What're the ग्रह combinations which makes a person an "Efficient Astrologer"?

For vedic astrology discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, RishiRahul

Spirit Seeker

What're the ग्रह combinations which makes a person an "Efficient Astrologer"?

Post by Spirit Seeker » Sat Mar 03, 2018 5:19 pm

नमः शिवाय,
I'd request Astrologers to check my horoscope & predict, If i learn this ज्योतिष शास्त्रम्, will my predictions go right? You can mention it without any hesitation because the people shouldn't get wrong readings from me, I've an interest to learn it & want to do as a free service :smt056 . So, I'd request you to provide an Astrological reason for which I'm fit or unfit. 🤔
Thanks

Here's my birth information:
Date of birth: January 7th 1996
Time of birth: 06:33 A. M.
Place of birth: Warangal

Spirit Seeker
:)
Last edited by Spirit Seeker on Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Re: What're the ग्रह combinations which makes a person an "Efficient Astrologer"?

Post by RishiRahul » Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:34 pm

Spirit Seeker wrote:
Sat Mar 03, 2018 5:19 pm
नमः शिवाय,
I'd request Astrologers to check my horoscope & predict, If i learn this ज्योतिष्य शास्त्रम्, will my predictions go right? You can mention it without any hesitation because the people shouldn't get wrong readings from me, I've an interest to learn it & want to do as a free service :smt056 . So, I'd request you to provide an Astrological reason for which I'm fit or unfit. 🤔
Thanks

Here's my birth information:
Date of birth: January 7th 1996
Time of birth: 06:33 A. M.
Place of birth: Warangal

Spirit Seeker
:)
Follow your heart is the best thing to do, while choosing a profession at your age, keeping in mind the economics of proffession in this materially driven world.

I am not doing a post mortem on your birth charts propensity for astrology studies; but the second house is important for such.
You have Venus, mercury and Mars there.

While your amatyakarak is Saturn, which replaces the atmakarak,Venus.
9th. lord Sun with 4th lord Jupiter in Lagna +saiva pravrajya yoga etc.

An innovative mind too. Your problem being lofty, unrealistic ambitions
Astrology may be strongly indicated.

Keep the above in mind, and let time guide you.

good luck,

RishiRahul
RishiRahul.com
Astro-Palmist & Numerologist
Accurate timings & solutions to specific questions

Spirit Seeker

Re: What're the ग्रह combinations which makes a person an "Efficient Astrologer"?

Post by Spirit Seeker » Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:29 pm

नमः शिवाय,
RishiRahul ji, thanks for your patience in analyzing my asked query.
RishiRahul wrote:
Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:34 pm
Follow your heart is the best thing to do, while choosing a profession at your age, keeping in mind the economics of profession in this materially driven world.
Yes, right now I'm pursuing one of my "passion" by ईश्वरेच्छ, I like Children, Mathematics, nature & its laws (Physics), Music & संस्कृतम्. Mathematics & Physics are one of my passion. Right now I'm pursuing M.Sc. in Physics in a very good college around practiced (well versed teachers) people. I want to become a Physics teacher. So, i don't have any worry on my profession, my passion is just taking me forward, but right now, I'm little deviated!
I'm little curious to know the Astrological reason in my horoscope which will or will not make an efficient Astrologer, that's it.
RishiRahul wrote:
I am not doing a postmortem on your birth charts propensity for astrology studies; but the second house is important for such.
You have Venus, Mercury and Mars there.
So, I think it'll help, finger crossed!
But, my Shadbala of 2nd house (its Bhaava bala) is low when compared with all other houses.
RishiRahul wrote:
While your amaatyakarak is Saturn, which replaces the atmakarak,Venus.
9th lord Sun with 4th lord Jupiter in Lagna +saiva travrajya yoga etc.

good luck,

RishiRahul
Yes, I'll keep it in my mind.

I've no idea on what is Shaiva travrajya yoga! Is it Pravrajya or Travrajya!?

