sure where to start.

Are there any online development circles and are they effective enough on their own? If not - where do i start? I've been reading tarot for 2 years and recently learned some basic chakra healing techniques....but i been told by online psychic friends that i have pretty good (but un-excercised) clairvoyant abilities...what is a starting point to excercising it?

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:30 pm

Have you looked up Spiritualism (science, philosophy, religion) in your area?  In the US:  www.nsac.org  In Canada: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SpiritualWisdom3 for more information on development circles.  Spiritualist centre all run circles.  I can direct you to something in your own area if you e-mail me.

A do-it-yourself project seems to lack the help of a guide or teacher.  An internet teacher doesn't always have their credentials posted or who knows if they are true.  I have seen far too many tout themselves without the experience to actually help.  And they can be downright dangerous in leading the newby astray.  

I did a circle on the internet for a while and it just didn't manifest as I had hoped.  It was good but not consistent.  Hands on teachers are always best.
God bless, J

ResidentEthel

Post by ResidentEthel » Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:23 pm

well i'm in the UK, i think i know where the local spiritualist church is....but i really don't know where to start. they have all catagorised groups - i dunno if its the jargon, but i don't know which is the best for what i'm looking for.

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:50 pm

Start with public meetings in the Spiritualist Church.  Then see who the leaders of the circles are and if you are comfortable with their energy.  Sometimes it can be a hit and miss affair while we seek out someone to help us.  But the Spiritualist church certainly takes a spiritual approach you don't get with others. There are a lot of new age type approaches available (at least in Canada thats true) and you may want to expand your spirituality in the exercise.

I will certainly be glad to answer any of your questions from the material posted and can aid the journey in that manner.
God bless, J

amalimrock

Post by amalimrock » Fri Jun 05, 2009 7:43 am

I live in Singapore, and such new age stuff isn't as widespread as I know. Where do you think I should start looking?

Aegeus

Post by Aegeus » Sat Jun 06, 2009 6:30 am

A good book and an ear for spirit can accomplish a lot, although good teachers help can immensely. Meditating with crystals can help increase clairvoyance either by visualizing or working in closer proximity with them.

"when the student is ready the teacher appears"
"Permacultre is revolution disguised  as gardening"

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Sat Jun 06, 2009 3:25 pm

While I am not familiar with Singapore you might check if there is Spiritualism there.  Also look under Spiritist.  Both these groups do mediumship development and ongoing circles of development.  

If nothing is found, the internet (reliable sources) is a place to gain your own development through exercises and experiments with spirit.
God bless, J

Return to “Mediumship Understanding and Development”