tarot cards and death

For Tarot discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

elle9o

tarot cards and death

Post by elle9o » Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:18 pm

When my mom was in her late 20's, she was playing with tarot cards with my aunt. I wasn't sure how they were playing with them, but it seems like they were rotating/exchanging cards. For some strange reason, my mom told me about how my aunt kept getting a certain tarot card depicting a 'black heart". No matter how or how many different times they shuffled through the deck, she would always find the black heart tarot card in her pile. My mom told me that a couple of weeks later after they played with these cards, that my aunt died from heart problems or possibly a heart attack.

Is it possible that tarot cards are linked/can predict death?

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:41 am

Some readers of the tarot have found messages of death in them, just as psychics get some predictions of death.  IME the higher power of us all (some call God) has us in hand from birth to death which is God's decision, not mans.  And, of course, it would be totally unethical to read death to another person.
God bless, J

George

Re: tarot cards and death

Post by George » Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:03 am

elle9o wrote:When my mom was in her late 20's, she was playing with tarot cards with my aunt. I wasn't sure how they were playing with them, but it seems like they were rotating/exchanging cards. For some strange reason, my mom told me about how my aunt kept getting a certain tarot card depicting a 'black heart". No matter how or how many different times they shuffled through the deck, she would always find the black heart tarot card in her pile. My mom told me that a couple of weeks later after they played with these cards, that my aunt died from heart problems or possibly a heart attack.

Is it possible that tarot cards are linked/can predict death?
i don't think the Tarot can predict death and if it could i wouldn't even try... most will tell you that Tarot doesn't predict the future but gives possible options to ever future there is.  
although i would love to know what the card is that was the "black heart"?
  :smt006
Common sense dictates there is no such thing as common sense.

marybee

Post by marybee » Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:43 pm

An ethical reader, IMHO, does not predict physical death for a client.  If I were to get the card Death or any card that is "bleak", I'd talk to the person about major life changes, about getting to see a doctor, etc.  I'm not God and I can't tell anyone when they're going to die.  

Mary Bee
Love is the Law, Love under Will.

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:23 pm

Good comments.. and I agree with marybee

TarotModerator

Post by TarotModerator » Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:41 pm

OOOOH My dear,

Let's not spook the craddle or haunt the graveyard!

It seems as if they were playing a Tarocchi game, with cards, using Tarot cards.

By no means should you think it was used to devine or predict anything, far from death from a certain" black heart card". Older people have a tendency to relieve this world? Tarot had no input or influence in that matter!

:smt020
We run a self study course in Tarot...please sign up..work together with your fellow students...and if further help is needed...ask for help....

icedrop39

creeped out

Post by icedrop39 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:53 am

wow, that sure is creepy. thinking about it must have freaked you out.

Tham

Post by Tham » Wed May 29, 2013 4:47 pm

I am no tarot reader, though I have the cards and books on it, but in the
hands of an experienced and professional reader, the Tarot, just like any
other ancient and powerful tool of divination or clairvoyance, can definitely
tell the future, and I am certain that it will also reveal death.

The ethics and decision, etc,  to reveal to the querent such an event is,
of course, beside the point.

During the early 90s, I consulted this professional tarot reader, Jeanne Woon,
who has quite a reputation in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, about a past relationship.
Apart from revealing what the cards told her about the lover in question, she also
mentioned that they showed that I would not have any new relationships in the
next few years.

Sure enough, I did not.

I believe she is no longer practising, but Jeanne Woon is mentioned in this old article :

http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=1 ... 16,2183629

A current well-known reader here, Richard Yong, uses the Tarot mainly for relationships.
For predicting other life events, he uses another set of cards which he calls "French Cards".
These are not the Tarot, but there is actually another name for them which I cannot
remember, as I saw identical cards in an occult catalog which I received from the
States over a decade ago, and they were described to be medieval.

Severina

Post by Severina » Fri May 31, 2013 6:15 am

I had a case in my practice, i read the (playing cards for my friend, and there were Queen of clubs and 7 of spades, tip up. It could mean anything, but I knew immediately that her grandma will die. She was seriously ill, and, moreover, she was 92 years old. I was frightened tell her that, so I said "You will fall out with grandma ".

my friend's granny died, she thinks cards reading is lie, and I could not read cards during a year or so.
To see death in cards, runes or coffee grounds is heavy burden. to tell this is heavier responsibility.
I can not I do not know how toto break the sad news...
Blessed birds are, for heaven is theirs

chipmunk

the black heart

Post by chipmunk » Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:16 pm

The three of swords is often depicted as a heart peirced three times by swords. i wonder if the card was a varation of this. If it was this card indicates a sepration, sadness, loss or grief but doesn't out and out predict death. Besides no one  person has the power nor the right to mark another person for death.
Never be normal !

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sun Aug 25, 2013 2:54 am

Tham wrote:I am no tarot reader, though I have the cards and books on it, but in the
hands of an experienced and professional reader, the Tarot, just like any
other ancient and powerful tool of divination or clairvoyance, can definitely
tell the future, and I am certain that it will also reveal death.

The ethics and decision, etc,  to reveal to the querent such an event is,
of course, beside the point.

During the early 90s, I consulted this professional tarot reader, Jeanne Woon,
who has quite a reputation in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, about a past relationship.
Apart from revealing what the cards told her about the lover in question, she also
mentioned that they showed that I would not have any new relationships in the
next few years.

Sure enough, I did not.

I believe she is no longer practising, but Jeanne Woon is mentioned in this old article :

http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=1 ... 16,2183629

A current well-known reader here, Richard Yong, uses the Tarot mainly for relationships.
For predicting other life events, he uses another set of cards which he calls "French Cards".
These are not the Tarot, but there is actually another name for them which I cannot
remember, as I saw identical cards in an occult catalog which I received from the
States over a decade ago, and they were described to be medieval.

Yes my friend, Divination (not just Cartomancy, but the entire Big Tent of Divination!) has that power, potentially, but would that be the best use of our craft and gift from the DIVINE?

From WHICH, BTW, the word divination was derived, I suppose?

Love - Light and LIFE,

Rohiniranjan
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

britelite495

Post by britelite495 » Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:32 pm

yes a few years ago i did a reading and an upside down death came up a few years later my sister and brother got cancer wich there both ok
ghost888

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:32 am

How can the reversed Death card signify physical death in your opinion?

Payewacker

Post by Payewacker » Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:22 pm

Hi Guys,

I have on a number of occasions prediceted ar rather seen deat in the cards. A certain card, when it appears, predicts death with no repose! In that sense, I close the reading and refuse to answer at all. If it is a paying querant, I refund them immediatelly.

Perhaps they think me being "spooky", but I will not reveal that info. The most troublesome is the effect it has on me as a reader. I can't read for at leats two weeks after such an incident. I had at least 4 deaths predicted already, and what a terrible experience!!!!!!!!!!

Blessed be.

Return to “Tarot”