As I've told that i want to do Astrology as a free service after learning it, here's my little observations on why my thoughts are taking me like this:
I've 12th lord exalted in 2nd in 9th lord's constellation.
We know that 12th lord & 12th house is about expenses. It's exalted in 2nd house (house of wealth) as it's in 9th lord Surya's (उत्तराशाढ) constellation. 9th house & 9th lord represents Dharma. 9th lord is with Ascendant lord Jupiter in Ascendant. So, this placement says that loss of wealth through dhaarmic deeds.

Thanks
Spirit Seeker

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:50 pm

Spirit Seeker wrote:
Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:29 pm
नमः शिवाय,
RishiRahul ji, thanks for your patience in analyzing my asked query.
RishiRahul wrote:
Follow your heart is the best thing to do, while choosing a profession at your age, keeping in mind the economics of profession in this materially driven world.
Yes, right now I'm pursuing one of my "passion" by ईश्वरेच्छ, I like Children, Mathematics, nature & its laws (Physics), Music & संस्कृतम्. Mathematics & Physics are one of my passion. Right now I'm pursuing M.Sc. in Physics in a very good college around practiced (well versed teachers) people. I want to become a Physics teacher. So, i don't have any worry on my profession, my passion is just taking me forward, but right now, I'm little deviated!
I'm little curious to know the Astrological reason in my horoscope which will or will not make an efficient Astrologer, that's it.
RishiRahul wrote:
I am not doing a postmortem on your birth charts propensity for astrology studies; but the second house is important for such.
You have Venus, Mercury and Mars there.
So, I think it'll help, finger crossed!
But, my Shadbala of 2nd house (its Bhaava bala) is low when compared with all other houses.
RishiRahul wrote:
While your amaatyakarak is Saturn, which replaces the atmakarak,Venus.
9th lord Sun with 4th lord Jupiter in Lagna +saiva travrajya yoga etc.

good luck,

RishiRahul
Yes, I'll keep it in my mind.

I've no idea on what is Shaiva travrajya yoga! Is it Pravrajya or Travrajya!?
RishiRahul= Pravrajya. I have corrected it above. Sorry for the typo.

As I've told that i want to do Astrology as a free service after learning it, here's my little observations on why my thoughts are taking me like this:
I've 12th lord exalted in 2nd in 9th lord's constellation.
We know that 12th lord & 12th house is about expenses. It's exalted in 2nd house (house of wealth) as it's in 9th lord Surya's (उत्तराशाढ) constellation. 9th house & 9th lord represents Dharma. 9th lord is with Ascendant lord Jupiter in Ascendant. So, this placement says that loss of wealth through dhaarmic deeds.
RishiRahul=May or may not be...

Thanks
Spirit Seeker
RishiRahul
RishiRahul.com
Astro-Palmist & Numerologist
Accurate timings & solutions to specific questions

Spirit Seeker

Post by Spirit Seeker » Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:35 pm

नमः शिवाय|
Okay
Last edited by Spirit Seeker on Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:31 pm

So called scriptural texts in jyotish are generally compendia of combinations of all kinds. A fair number of these seem to follow logical threads and reasoning and so folks who are seeking logical links in jyotish are often drawn to these and tend to believe these as always applicable. It is true that sometimes these do seem to fit the real situations. However, when pursued with a healthy dose of scepticism these often do not pan out as expected.

Using a software that includes pattern-identification to identify combinations (yoga finders etc are very good learning (and unlearning?) tools. Even in ordinary charts sometimes classical combinations get identified, but the observed does not match the expected.

