AM I GIfted

Predict things you foresee here. It could be about anything and everything. It could be global importance like an earthquake or it could be something as mundane as... the weather - LOL - just kidding about the weather part.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

FairyQueen

AM I GIfted

Post by FairyQueen » Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:01 pm

We are the proud parents of a child whose self esteem is sufficient that we don't need to advertise his minor scholastic achievements and gifted abilities on the back of our car.'"
-- George Carlin

ConfusedMind

Post by ConfusedMind » Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:13 pm

"I have a feeling we are going to be world champions, I can't really explain why. Brazil are probably the best team in the world in terms of individual players. But the team with the most gifted players do not always win."

Oliver Kahn said this prior to the final match in Football World Cup 2002. but, the result showed that the team with the gifted players emerged victorious.
I'm weird

Elgina

Gifted Realization

Post by Elgina » Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:25 am

Every living being on this earth is gifted. We all have tremendous potential within us... But, to realize this is of utmost importance...

There are two ways to live: you can live as if nothing is a miracle; you can live as if everything is a miracle."
Albert Einstein

ConfusedMind

Post by ConfusedMind » Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:01 pm

I agree. I live life both the ways, and i know the trick. but, i never knew Einstein said something like this. somehow he must have managed to hack my thoughts.
I'm weird

FairyQueen

Words of the day

Post by FairyQueen » Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:07 pm

This is weird, but interesting!

If you can raed this, you have a sgtrane mnid too

Can you raed this? Olny 55 plepoe out of 100 can.

I cdnuolt blveiee that I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd what I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in what oerdr the ltteres in a word are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is that the frsit and last ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can still raed it whotuit a pboerlm. This is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the word as a wlohe. Azanmig huh?

And trust me this is not hacked from any confused mind.

Elgina

It seems to be working

Post by Elgina » Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:06 pm

I read it. It is quite interesting as well. I found this whole discussion fruitful. Please post more interesting things like this

Elgina

Post by Elgina » Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:56 am

“Put your talent into your work, but your genius into your life”
Oscar Wilde

I liked this and what about you all ?

ConfusedMind

Post by ConfusedMind » Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:21 pm

I find FairyQueen's last post showing that she is gifted. jokes away - but writing up a whole passage with words methodically jumbled up is amazing.

it's like - there's a method in my madness. well, let me quote the original version from Shakespeare's Hamlet - "Though this be madness yet there is method in it."

Elgina, here's another quote.

"I put all my talent and genius into my life, and I put all my life into my work." - Obscure Wild
I'm weird

prasanna

Post by prasanna » Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:54 am

I could read  it without any difficulty. I wish U should post more such useful things, dear Fairy Queen.

I liked the quote  too.

“Put your talent into your work, but your genius into your life”
Oscar Wilde

Thanks.
prasanna

LEAD, KINDLY LIGHT. LOVE IS GOD, LOVE IS OCEAN, " Love Is Eternal. " LIVE TO LOVE TO LIVE.

Elgina

Very nice

Post by Elgina » Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:01 pm

Thanks confused Mind.. People say that quotes are hard to follow... But, I think quotes are nothing but the facts which we face every now and then.....

FairyQueen

Post by FairyQueen » Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:24 am

I am quite fed up with the same quote being repeated and explained so many times. Trying something new that is completely original.

STOP BEING A BORE. Writing in a public forum is not always about what the writer likes but also what the readers like too.

Now please don't start a lecture on individual choice.

ConfusedMind

Post by ConfusedMind » Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:06 am

did you read before the quote i referred to in the last post? how come? have you read Obscure Wild?
it may have been boring. but it was not much-read. since it was never said by anyone any time. I just coined it. and named the author as Obscure Wild.
I'm weird

FairyQueen

reply back

Post by FairyQueen » Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:47 am

Wish u luck with this Obscure guy. You could have made it obnoxious as well.

Oscar Wild will bless you for sure.

ConfusedMind

Post by ConfusedMind » Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:45 am

I don't want blessings from anything Wild. I have enough of wildness in me. if you refer to Oscar Wilde, yes - I'd love that.
I'm weird

Elgina

Post by Elgina » Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:25 pm

Quotes are not for inspiration ..motivation or stuff like that... Our real motivation lies beneath... Quotes are to read and understand different perspectives human minds......

Return to “Everyday Predictions”