Lesson 3. Introduction to Raashi (Rashi = Signs).

This is the main Vedic Astrology Learning Forum. General Vedic Astrology lessons and questions and answers can be addressed here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, RishiRahul, vivekvshetty

vivekvshetty

Post by vivekvshetty » Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:02 am

Namaskaar,
Have you registered in this learning forum as a learner?
Your question is very basic and hence many learners may be having the same .
We would love to answer this. If you are not registered then please send a request.
RishiRahul and vivek.
iamlearning wrote:Lot of times in agiven house no graha is present. To arrive at the prediction related to that bhava should we llok at the lord of the rashi present in that bhava.

For instance,
7th bhava is in kumbh rashi (no graha is present in the 7th house)
will the native's married life will be predicted as if saturn(rules kumbh) is in the 7th house ?

- Will there be a delay in marriage bcoz saturn's rashi is in 7th house ?

kandhan.t

Post by kandhan.t » Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:22 am

Vivkeji,

I dont know if the questioner had registered for the course.  But we would like to hear your  answer to his question though.  May I also request you to use the example given by him as I know someone who has this 7th Bhava.

vivekvshetty

Post by vivekvshetty » Wed May 05, 2010 8:03 pm

Namaskaar Kandhan ji,
If the bhaava is unoccupied we look at the lord and its placement.

For example, 8th bhaava shows the food best avoided to keep good health.
If there is a graha placed in the eighth bhaava then it or they will show that it is better to avoid foods ruled by these grahas. But if the 8th bhaava is unoccupied then the raashi in which the 8th lord is placed will show the food to be avoided.

One more example i can think of, is of the 7th bhaava in Navaamsha (D-9) chart.
The lord will show the type of Marriage (Amongst the 8 types of marriages mentioned in the Shaastra), where as the 7th bhaava will itself show how the married life will be after marriage.

Coming to the example quoted, we dont think that just because Makara is in the seventh Bhaava and unoccupied there will be a delay in marriage.
RishiRahul and vivek.
kandhan.t wrote:Vivkeji,

I dont know if the questioner had registered for the course.  But we would like to hear your  answer to his question though.  May I also request you to use the example given by him as I know someone who has this 7th Bhava.

brightblueskies

Post by brightblueskies » Mon May 31, 2010 6:19 am

Namaskaar

Pardon me for asking the same question that Raman Ji has already asked and you have answered as well - but I still have a doubt so am re-asking. Hope that is not too much of a bother, and also hope that you would explain it again for my benefit. Am breaking my query into 2 questions

Q1. Natural Lagna being Mesha, a Rasi (lets say for example Leo) having malefic Grahas in it would mean there are high chances of ill health in the body part ruled by Leo i.e Stomach. (a) Is that correct? (b) If yes, should it be true for natives born in any 'Janma Rasi' as long as their Leo has malefic Grahas?

Q2. This particular Rasi (Leo again as per our example) might be, lets say, in the 7th Bhaava for a particular native. Would that mean that the native has high chances of ill health in Groins/Reproductive parts as well?

Would the above 2 combined not mean that the native would have ill health in 2 body areas, one counted as per Natural Lagna(Mesha taken as first bhaava) and second counted as per the native's individual lagna?

I am hoping that you would not mind spending time on the same question again. I assure you that your effort is very highly appreciated - I would be reading your reply very keenly.

Warm Regards
vivekvshetty wrote:
Raman Deep Singh wrote:Dear Vivek ji and Rahul ji,
I have got bit laid back with the course but trying my best to cope up.
The material provided by you people is amazing and it does clear lots of
missing logics and i am really grateful to both of you for this. I have got few queries. Please do reply to them.

According to you:-
Beneficial planets connected to the houses/signs indicate proper growth
and/or protection to the body part while malefic planets connected to
such houses/signs indicate improper growth and/or damage to the body part.
In general, damage to body parts from external agents or sources is indicated
by the raashi (signs) of  the Kaalapurusha while damage or malfunctioning of
body parts caused by internal agents or sources is indicated by the houses
reckoned from the lagna.