On the one hand this tends to be a damper on the learner particularly if one is given to seeing combinations as the be all end all, but it is helpful as exercises and self-learning goes?
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Tue Apr 03, 2018 11:55 pm

A collection of articles penned by folks and those include my views on modern jyotish and its concepts and biases, its strengths and weaknesses, of the craft and its craftsmen...?

http://www.boloji.com/index.cfm?md=Cont ... egoryID=11
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:02 am

Busy folks with other preoccupations ahead? I wrote especially for logical folks like you...!

http://www.boloji.com/articles/1072/myths-in-jyotish
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

Spirit Seeker

Post by Spirit Seeker » Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:03 am

नमः शिवाय|
Rohiniranjan Ji, sorry for the delayed reply as I've visited just now & thanks for the links!
Last edited by Spirit Seeker on Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Spirit Seeker

Post by Spirit Seeker » Sat Apr 07, 2018 5:44 pm

नमः शिवाय|
Yeah, I agree there are lot of combinations in my chart that says that I'm more emotional, materialistic & not concentrating on supreme (God) things!
& I'm sure that I shall & will overcome one day! :smt023
Last edited by Spirit Seeker on Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Spirit Seeker

Post by Spirit Seeker » Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:10 pm

नमः शिवाय!
Dear members, I'd like to know how Rāhu-Ketu will help to make a person learn & be proficient in Jyotiṣaśāstram!
Thanks
Last edited by Spirit Seeker on Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Spirit Seeker

Post by Spirit Seeker » Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:31 pm

नमः शिवाय!
Yaayy, again Sagittarius here :smt003
I've found some powerful combinations for to learn Astrology & to be a proficient in it. :smt002
Some are as follows:
  • If Ātmakāraka is in 11th house or the 11th lord or connected with 5th lord
Reason: 5th is 7th (a Kāma sthāna) to 11th. 5th is natural zodiac sign for Sun who is the Kāraka for Jyotiṣam. It means from soul level (i.e., from Ātmakāraka) we will be having desire to learn this divine śāstram. (desire because 5th house is 7th house from 11th house) that's why our soul i.e., Ātmakāraka should be connected with 11th, 5th. Here aspects should be taken as Rāśi dṛuśti (I think so) Since for analyzing AK, AmK we will take only those aspects. Desire has to do with the opposite from that zodiac as 7th aspect is a Kāma dr̥ṣti!
However, from Sun, Moon, lagna, pakalagna should also be checked!
  • From Sun, 4th lord should be connected with a fiery Graha
More time will be dedicated to Jyotiṣam
I've seen this combination in Prof B.V. Raman's chart, Pandit Sunjay Rath Ji's chart.
Interestingly it is there in my chart too! :smt006 I've to concentrate! Jyotiṣam actually opens our true eye! It is Spiritual, but we shouldn't attach to the philosophy behind it or with the knowledge after learning this! (I'm telling this to myself! :smt003 ) we need to concentrate on our inner self that's what Jyotiṣam will show.
  • 5th lord should be linked with either Mars or Sun or 12th house!
  • 11th house is the house of Jyotiṣam! It is 8th house from the 4th house & also 4th house from the 8th house, 11th house represents intuition
Interestingly, 11th house is the house where Guru sits, since 11th is 3rd house from 9th house. 3rd is Guru Upadeśa.

If I know further, I'll share it here!

Before that I'd like to know, How Rāhu-Ketu will help to make a person learn & to be proficient in Jyotiṣaśāstram!!!???
Thanks in anticipation
Spirit Seeker! :smt026

Spirit Seeker

Post by Spirit Seeker » Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:09 pm

Mahaṛṣi Jaimini kṛta upadeśa sūtra!
Sūtra 106: Gurunas ravid granthikascan / kaschana or kāscana depending upon the gender!
If Guru joins the Kārakāmśa or the 5th from it, he will be an all-round man and will know many branches of knowledge, well read in sciences and author of various works. He becomes a versatile genius.
Here Granthās could be so many sacred Śāstrās includes Math & Sciences as well :)

But sadly in Sūtra 107 Mahaṛṣi says: Nā Vāgmi ...oops

In Sūtra 108: Yiśiṣyāvyākaraṇo Vedavedāntavicha

If Guru joins Kārakāmśa or the 5th from it, the person becomes learned in Vyākaraṇa or Grammar, Vedic literature and Vedāñgās. Icha means desire in the above Sūtram.
All the Añgās of Vedāñgās will be interested namely: Śikṣa, Vyākaraṇa, Chandas, Nirukta, Kalpa & Jyotiṣam!
Nirukta means etymology.

