IF YOU ARE READING THIS, PLEASE LET ME KNOW!

Post your thoughts and views here.

Moderators: shalimar123, eye_of_tiger, suzisco

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

IF YOU ARE READING THIS, PLEASE LET ME KNOW!

Post by eye_of_tiger » Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:27 am

TO ALL MEMBERS

Mystic board has now been completely free of any new postings for quite a while, and during that time I have still not had heard anything from Swetha.

I have not heard from her for nearly 3 months.

At this stage I want to find out which of our readers and other members are still loyal enough to be monitoring the forums, in the rapidly fading hope that a miracle will occur, sooner rather than much later.

I will monitor any postings made to this thread over the next couple of weeks, and add your names to a list which will form part of a final appeal to her to either let us know if there is any chance of her returning to us, or whether it is time to admit that this is no longer going to work, and that is not fair on anyone to continue as we have been doing, particularly since the forum software was updated (but actually going back to before Christmas last year).

Please do not make any "helpful" suggestions (even with the best of intentions) about me taking over the site and running it myself, until Swetha returns.

This was never my plan right from the start (either temporary or permanent), and I thought that I had already made that crystal clear in my earlier postings.

Whatever happens, I wish you all the very best of health, happiness and success for the future.

Regards,

Brian
Last edited by eye_of_tiger on Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: To turn this into a global announcement

cedars
Tarot reader

Re: IF YOU ARE READING THIS, PLEASE LET ME KNOW!

Post by cedars » Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:29 am

Hello Brian,
I do log in to see what is happening and if any new postings and/or reading requests...
The most recent one I have seen so far is the above posting by your good self.
In fact, I was going to PM you on the general state of MB, but having seen this thread I am now responding in public.

Yes, i do come here to just look around.. and each time there is a glimmer of hope that there would be some activity, but, alas, none, rien, nicht, nothing.

It is funny how the site started going downhill since the software was changed. Before that, we were getting on just fine.

As for Swetha's lack of response, Oh, well, what can I say?

I wonder how long we, the readers, can continue coming here just to check how things are and what, if any, is happening to the site. Sooner or later and gradually the interest will die down..... I hope not.

Your perseverance to keep the hope alight is very much appreciated.
All the best.
Cedars

Talia

Post by Talia » Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:31 pm

I am here too, I pop in and hope and then leave with a knot in my stomach.

Count me in :)

(((((((Hugs))))))))

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:01 pm

Hey Guys,

I too check MB nearly on daily a basis. But always am hopefully hoping that We come Alive....!

And thanks guys for having the patience.....Any suggestions?

Rishi
http://www.rishirahul.com
Astro-Palmist & Numerologist
Accurate timings & solutions to specific questions

Pravin Kumar

Post by Pravin Kumar » Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:35 pm

Rishiji,

I have come here after a long time and posted 6 to 7 posts today. What is the problem with Swethaji. Is she not well?

You remember I spoke to you about her and her husband about 10 years back.

Pravin Kumar
For detailed palm reading and spiritual guidance Consult at: pravinjsoni97@hotmail.com

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Post by eye_of_tiger » Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:19 pm

What is the problem with Swethaji. Is she not well?
Pravin,

I have answered that question for you, through a private message.

Regards,

Brian :smt045

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Mon Dec 25, 2017 12:27 am

RishiRahul wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:01 pm
Hey Guys,

I too check MB nearly on daily a basis. But always am hopefully hoping that We come Alive....!

And thanks guys for having the patience.....Any suggestions?

Rishi
YA YA, BIG BRO Rishi ;-)

When this forum suddenly did its switch-a-roo from old site to this new site, I too wondered what occurred!
I was between moves at several levels so lost track, but then found you all again? Well MOST of BOTH of You (U NO WHO U R?), but my ancient (in cyber-years-age) CompuServe NewAge Forum experience taught me well earlier in circa 1990s that it ain't over until the FAT LADY sings?

Swetha, you I have always intuitively sensed as the LEO (SIMHA) Lioness here!

I kind of KNOW and my GUT tells me that whatever you are up to or whatever you have plans for this PRIDE of yours, MA knows best!

Even Tigers would not understand -- ?

Maybe my D9 lagna is Leo, hence when it comes to cats, BIGGER THE BETTER, I know that Astrologically-speaking (Is there any other REALITY or REFERENCE POINT?) -- MA KNOWS BEST...!

Lots of LOVE and May (the year, not the month!) 2018 prove to be better and better and the dwellers in the Cyber-Net Jungle of Internet realize that IT AIN'T OVER UNLESS MA SINGS SO...!

Blessings of MA to ALL!!
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:07 am

Dear Dada & Pravin ji,

Lets hope and wish MB comes up again, as we All wish........

Cheers!!! :) And Happy New Year!!!!

Rishi

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Tue Dec 26, 2017 11:03 pm

RishiRahul wrote:
Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:07 am
As far as I can see, since I found the relocated forum again, the forum has been up and functional. I say that all the postings made come up right away, edit function works flawlessly and with zero delay etc. Threads seem to remain intact etc. So, whether present, absent or busy, the operators have provided the platform [ADEQUATELY] and it is functional.

What seems to be missing are the members and participants, so perhaps instead of bugging and pestering the absent (probably busy) owner and Administrator, we should hope, wish, pray that the members and participants who had been falling off the MB train, and probably busy with life or its myriad attractions and distractions, do manage to get back on board again (no pun intended).