1.This means if anyone has malefics in particular house without any good/strong benefic effect then that part will suffer malfunction and ALSO he will have  problem with one more body part (depending upon zodiac and thus kaalpurusha chart) unless and until that person has got Aries as a lagna i.e. kaalpurusha lagna.. This means no one can have problem with one part at a time(if dasa consideration is not taken) and it should be followed by problem/damage with another part with same intensity. Hope I am making sense to you and I am not sounding some confused person to you.

For Eg. A person having Rahu + Saturn + Jupiter in Leo in 8th house will have problem with his Anus (like Piles) and stomach {like Ulcer(coz ulcer can be caused by external agents like cold drinks)}with same intensity. (Please don’t consider any other aspect and dasa consideration for this question.)

2.What do you exactly mean by External Agents. Will cause of cancer will be considered as a result of external agents and internal agents both. Please give some example of external and internal agents…

3.Will the karakas for body part be considered from the kaalpurusha chart or they r different? For example:- for finding  out about the heart problem of some person do we have to consider any particular planet also as a karaka other then 4th house and Cancer Raashi(thus moon).

4.Please explain this for consideration for a female.
Will Tula be used for only consideringVagina
And
Vrischika be used for Anus.

5.What is he use of Vishama pada and sama pada raashis in astrology

I haven’t gone thru gunas and tatwas properly,so will ask questions about them in my later mail ;-) .I hope I am not gona irritate you people.
Thanking You
Raman.
Namaskaar Raman ji,
When seeing the Raashi Chart we judge the parts as per Raashi and this is external. the world knows about it.
From the Lagna the native only knows about it, it is internal. This is where lordships fo the Bhaavas come in. Then again there are other kaarakas as well as divisional charts.

In Raashi chart without taking the Lagna in account any Raashi afflicted by malefics show a tendency to get hurt on that limb. Example Vrishabha has many Papa Grahas (malefics), it shows a tendency to get hurt on the shoulder, face or the neck.
From the Lagna if any Bhaava is afflicted by Malefics and eighth and /or sixth lords or Bhaavas then the chances of affliction to that part as shown by the Bhaava is more internal. The interaction of the Bhaavas and their lords are a factor here to judge.
I did not mention agents at all, by internal and external we meant the body parts and organs. It is never very clear cut and the influences merge. Like Tula represents the Kidneys and affliction to it can mar them, but kidneys are internal organs.

For Female Seventh Bhaava is the reproductive organ, Eighth Bhaava are the excretory organs, just as for Male Jataks.

The use of Vimsha pada and Sampada Raashis will be clear as we deal with Dasas.

Rishsi Rahul and vivek.
Last edited by brightblueskies on Sat Jun 05, 2010 7:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

brightblueskies

Post by brightblueskies » Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:15 pm

Namaskaar Vivek Ji and RishiRahul Ji

Please find my answers in attached file.

Look fwd to your feedback to the answers.

Warm Regards
vivekvshetty wrote:Guna and Tatwa of Raashis.

Q1: List out the twenty four tattvas of Sankhya Philosophy.
Q2: The three gunas correspond to the three main deities of the Hindu pantheon, list them and find who corresponds to which guna.
Q3: After how many Raashis do the Gunas repeat?
Q4: After how many Raashis do the Tattvas repeat?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

vivekvshetty

Post by vivekvshetty » Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:41 am

Namaskaar brightblueskies,
Great reply1 we are impressed. The reply to the first question was very detailed and we are sure the other learners here will benefit from the same.
Rishirahul and vivek.

kandhan.t

Post by kandhan.t » Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:59 am

Vivekji, In this chapter you had touched upon colours of Rashis and also hinted that powerful, yet simple remedies are possible based upon those colours.  Could you give some more remedies based rashi colours in example charts and also some basic rules for this?  

Also, I am giving two examples of remedies for afflicted Guru based on rashis based on my understanding of rashis. I would like your opnion on these remedies.

1.  Mesha lagna, Guru in Kumbha.  Guru has been identified as too weak by astrologers  which is confirmed by the fact that native had displayed psychological problems since start of GuruMD.  Remedy-Feeding of small fishes.

2.  Simha Lagna, Guru in Makara.  Native does not have any specific problem.  But suggest visiting samadhis of saints for fast spiritual development.  