Sūtra 113: Ravīna Vedāta gītagnasca
If Ravi combines in 1st or 5th of Kārakāmśa, the person will become a great Vedāntin and musician.

There is another Sūtra by Mahaṛṣi which says that the above are valid from 2nd from Kārakāmśa as well!

Mahaṛṣi also emphasizes the Grahās which are 2nd from Kārakāmśa as well.

PS: Sūtrās by Jaimini Mahaṛṣi from his upadeśa sūtra are very very critical!!! Understanding his Sūtrās needs experience.

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:51 am

Dear S.S.,

Nice postings you have been sharing lately. Thanks!

Regarding Karakamsa, although the amsa is determined in navamsa, some jyotishis have stated that the inter-planetary relationships etc should be examined in the navamsa chart, while others have recommended such an examination also in the rashi (D1) chart. So if atmakaraka is in leo navamsa, for instance, one should examine the planetary distributions from leo in D1 (and D9). Would appreciate hearing your thoughts on this.

Thanks.
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

Spirit Seeker

Post by Spirit Seeker » Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:15 pm

नमः शिवाय!
Rohiniranjan wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:51 am
Nice postings you have been sharing lately. Thanks!
No mention :smt003
Rohiniranjan wrote:
Regarding Karakamsa, although the amsa is determined in navamsa,
Yup!
Rohiniranjan wrote:
some jyotishis have stated that the inter-planetary relationships etc should be examined in the navamsa chart, while others have recommended such an examination also in the rashi (D1) chart.
Without any doubt I completely agree!!!
Rohiniranjan wrote:
for instance, one should examine the planetary distributions from leo in D1 (and D9).
As you already aware of that Kārakāmśa is to be seen in Rāśi only since that's how Mahaṛṣi Jaimini has defined!
Rohiniranjan wrote:
Would appreciate hearing your thoughts on this.
Oh! sure, why not!? :smt003 By the way, I'm writing the following by eating famous Haldirams! So, don't be envious while reading! :smt044

Dear Rohiniranjan Ji, as you already know & I'm again mentioning to emphasize the fact that I'm still at learning stage. So, the following description is solely based on my experience, my speculation & also by other knowledgeable people.

Rohiniranjan Ji, as everyone knows that Rāśi is 1st (it's physical) & thus it is primary. Now, for the internal things I feel that we need to see from Ātmakāraka, Sun, Pāka lagna & also from the present Daśa lord. It is imperative that if we need to analyze the things internally divisional charts are very very important (combined with D-1!!!). In that we all know every Bhāva in Navāmśa is Bhāgyam (fortune, real fortune)! Indeed Mahaṛṣi Parāśara himself has given 5 points in Vimśopaka bala! It seems that we can study this chart independently!... Here I'm not gonna debate like how aspects are valid, how conjunctions are valid! 1st before to question all these we need to understand why 1/9th part is defined for Bhāgya, even I know this why is it so, but the understanding is concerned, I feel it is still vague! Even people comments on combustion, but are Grahās really getting burnt physically w.r.t. Earth frame of reference!? Thus, I'll take the dictum in internal (divisional charts as it is!) combustion meaning conjunction in varga charts (I'm taking like this, but will change my perspective if i find some valid reason). Because, I'm feeling that the combustion is from the inner Kārakatvās of that particular Graha in Vargās!