What I am stating, does it not make sense and sound simply logical and factual? :smt004
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Fri Dec 29, 2017 1:53 pm

Rohiniranjan wrote:
Tue Dec 26, 2017 11:03 pm
RishiRahul wrote:
As far as I can see, since I found the relocated forum again, the forum has been up and functional. I say that all the postings made come up right away, edit function works flawlessly and with zero delay etc. Threads seem to remain intact etc. So, whether present, absent or busy, the operators have provided the platform [ADEQUATELY] and it is functional.

What seems to be missing are the members and participants, so perhaps instead of bugging and pestering the absent (probably busy) owner and Administrator, we should hope, wish, pray that the members and participants who had been falling off the MB train, and probably busy with life or its myriad attractions and distractions, do manage to get back on board again (no pun intended).

What I am stating, does it not make sense and sound simply logical and factual? :smt004

Dada,

You are very correct that the forum is very much functional. The only problem noticeable is that notifications are not going to members and participants.

And yes! What you are stating is very much true that WE are functional; ie: MB is functional!! :)

Rishi

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:13 pm

RishiRahul wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2017 1:53 pm
Rohiniranjan wrote:
Tue Dec 26, 2017 11:03 pm
RishiRahul wrote:

Dada,

You are very correct that the forum is very much functional. The only problem noticeable is that notifications are not going to members and participants.

And yes! What you are stating is very much true that WE are functional; ie: MB is functional!! :)

Rishi
MOST IMPORTANTLY, the members and participants are MISSING. But that has been the case for quite a long time, at least in the Vedic astrology area.
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

Talia

Post by Talia » Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:34 am

Happy New Year to you all, I hope that you have all had a happy festive season :)

Pravin Kumar

Post by Pravin Kumar » Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:30 pm

Dear EOT.

I have asked 5 to 6 persons to post their palm prints in this group. Please admit them as soon as they register so that I can give readings and the group starts moving. There has to be activity here and then everything will gradually pick up.

Pravin Kumar
For detailed palm reading and spiritual guidance Consult at: pravinjsoni97@hotmail.com

Pravin Kumar

Post by Pravin Kumar » Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:54 am

Dear EOT<

When I invite others to post their palm prints in this group by sending them the link I find there mentioned: You cannot post new topics in this forum, You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Then how will people post their request for getting their palms read.

Pravin Kumar

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Post by eye_of_tiger » Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:31 pm

I have asked 5 to 6 persons to post their palm prints in this group. Please admit them as soon as they register so that I can give readings and the group starts moving. There has to be activity here and then everything will gradually pick up.
Pravin,

Not being able to register new members is my main problem.

And it has been the most serious and urgent issue, since the forum software was updated.

I have no way of telling which of the up to 90 applicants per day is genuine.

Although many are clearly NOT!

I cannot manually add new members, by request.

When I do approve registration the notifications are not being sent, so I have sent them instead manually through my own email address.

The result is always the same.

That person never appears on the forums.

It is a fact that since the software was updated and the site moved that I have never been able to successfully register one new member who then posts to the forums.

Without the support of Swetha who has not communicated with me since late July of 2017, and particularly her technically knowledgeable friend who updated the software then mysteriously disappeared never to be heard of again, I lack both the knowledge and web experience to correct this.

With my own health rapidly deteriorating daily I must confess that for certain periods I have temporarily disabled registration, as I have nobody else to share the constant and apparently pointless job of sorting through hundreds of applicants, only to discover that when I do approve them nothing comes of it.

I thank those of you who have offered advice about how this could be done, but at present I am the only person who can do it, and my physical and mental condition will not allow this to happen. This is BTW the reason why I am no longer giving readings, or taking any active part in discussions as I did during better times.

In my opinion in the absence of any practical solutions, our best bet is to try to attract existing members back to the site. In other words unless something technically miraculous can be done soon, that we should remain a closed community.

I know that this is not an ideal solution and it has been said many times that without a constant stream of new members any online community's days are numbered, but the only alternative is for me to disable the boards, and hope that this extreme action forces Swetha back into the equation.

Which of course means that none of you will be able to access the boards, as you are now.

In the meantime while Swetha or somebody who I do not know about continues to pay the monthly hosting fees, I will try my best to administer MB as a closed community, as long as my health permits.

But the day when my health no longer permits this is getting closer.

One of my major emotional stressors since the site was updated has been to have to watch Mystic Board sink into oblivion, and feel completely powerless and inadequate to do anything practical to prevent it from occurring.

For quite a while MB has been an important part of my life's work and purpose (outside of my own family), and it is going to be challenging to replace, if or when it is no more.

Whatever happens, I want you all to know that I would miss you terribly if MB disappeared, and that it has been my great pleasure and privilege to have you as my friends, as well as to be accepted as a valued member of the site helper team.

All the best in life for you and your family in 2018, and well beyond.

Brian

PS: If you could send me a private message containing a list of the exact user names and email addresses to watch out for, I will approve them, but I cannot guarantee that it will make any difference. Only when I see one of them appear and start posting their palmistry reading requests on the palmistry reading forum, will I be convinced that this is possible. I will also be sure that the registration dialogue is enabled, as soon as I get your list. Cheers.

Return to “General Discussion”