Please help me with my Red State dream

Learn to analyse and understand the meaning of your dreams.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Maryanneland

Please help me with my Red State dream

Post by Maryanneland » Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:54 am

Hello, well here's my dream. I'm hoping you can help me decipher it.

I'm walking up a hill to a church. But I'm looking for a dentist. I figure churches employ their own dentists. I arrive at a door, attended by an old lady and a priest. They look me over and find me ok since I'm hauling a Bible. They are friendly, they ask me to sit down, while the secretary is having a hissy fit trying to find a dentist. I sit nicely, twiddling my thumbs. Then I hear a little boy around the corner, he's yelling 'the Jews killed jesus' and 'Jesus wasn't a jew' and many other murmurs.I decide I need to leave immediately, but when I stand, I have had my period. I wipe it up as much as I can and turn the pillows so no one will see. I navigate a hallway, try to leave, but they are trying to kill me with very antiquated weapons. I escape into the world. I come to a shore, the normal world on the other side. I try to swim but the water is filled with sharks and other deadly animals.. I swim the banks, find my in, and make it across! I run down the center aisle of a wedding feast, and they don't approve. I'm trying to warn my family. Then I wake. .

Ps- the part about red state (great new Kevin smith movie) well, if youve seen the movie, that was the state I was in, an outsider trying to escape.

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:53 pm

Dreams are about our unresolved emotions from the conscious state.  The symbols merely help us understand.  

Seeking a dentist is about your teeth.  You are feeling a little lost and unable to 'take a bite' of life for yourself.
You want to leave the current direction or path you are on.  Remember you chose it and can re-choose - you are not stuck.
Some how you feel attacked in your life choices - but from old fashioned ideas and you choose to be modern
The emotions and spirit you are swimming in at present feels a little hostile.  Some new decisions may help you press on and not stay stuck.

Just some thoughts to consider......

Return to “Dream Interpretation”