I know that a complete assessment can be made only on seeing complete chart. But, if guru is identified as the problem area then can these remedies based on rashis be valid?

vivekvshetty

Post by vivekvshetty » Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:24 pm

Namaskaar Kandhan ji,
If you have gone through all the post in this learning forum you would have noted our reply to a similar request.
We will not be discussing remedial measures for now. May be much later.
Anyways the two remedies for Guru that were given - from where did it come? It looks like Lal KItab remedies.
Can you see the rationale behind them. Specially the second one is easy to know why this was prescribed.

RishiRahul and vivek.
kandhan.t wrote:Vivekji, In this chapter you had touched upon colours of Rashis and also hinted that powerful, yet simple remedies are possible based upon those colours.  Could you give some more remedies based rashi colours in example charts and also some basic rules for this?  

Also, I am giving two examples of remedies for afflicted Guru based on rashis based on my understanding of rashis. I would like your opnion on these remedies.

1.  Mesha lagna, Guru in Kumbha.  Guru has been identified as too weak by astrologers  which is confirmed by the fact that native had displayed psychological problems since start of GuruMD.  Remedy-Feeding of small fishes.

2.  Simha Lagna, Guru in Makara.  Native does not have any specific problem.  But suggest visiting samadhis of saints for fast spiritual development.  

I know that a complete assessment can be made only on seeing complete chart. But, if guru is identified as the problem area then can these remedies based on rashis be valid?

kandhan.t

Post by kandhan.t » Sat Jul 03, 2010 4:15 am

Vivekji,

I saw the first remedy in a post in the reading fourm for another graha(forgot which).  Actually the remedy I had in mind was feeding fish in temple ponds.  The first one triggered the second remedy.  I have not read Lal Kitab yet.  Would you suggest any particular work for rashi COLOUR based remedies?

vivekvshetty

Post by vivekvshetty » Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:20 pm

Namaskaar Kandhan ji,
There is a mp3 lecture of Pundit Sanjay Rath, you will have to search the web for it. There you will find this  remedial measure based on colors discussed.
I dont exactly remember the site. Maybe someone here can help.
RishiRahul and vivek.

kandhan.t wrote:Vivekji,

I saw the first remedy in a post in the reading fourm for another graha(forgot which).  Actually the remedy I had in mind was feeding fish in temple ponds.  The first one triggered the second remedy.  I have not read Lal Kitab yet.  Would you suggest any particular work for rashi COLOUR based remedies?

gaonkarswapnil

Post by gaonkarswapnil » Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:50 pm

Dear Kandhan ji ,

I think i know this lecture it is available on SJC site under atri section only u need to register it for free to download the lecture also one more mp3 on same topic is available by visti ji on his site

Regards

Swapnil
Swapnil from mumbai looking for future

priyesh

energy in rashis

Post by priyesh » Sun Jul 25, 2010 3:43 pm

Dear vivek ji and rahul ji,

as per the artical by pundith sanjay rath ji,it has been said that chara rashis have high energy,sthira has low energy and dwi has medium energy.
1.could you tell which chara rashi has the highest energy , which sthira has lowest energy.
2.what happen when the slowest planet is placed in the chara rashi with highest energy?
3.what happen when the fastest planet is placed in the sthira rashi with lowest energy?

priyesh

kandhan.t

Post by kandhan.t » Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:21 am

thanks for the information Vivekji and Gaonkarswapnil ji

volcanopetal

color logic

Post by volcanopetal » Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:18 pm

Hi,

I was reflecting on why a particular assigned to a particular raashi? What's connection. Can u explain the logic behind it?Why not Mesh given Blue color. As far as I think, Mesh is agni tatwa raas and hence Red. But d same logic doesn't apply to other tattwas. say kark is jal tatwa but has pink color. Or vishcik having jal tattwa has yellow color!

vivekvshetty

Re: energy in rashis

Post by vivekvshetty » Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:50 am

Namaskaar Priyesh ji,
What is your take on this?

RishiRahul and vivek.
priyesh wrote:Dear vivek ji and rahul ji,

as per the artical by pundith sanjay rath ji,it has been said that chara rashis have high energy,sthira has low energy and dwi has medium energy.
1.could you tell which chara rashi has the highest energy , which sthira has lowest energy.
2.what happen when the slowest planet is placed in the chara rashi with highest energy?
3.what happen when the fastest planet is placed in the sthira rashi with lowest energy?

priyesh

Return to “Learn Vedic Astrology”