The Universe is not outside of you

A forum where you can post words which inspire you, or make you smile.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

The Universe is not outside of you

Post by eye_of_tiger » Sun Jun 12, 2016 1:52 am

The Universe is not outside of you.
Look inside yourself;
Everything that you want,
You already are.
Source: Rumi

Rumi poetry http://www.goodreads.com/quotes/tag/rumi-poetry

Could I please have your comments and opinions concerning the above quote?

Does its message(s) make any sense to you, and if so how do you apply its lessons to your daily living?

Thanks everyone,

Brian  :)
Last edited by eye_of_tiger on Sun Jun 19, 2016 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Talia

Post by Talia » Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:55 am

not sure I agree with that lol, maybe in a deep spiritual way but there are things I want and need outside of me like food and water and so on, but I do believe that I am my own future and I can create the future I want by my thoughts and words and acts. Of course it doesn't always go to plan but no-one else can get me up and out of bed and searching for that new job, or cleaning and tidying or turning up at work impressing the boss, all those things are down to me?
But the Universe is out there!

Rohiniranjan

Re: The Universe is not outside of you

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:21 pm

"The Universe is not outside of you.
Look inside yourself;
Everything that you want,
You already are".

Source: Rumi

Could I please have your comments and opinions concerning the above quote?

Does its message(s) make any sense to you, and if so how do you apply its lessons to your daily living?

Thanks everyone,

Brian  :)
PURR-fect sense, of course!
Even from a physical-worldly-laboratory sense the individual is not separate from this so called universe, since it is part of this yet undefined ?unit? that folks glibly call and visualize as *universe*.

Of course just for arguments' sake one may visualize there being multi-verses and multi-dimensions and visualize that fragments of the carnate soul coexists in these simultaneously and in a connected manner at that; however, what limits us as individuals is our point-of-focus or awareness.

Divinators of any cloth if they had been seriously and sincerely pursuing their path -- as it perhaps should be -- cannot miss having glimpses of that simple reality!

When they are reading for someone as opposed to playing with words, as we all children of God indulge in, from time to time during **play-time**...?  :smt007

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Post by eye_of_tiger » Sun Jun 19, 2016 12:08 am

So are we agreeing on the concept that this inner Universe and the shared external Universe are mutual reflections of each other, or that this principle only works in one direction where the external Universe is a projection of our inner one?

If as they suggest the external Universe is exclusively a product of human consciousness and nothing else, did the Cosmos exist before the first human being appeared?

My brain hurts.

Brian    :smt017

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Post by eye_of_tiger » Sun Jun 19, 2016 12:15 am

Talia wrote:not sure I agree with that lol, maybe in a deep spiritual way but there are things I want and need outside of me like food and water and so on, but I do believe that I am my own future and I can create the future I want by my thoughts and words and acts. Of course it doesn't always go to plan but no-one else can get me up and out of bed and searching for that new job, or cleaning and tidying or turning up at work impressing the boss, all those things are down to me?
But the Universe is out there!
Talia,

So do you see your inner Universe and the shared external Universe as being completely independent of each other, or only partially independent?

Thanks,

Brian

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Tue Jun 21, 2016 2:11 pm

eye_of_tiger wrote:So are we agreeing on the concept that this inner Universe and the shared external Universe are mutual reflections of each other, or that this principle only works in one direction where the external Universe is a projection of our inner one?

If as they suggest the external Universe is exclusively a product of human consciousness and nothing else, did the Cosmos exist before the first human being appeared?

My brain hurts.

Brian    :smt017
Why cut milk with a knife?
Why try to empty the ocean with a sieve...?  :smt004

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Tue Jun 21, 2016 2:25 pm

eye_of_tiger wrote:...
The *cosmos* as even great human minds (all times?) conceived of may actually be very different from what it appears to be...?

The expanding universe us puny humans with our punier memories (recall) conceptualize, might really be creation taking in its cosmic breath??

Enormous astronomical distances make us visualize the cosmic arrangement of stars into 2-D shapes of the fish, the ram, the bull, the twins, crab, scorpion... etc., when in the 3-D reality the tetrahedral might have nothing to do with the planar view???

Just to scratch the surface...!  :smt007

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Post by eye_of_tiger » Tue Jun 21, 2016 11:36 pm

And then there is always the multiverse theory to complicate matters, where there are according to the physicists and cosmologists an infinite number of parallel universes, of which ours is only one.

Not three, but at least ten different dimensions.

Alternate realities which just keep coming out of the woodwork, according to quantum theory which operates at subatomic levels.

Where will it all end?

Oh, of course something which is infinite has no beginning or end.

Silly me!

Brian  Image

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Wed Jun 22, 2016 1:39 am

Some even believe that the soul fragments get born (?) in several dimensions simultaneously, some physical, others para or supra-physical. Brian, Brian', Brian", Brian''', Brian^n hopefully communicating with RR', RR"... etc.

Do we know one anther from somewhere else, as well...?  :smt017

Return to “Inspirations And Words For Today”