Lesson 3. Introduction to Raashi (Rashi = Signs).

This is the main Vedic Astrology Learning Forum. General Vedic Astrology lessons and questions and answers can be addressed here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, RishiRahul, vivekvshetty

volcanopetal

Post by volcanopetal » Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:20 pm

Hello,

I would like to explore if u could explain on lagna phal... with examples?

vivekvshetty

Post by vivekvshetty » Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:54 am

Namaskaar volcanopetal ji,
You have to send a request for enrolling in this learning forum only then you are allowed to post here.

RishiRahul and vivek.
volcanopetal wrote:Hello,

I would like to explore if u could explain on lagna phal... with examples?

priyesh

Post by priyesh » Thu Aug 26, 2010 7:36 pm

Namaskaar Priyesh ji,
What is your take on this?

RishiRahul and vivek.

priyesh wrote:
Dear vivek ji and rahul ji,

as per the artical by pundith sanjay rath ji,it has been said that chara rashis have high energy,sthira has low energy and dwi has medium energy.
1.could you tell which chara rashi has the highest energy , which sthira has lowest energy.
2.what happen when the slowest planet is placed in the chara rashi with highest energy?
3.what happen when the fastest planet is placed in the sthira rashi with lowest energy?

priyesh
Dear vivekji and rahul ji,

My views:

1. karka is fastest since lorded by moon and capricorn is slowest ,since lorded by sani.
2. when slowest planet(sani) is placed in fastest (karka) rashi,it gains momentum.
3 when the fastest planet (moon) is placed in slowest rashi (capricorn),its speed is curtailed.
eagerly waiting for your comments

priyesh

vivekvshetty

Post by vivekvshetty » Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:32 pm

Namaskaar Priyesh ji,
we are not too sure about this. Energy may mean not only motion.
RishiRahul and vivek.
priyesh wrote:
Namaskaar Priyesh ji,

RishiRahul and vivek.

priyesh wrote:

as per the artical by pundith sanjay rath ji,it has been said that chara rashis have high energy,sthira has low energy and dwi has medium energy.
1.could you tell which chara rashi has the highest energy , which sthira has lowest energy.
2.what happen when the slowest planet is placed in the chara rashi with highest energy?
3.what happen when the fastest planet is placed in the sthira rashi with lowest energy?

priyesh

My views:

1. karka is fastest since lorded by moon and capricorn is slowest ,since lorded by sani.
2. when slowest planet(sani) is placed in fastest (karka) rashi,it gains momentum.
3 when the fastest planet (moon) is placed in slowest rashi (capricorn),its speed is curtailed.

priyesh

priyesh

Post by priyesh » Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:04 pm

Let me correct an error of mine ..Instead of capricorn, aquarius is the slowest rashi (sthira ).
Pundith ji in his class mentions about placement of sani (slowest planet) in karaka(fastest rashi); as Raja yog and cites an eg of Indira Gandhi who has this combination.He says this combination can make tortoise run with the speed of horse.She did that by declaring "emergency" in india and in those days ,every govt office worked promptly and punctuali and hence "india jaise kacchuye (tortoise) ko goday ki dhod dudaya."Further... this is done by means of controling "the minds of people" ( karka) through saturnanian methods ( fear).

priyesh
Namaskaar Priyesh ji,
RishiRahul and vivek.

priyesh wrote:
Quote:

Namaskaar Priyesh ji,

RishiRahul and vivek.

priyesh wrote:

priyesh

My views:

priyesh

priyesh

Post by priyesh » Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:37 pm

Different rashis show different jadatmas/places/matter etc .. around us.How can we arrive at those?.For eg: simha rashi denote caves.how is this been arrived at? I just dont want to mug up. I tried applying chara/sthira/dwi ..no use. Tried tatvas..no use.Applied gunas..no use.Is it that since simha is lion and it lives in caves?if yes, then how does simha represent deserts ?how do virgo represent gardens?How do gemini represent big cities ?Does the lord of rashi have a role?Please guide us about how to arrive at different significations of rashis.What techniques do you apply.

priyesh

vivekvshetty

Post by vivekvshetty » Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:25 pm

Namaskaar Priyesh ji,
Thank you for this additional info and knowledge.
But Aquarius is also co lorded by Raahu, one of the most sudden and unpredicatble amongst the Grahas.
Indeed Shani in Lagna or the tenth in Karka is said to be a Mahaaraaja Yoga. You have tried to bridge the gap in our knowledge by trying to understand the Rationale behind this.
But it must be deeper than that. Then the question arises as to what if the fastest Graha (Chandra) is in the slowest raashi (Kumbha ?) ?
Secondly the Yoga shows the potential for Mahaaraaja yoga only. The reason for saying this is because Shani is placed in one raashi for approx. 2.5 years and many children during this period will have this yoga.
what was so special about her?
Food for thought!
Happy Janmaasthami to you and everyone here.

Rishirahul and vivek.
RishiRahul and vivek.
priyesh wrote:Dear vivek ji and rahul ji,

Let me correct an error of mine ..Instead of capricorn, aquarius is the slowest rashi (sthira ).
Pundith ji in his class mentions about placement of sani (slowest planet) in karaka(fastest rashi); as Raja yog and cites an eg of Indira Gandhi who has this combination.He says this combination can make tortoise run with the speed of horse.She did that by declaring "emergency" in india and in those days ,every govt office worked promptly and punctuali and hence "india jaise kacchuye (tortoise) ko goday ki dhod dudaya."Further... this is done by means of controling "the minds of people" ( karka) through saturnanian methods ( fear).

priyesh
Namaskaar Priyesh ji,
RishiRahul and vivek.

priyesh wrote:
Quote:

Namaskaar Priyesh ji,

RishiRahul and vivek.

priyesh wrote:

priyesh

My views:

priyesh

Return to “Learn Vedic Astrology”