What would I ask god for?

Post your thoughts and views here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Jayashree Ravi

What would I ask god for?

Post by Jayashree Ravi » Wed Jan 06, 2016 10:58 pm

Money means a lot to a lot of people. And yes, when misfortunes like diseases visits us, money becomes most important asset to have. But is it truly worth the chase for money all the time?

Often times in the world, we see people chasing beauty, wealth and power that always have an element of illusion about them - you feel jealous of a 'wealthier' man. There is always someone 'more beautiful' than you. There is always someone who is 'bossing over' you or even if you are the President of USA, your term is limited and your reign ends.

When a man was asked what are the true joys in life he would feel lucky to have, he replied, "3 tasty meals a day, sound sleep every night and a life without disease".

I have often reflected on what would bring true joy besides the above factors - I considered parameters such as being surrounded by true friends and relatives, being free of disease, etc. as some parameters that have the elusive element of 'happiness' associated with them.

But I decide on the above factors alone to be the givers of 'happiness'? NO. They add peace to life, yes. But happiness - not really. They are the basic needs for a successful life, however they alone aren't sufficient to bring 'happiness'.

Then as I thought further along, I started reflecting on my own life experiences - my childhood, my education, my friends, my job(s), my social standing, everything. So on that basis, I concluded that the most important thing for happiness in life is this - 'Aathma Tripthi' (satisfaction for the soul).

Other factors such as money, beauty, power, etc, bring 'happiness' to the mind. Whereas, these things DO NOT necessarily bring happiness to the 'soul'.

Then I further questioned myself 'what would bring happiness to the soul'?

It appeared to me that only a few factors bring the said happiness to the soul:

* A strong and beautiful personality - In Tamil we say, "we all know our own palm". This means, we all know our own self which remains a secret to ourselves. But then, can anyone feel a soulful joy for who he/she is, if the said person has a nasty personality, although known only to the self? Never. The strong personality never has excess anger, excess egotism (pride) or excess lust. Although vices are of many different nature, the main negatives of the humans are anger, egotism and lust. Where there is a mind free of the pangs of these excesses, the soul becomes burden-free and rejoices in itself.

* Ability for always engaging in fruitful action - It may be any kind of labor - be it physical (manual) labor or mental labor - labor that fetches money or labor that only helps others voluntarily - any kind of labor - but real thirst for constant and everyday labor is the true soul's thirst for feeling 'purposeful' in life. By this, I mean to address all those who are unable to work out of disabilities, out of laziness (tamas) or any other constraint. And I am convinced, if they have money, power, riches, they won't have the true joy of the soul. The soul just rejoices in true and real labor. You trust me, and ask anyone, even the person who did the most menial job, nevertheless occupied his life meaningfully throughout his life, if he is satisfied with 'who he had been', the answer would most likely be 'yes'. Whereas such a yes is doubtful, even for the richest but laziest man on earth, who did nothing whatsoever fruitfully in his life. Even in jyotish, the 10th house in a natal chart, which is the house for 'karmas' / 'deeds', is considered the most superior placement.

If you notice truly, just having the other 2 factors, one can easily win ALL OTHER FACTORS for successful life! By having a good personality, he will easily win friends, engage in good deeds, and in general be successful in his transactions and also be able to avoid pitfalls out of a balanced mind.

And by adherence to hard work, he can most likely than not succeed professionally, educationally, make money, etc.
Besides the above 2 factors, there are scores of other factors - like charity, forgiveness, etc, that are good for the soul. But, if someone would ask me 'What I want for the next life?', even if god appears before me and asks me, my answer to him would be, "Oh god! Please give me a strong (good) personality and ability to engage always in productive work, as I would like my soul to rejoice".
Srimathe Ramanujaya Namaha

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:19 pm

Questions ( Questioning) destroy happiness, just as effort (Karm) destroys TAO...? ;-)
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

Pravin Kumar

Post by Pravin Kumar » Wed Jan 13, 2016 1:30 pm

ASK GOD ONLY FOR HIS LOVE. NOTHING ELSE IS REQUIRED.

In love you get everything.

Pravin Kumar
For detailed palm reading and spiritual guidance Consult at: pravinjsoni97@hotmail.com

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Wed Jan 13, 2016 3:42 pm

Does a child have to *ask* his/her parent for love...? ;-)
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

Talia

Post by Talia » Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:09 pm

Rohiniranjan wrote:Does a child have to *ask* his/her parent for love...? ;-)
Love it, no of course they don't, but in the real world they may need to gain attention first.

