life

A forum where you can post words which inspire you, or make you smile.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Rohiniranjan

life

Post by Rohiniranjan » Mon Sep 05, 2016 6:09 pm

If you want life to become an enjoyable journey, travel light: reduce the baggage of expectations...!
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Re: life

Post by RishiRahul » Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:37 pm

Rohiniranjan wrote:
Mon Sep 05, 2016 6:09 pm
If you want life to become an enjoyable journey, travel light: reduce the baggage of expectations...!

While perusing and inspecting this updated mysticboard, I came upon this feature of unanswered posts, and this one interested me immediately.

Yes, the baggage of expectations in ones life should be reduced or controlled to realistic levels.
Too many or unrealistic expectations make our journey less enjoyable.

Alas....

RishiRahul
RishiRahul.com
Astro-Palmist & Numerologist
Accurate timings & solutions to specific questions

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Post by eye_of_tiger » Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:41 pm

Rishi,

While your friend and favourite sparring partner has so far not followed us to the new site, thank you for bringing our attention to this new feature of the updated forum software.

For those members who still have not found this, click on Quick Links in the top left hand corner of the interface (beside the FAQ) to open the menu.

Currently unanswered posts is the fourth item on that menu.

Check it out, if you have not already.

I would like to if I may suggest to you that while we should not have unrealistic expectations about the future, we should not lower our expectations so far as to remove any further motivation to help ourselves, as well as making the necessary improvements in our lives in order to be able to create a happier, healthier and more successful life, when compared to what it might have been otherwise.

In other words there is the constant temptation to lower our expectations about what possible in our lives to such a low point, that we can unwittingly produce by so doing what amounts to a negative self fulfilling prophecy.

If you do not expect enough out of life and out of yourself, then your future could easily come to reflect our negative imagination and often associated low sense of self esteem.

My late father always taught me to expect the worst. In this way you will rarely be disappointed, and if things turn out any better than you expected them to, then you will be pleasantly surprised.

This is a terribly self defeating way of thinking, and holding such low expectations about the future can only help to attract the very factors into your life which will help to create the situation which you were expecting would happen, and destroy whatever motivation and self confidence which you still had left along the way.

This is exactly the type of negative belief system to which I was referring in my posting in the general discussion forum...

"Some beliefs can help us, but............."

https://www.mysticboard.org/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=86658

Have a good day,

Brian :smt032

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:41 pm

eye_of_tiger wrote:
Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:41 pm
Rishi,

While your friend and favourite sparring partner has so far not followed us to the new site, thank you for bringing our attention to this new feature of the updated forum software.

For those members who still have not found this, click on Quick Links in the top left hand corner of the interface (beside the FAQ) to open the menu.

Currently unanswered posts is the fourth item on that menu.

Check it out, if you have not already.

I would like to if I may suggest to you that while we should not have unrealistic expectations about the future, we should not lower our expectations so far as to remove any further motivation to help ourselves, as well as making the necessary improvements in our lives in order to be able to create a happier, healthier and more successful life, when compared to what it might have been otherwise.

In other words there is the constant temptation to lower our expectations about what possible in our lives to such a low point, that we can unwittingly produce by so doing what amounts to a negative self fulfilling prophecy.

If you do not expect enough out of life and out of yourself, then your future could easily come to reflect our negative imagination and often associated low sense of self esteem.

My late father always taught me to expect the worst. In this way you will rarely be disappointed, and if things turn out any better than you expected them to, then you will be pleasantly surprised.

This is a terribly self defeating way of thinking, and holding such low expectations about the future can only help to attract the very factors into your life which will help to create the situation which you were expecting would happen, and destroy whatever motivation and self confidence which you still had left along the way.

This is exactly the type of negative belief system to which I was referring in my posting in the general discussion forum...

"Some beliefs can help us, but............."

https://www.mysticboard.org/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=86658

Have a good day,

Brian :smt032
Hello Brian,

Very correct. Its also difficult to differentiate between unrealistic and realistic.

Rishi
RishiRahul.com

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Post by eye_of_tiger » Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:08 pm

Its also difficult to differentiate between unrealistic and realistic.
Agreed.

Contrary to all known physical laws as we currently understand them, could make an expectation unrealistic.

Believing that you are about to magically grow wings and be able to fly under your own power, is an example of an unrealistic explanation.

But as we gain new understandings about physical laws, something which was only regarded as science fiction or fantasy 70 years before man first landed on the moon in 1969, became possible during that year due to advances in the science of rocketry, and us learning about how the human body could be made to survive in space.

So some expectations may be unrealistic at one particular moment, but may become realistic later due to unforeseen changes or advances in our understanding of the physical laws pertaining to this universe.