I'd like to talk from my experience w.r.t. my horoscope
As you've already know
Rohiniranjan wrote:
for instance, one should examine the planetary distributions from leo in D1 (and D9).
Now, let me quote from scripture itself:
Spirit Seeker wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:09 pm
Sūtra 106: Gurunas ravid granthikascan / kaschana or kāscana depending upon the gender!
If Guru joins the Kārakāmśa or the 5th from it, he will be an all-round man and will know many branches of knowledge, well read in sciences and author of various works. He becomes a versatile genius.
I've this position in my horoscope, now can we conclude that I'm versatile, genius, well versed in Sciences or Śāstrās (correct term to use over here)?
Nope! Not at all! Not because it is given in the sacred book, I really have interested in Vedās & all the 6 Vedāñgās. But proficiency has to do with several other factors! If you see my D-9 my Ātmakāraka is in Leo! From there, Jupiter is in Gemini (It's an enemy sign). Not just that, if people see my horoscope, all will think that Oh nice 5th lord exalted & that too in 2nd! & also Mercury (Kāraka for speech) is in 2nd. But actually, Mercury is in stationary state! It's in one-fourth of it's original speed when I born. So, it will act more like Nakṣatra than like a Graha. Though good in one way! But when you see the same Mercury in Chaturvimśāmśa the D-24 chart. Chart of learning, Mercury is in Pisces! It is debilitated! Frankly speaking my grasping power is very very low! But I'm recovering with lots of practice! It takes so much of time to understand! Once understood, that's it! Not just that in my D-24, I'm blessed with debilitated Mercury, debilitated 4th, 5th lord Saturn & also with debilitated Jupiter! So, it's very weak chart when learning is concerned, but it doesn't mean I'm incapable, (I think that all the above 3 Grahās got nīcabhañga) I feel that those debilitated Grahās are actually helping me to work hard w.r.t. those Kārakatvās. But believe me, it takes hell lot of time. Okay, I shouldn't care how much time it'll take, I must do it independent of thinking all these things! What I feel is, debilitated Grahās as they aspect their exalted Rāśi with 7th aspect (Kāma dṛṣti)as time progress they are actually trying to desire to become perfection (since actual meaning of exaltation is being Sātvik w.r.t. those Kārakatvās). I feel so, it's just my speculation, so can't quote any verse :smt002 But our aim is not to become Sātvik! We need to become beyond all the 3 Gunās! (Sattvaguṇa, Rajoguṇa & Tamoguṇa) We need to elevate our soul!!! It'll come with persistent practice!... So, in a way D-1 helped me to give lot by giving "GOOD" opportunities.

I really thank god, that in my Vimśāmśa my lagna lord of D-1 is in Vargottama! Jupiter is in Sagittarius. But Ātmakāraka Venus debilitated in 2nd house! But Venus has scored 8 Aṣtakavarga score in D-20. But still it is debilitated. Even Sun is in debilitation. But from lagna Jupiter is in 5th glancing Ascendant with his 9th aspect. Being 8th lord & 5th lord it is good!) So, I need to work very very very hard!!! Yes I'll! & Importantly, I have to gain maturity! :smt017
I think all the points suffice to say that divisional charts (Vargās) play a very very crucial role in our lives by keeping a BIG EYE ON D-1! Should see, D-1 with relevant Varga chart! Only then we could minimize probabilities!
Ultimate Aim of Jyotiṣam is to become a Jyotiṣi! Meaning an enlightened soul! Becoming / Realizing one with Sun (Naisargika Ātmakāraka) / Paramātma. So, till realizing our soul we can't feel other's pain or anything! We can't understand anyone without realizing ourselves! So, in a positive way Jyotiṣam helps us to realize us! Thus it is Spiritual & Parāvidya!

Even in Navāmśa there are lot of modified versions. It seems that skills are to be ascertained from Nādi Navāmśa! So, all these things to be kept in mind while coming to the conclusion.
I think I've cleared, if anything else required from me!?

That's why I've asked, with 2nd house affliction predictions come true or not! Since Rāhu is aspecting 2nd house with his 5th aspect. But I think Moon's aspect & Venus, Mercury position helps!

FINALLY, I'd like to add a last point, Venus is my Ātmakāraka! My ego got affected a lot in just little span! It's not even Mahādaśa! It was just an Antardaśa under 7th/10th lord Mercury Mahādaśa. I've learnt a lot but I didn't gain any maturity! Just learned
Thanks
Last edited by Spirit Seeker on Fri Dec 21, 2018 7:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Vedic Astrology”