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Wed Jan 13, 2016 5:14 pm

Talia wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:Does a child have to *ask* his/her parent for love...? ;-)
Love it, no of course they don't, but in the real world they may need to gain attention first.
The catchword is *real*!
Humanly real, we generally base reality on -- and that is often a moving duck!

But we are talking about The Mystic Divine :-) The 'faith that moves mountains' kind of <LOL>
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

Talia

Post by Talia » Wed Jan 13, 2016 6:19 pm

moving duck? not sitting duck?

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Wed Jan 13, 2016 7:39 pm

Talia wrote:moving duck? not sitting duck?
'moving'!
Moves with perception.
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

Pravin Kumar

Post by Pravin Kumar » Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:11 am

A Child is God by himself as he is in Alpha Level till the age of 9/10.

P.K.
For detailed palm reading and spiritual guidance Consult at: pravinjsoni97@hotmail.com

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Wed Jan 20, 2016 2:24 pm

Pravin Kumar wrote:A Child is God by himself as he is in Alpha Level till the age of 9/10.

P.K.
Pet-animals are perhaps even closer to GOD-ness (Epsilon-level!), eh dada ji...? &nbsp;:smt004
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

Pravin Kumar

Post by Pravin Kumar » Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:31 pm

Any living being who has feelings can be nearer to God. Animals are Heart Oriented more than Mind Oriented and hence they feel love and react to it positively, coming very close to their masters.

One can connect God through Heart and not through Mind.

Pravin Kumar

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sat Jan 23, 2016 12:07 am

Pravin Kumar wrote:Any living being who has feelings can be nearer to God. Animals are Heart Oriented more than Mind Oriented and hence they feel love and react to it positively, coming very close to their masters.

One can connect God through Heart and not through Mind.

Pravin Kumar
How can one (a human) be sure that such is indeed the case...!

Nothing personally offensive intended!
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

Pravin Kumar

Post by Pravin Kumar » Sun Jan 24, 2016 7:17 am

Meditation leads to good Intuition. In meditation we try to stabilise our mind and try control it which is very very difficult but to certain extent you can reduce the mind going here and there to a great extent.

GOD OR GOODNESS OR PURITY IS FELT IN THE HEART AND NOT IN THE MIND. IF YOU HAVE A BIG HEART AND IS GIVER TO THE UNIVERSE , PEOPLE AT LARGE AND ARE DOING IT TO WHATEVER EXTENT YOU DO YOU SHALL FEEL THE GOODNESS, PURITY, HAPPINESS, BLISS IN YOUR HEART FIRST. No person can succeed in meditation unless he has a big heart. Those who succeed and reach Self Enlightenment see them always Smiling, Happy and they do not get attached to anything.

I am not expert at the above explanation but it is my experience.

P.K.

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Sun Jan 24, 2016 11:49 am

How do we know what God desires from us? We can only try to guess, argue with our/my limited logic!......in response to the header of this thread.

Also, a persons mindset is achieved from the basic nature & somewhat coloured with personal experienced.

Lets take another different unconventional view of an big-hearted person= A big hearted person likes to give/help others. Why? because he gets satisfaction through that.

A person who majorly does what he desires to is termed selfish. Right?
Isn't he being selfish too? even while helping others.

Of course, inherently everyone is selfish.

I am sure brickbats may hurl at me....

RishiRahul

P.S: Selfish is not always a bad thing, and can be productive

Pravin Kumar

Post by Pravin Kumar » Sun Jan 24, 2016 3:44 pm

Rishiji,

When I first met you at your place was there any Self involved from anyside? Hope this never happens but assuming it has happened to you (this is the better way to explain) that is you meet with a near fatal accident and lying on the road or in the vehicle you are travelling and some bystanders take you to the hospital and you are on the operation table within an hour, you are unconscious at the time of accident, &nbsp;your luggage with you is safely deposited with the union of the cab or auto rickshaw (whichever vehicle you may be travelling in) what will you consider those people to be SELFISH. You will bless them either through your words or action. Where is Self involved. They have not taken any money from you and neither are they supposed to help you but they did it.

By giving or doing like the above people did you get lots of happiness and this called PURE EMOTIONS BY OSHO. Do it and experience it. This is how happiness ,  joy is created in yourself and only this joy you can share with others. All other joys are short lived and are done for self.

In the same way when you make that the Motto of your life that you become a Giver then you will become a THAKUR -- SAINT. I have not seen God and neither have you. God is only within all of us. We are all pure souls and when our soul, which is clouded by the mind, is released from the wandering mind then we experience Godliness within us. Do what I have mentioned and experience it within you. I am doing that for last so many years.

P.K.

Return to “General Discussion”