During the late 19th century the only way that they thought that man would ever get to the moon would be to be shot out of a giant cannon like a projectile, carefully aimed at it (with the moon thought to be made of Swiss cheese, and the man in the moon apparently living there).

That all seems fairly unrealistic now.

Brian :smt030

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Sat Mar 25, 2017 5:35 am

eye_of_tiger wrote:
Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:08 pm
Its also difficult to differentiate between unrealistic and realistic.
Agreed.

Contrary to all known physical laws as we currently understand them, could make an expectation unrealistic.

Believing that you are about to magically grow wings and be able to fly under your own power, is an example of an unrealistic explanation.

But as we gain new understandings about physical laws, something which was only regarded as science fiction or fantasy 70 years before man first landed on the moon in 1969, became possible during that year due to advances in the science of rocketry, and us learning about how the human body could be made to survive in space.

So some expectations may be unrealistic at one particular moment, but may become realistic later due to unforeseen changes or advances in our understanding of the physical laws pertaining to this universe.

During the late 19th century the only way that they thought that man would ever get to the moon would be to be shot out of a giant cannon like a projectile, carefully aimed at it (with the moon thought to be made of Swiss cheese, and the man in the moon apparently living there).

That all seems fairly unrealistic now.

Brian :smt030

Absolutlely. Ans also to know ones limitations (which includes how much destined).

Rishi
RishiRahul.com

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:16 am

RishiRahul wrote:
Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:37 pm
Rohiniranjan wrote:

While perusing and inspecting this updated mysticboard, I came upon this feature of unanswered posts, and this one interested me immediately.

Yes, the baggage of expectations in ones life should be reduced or controlled to realistic levels.

Alas....

RishiRahul
At my first workplace, starting at a junior level, when we were forced to relocate to a new workplace, I had accumulated 17 Banker's Boxes full of documents, reprints, etc. Was a difficult move, since I was on assignment, elsewhere but had friends who cared and packed and moved all that stuff for me! <OH HOW SHWEET...!>

At my next move in workplace, I made sure I had downsized by then, some 8 years later and was down to 9 or so boxes.

Then the powers who decide these moves and spring on us ill-informed servile types -- did their number again, and I cut down the carry-on luggage to 3 boxes while distributing without actually discarding the rest of the painstakingly collected information and sharings...

Finally, I retired, with just a single box or two, and those were filled with kind messages, little gifts and mementos and an album caringly collated by a true friend and well-wisher which {Album!} if my will gets followed, shall accompany me during my final journey in this lifetime.

I am not dying, but if TIME is an illusion, then we all are dying, some day, either on earth or on Mars or on that moon of Saturn, if Hawking's postage stamp laser driven does become a reality in next decade or two...?
Last edited by Rohiniranjan on Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:45 pm

Rohiniranjan wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:16 am
RishiRahul wrote:
Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:37 pm
Rohiniranjan wrote:

Alas....

RishiRahul
At my first workplace, starting at a junior level, when we were forced to relocate to a new workplace, I had accumulated 17 Banker's Boxes full of documents, reprints, etc. Was a difficult move, since I was on assignment, elsewhere but had friends who cared and packed and moved all that stuff for me! <OH HOW SHWEET...!>

At my next move in workplace, I made sure I had downsized by then, some 8 years later and was down to 9 or so boxes.

Then the powers who decide these moves and spring on us ill-informed servile types -- did their number again, and I cut down the carry-on luggage to 3 boxes while distributing without actually discarding the rest of the painstakingly collected information and sharings...

Finally, I retired, with just a single box or two, and those were filled with kind messages, little gifts and mementos and an album caringly collated by a true friend and well-wisher which if my will gets followed, shall accompany me during my final journey in this lifetime.

I am not dying, but if TIME is an illusion, then we all are dying, some day, either on earth or on Mars or on that moon of Saturn, if Hawking's postage stamp laser driven does become a reality in next decade or two...?

Dear Dada!,

Great hearing from you...And Really so..!
Wisdom words, and such experiences shared always seem to appease my inner self.

Yes, I too have been successfully striving to reduce personal baggage at home and during travel. This process not only reduces 'clutter', but also helps make life simpler, and expectations more realistic and practical.

I have about two years to retire from full time occupation, and eagerly looking forward...

Rishi
RishiRahul.com

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:21 am

Looks like it is back again to us TWO BONGS? :smt026
Never a dull moment? Just like old times!

And they claim, "Change is CONSTANT?"

Obama kept repeating CHANGE CHANGE CHANGE!
He GOT what he kept asking for!! Change = Trump!!

You should see his chart! Rather unique and interesting, just as Donald DADA is...! ;-)

The Vedic lady astrologer (Name escapes me ATM, senior moment...?) wrote a chapter on Don Trump in Dick Houk's anthology by 36 authors. One of the best modern classics/compendium that has crossed my desk in the past 3 decades or so!
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:26 pm

Rohiniranjan wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:21 am
Looks like it is back again to us TWO BONGS? :smt026
Never a dull moment? Just like old times!

And they claim, "Change is CONSTANT?"

Obama kept repeating CHANGE CHANGE CHANGE!
He GOT what he kept asking for!! Change = Trump!!

You should see his chart! Rather unique and interesting, just as Donald DADA is...! ;-)

The Vedic lady astrologer (Name escapes me ATM, senior moment...?) wrote a chapter on Don Trump in Dick Houk's anthology by 36 authors. One of the best modern classics/compendium that has crossed my desk in the past 3 decades or so!
Yup Dada,

Thats quite correct about Bongs..!

Yes, Donald Trumps chart is unique and interesting as his personality is.

His body language and voice tells me that he's too direct; supported by his straight pinky finger, with the top phalange looking forward.
Unafflicted, strong Mercury in the chart gracing jupiter.....

The debilitated moon and debilitated Mars having house exchange; how both are supporting and lifting each other.

And his Arudha Lagna is Narendra Modi's ascendant.........

Could I/we get access to the chapter on Don Trump in Dick Houk's anthology?

Rishi
RishiRahul.com

Pravin Kumar

Post by Pravin Kumar » Sat Dec 30, 2017 2:05 pm

Icha Mukt insaan ko Mukti mil jaati hai. Once a Disciple of Satya Sai Baba asked HIM what is the secret to lead a Happy Life. HE said reduce all the weight of assets which lie above your head. The more you reduce the more you will be happy.

Pravin Kumar
For detailed palm reading and spiritual guidance Consult at: pravinjsoni97@hotmail.com

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Sun Dec 31, 2017 5:26 am

Pravin Kumar wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2017 2:05 pm
Icha Mukt insaan ko Mukti mil jaati hai. Once a Disciple of Satya Sai Baba asked HIM what is the secret to lead a Happy Life. HE said reduce all the weight of assets which lie above your head. The more you reduce the more you will be happy.

Pravin Kumar

Pravin ji,

You mean the ceiling fan and have an open ceiling??

Rishi
RishiRahul.com

Pravin Kumar

Post by Pravin Kumar » Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:51 am

Hahahahahahah.

Well you take it that way. When you have tremendous assets you think about again and again and make calculations and permutations and combinations of all you have and much more that you want to have. All this weighs on your mind i.e. the Head . So weight on the Head increases. This is only a Figure of Speech. Once you start reducing that you start getting happiness.

I am not earning since a long long time -- for more than 10 years now and I am very happy. It is a state of mind. One can train one's mind to be happy but that is easier said than done. Lesser the desires, lesser the assets, lesser the wealth, more the happiness. Try it and then you will know the meaning of this.

Pravin Kumar
For detailed palm reading and spiritual guidance Consult at: pravinjsoni97@hotmail.com

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:01 pm

Pravin Kumar wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:51 am
Hahahahahahah.

Well you take it that way. When you have tremendous assets you think about again and again and make calculations and permutations and combinations of all you have and much more that you want to have. All this weighs on your mind i.e. the Head . So weight on the Head increases. This is only a Figure of Speech. Once you start reducing that you start getting happiness.

I am not earning since a long long time -- for more than 10 years now and I am very happy. It is a state of mind. One can train one's mind to be happy but that is easier said than done. Lesser the desires, lesser the assets, lesser the wealth, more the happiness. Try it and then you will know the meaning of this.

Pravin Kumar
Pravin dada,

I know exactly what you mean. It is the third ashram in life and preparatory for the fourth ashram of sanyaasa! In yuga terms also there are concordances to the ashrams and varna classification in eastern culture!
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:36 pm

Pravin Kumar wrote:
Hahahahahahah.

Pravin Kumar
Rohiniranjan wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:01 pm
Pravin Kumar wrote:
Hahahahahahah.

Pravin Kumar
Pravin dada,

I know exactly what you mean. It is the third ashram in life and preparatory for the fourth ashram of sanyaasa! In yuga terms also there are concordances to the ashrams and varna classification in eastern culture!

Ah! Just a well timed :smt031 jest for the HAPPY NEW YEAR! :smt026 :smt041

Rishi
RishiRahul.com

Return to “Inspirations And Words For Today”