What are you thinking at this moment..part 2

Humour and games! A laugh a day keeps the doctor away. A little something to waste your time on and relax.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

swetha
Site Admin

Re: What are you thinking at this moment..part 2

Post by swetha » Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:49 am

feels good to be loved by friends you have never met but mean so much in your life :) like my dear MB friends! I appreciate the kind words of inspiration.

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Post by eye_of_tiger » Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:33 pm

:smt049 :smt049 :smt049 :smt049 :smt049 :smt049 :smt049 :smt049 :smt049 :smt049 :smt049 :smt049 :smt049

Dearest Swetha,

While we will probably never meet face to face during this current lifetime, we are forever deeply connected with each other in a spiritual sense.

Spiritual love transcends the physical distance between us, as well as transcending time itself.

Spiritual love is eternal!

As we equally are at the soul level.

Love and Light from your friend,

Brian

:smt049 :smt049 :smt049 :smt049 :smt049 :smt049 :smt049 :smt049 :smt049 :smt049 :smt049 :smt049 :smt049

swetha
Site Admin

Post by swetha » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:28 pm

what is it like to have a sunny Christmas?

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Post by eye_of_tiger » Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:47 pm

swetha wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:28 pm
I have very rarely experienced anything other than a hot and sunny Christmas, so I really have no way of personally comparing what it is like to what happens in other countries in the northern hemisphere and undergoing northern winter.

We need to depend on what we see on TV or in movies, or read about in Charles Dickens novels, to get any idea of what a white Christmas may be like.

Our Christmas spirit is probably much the same, but whereas people in the northern hemisphere are often rugged up to their eyeballs and trapped inside as their homes have been snowed in for six weeks or more, Australians on the other hand may celebrate their Christmas Day wearing few clothes, and with their air conditioners running at full capacity due to it being in the middle of a major heatwave with no relief in sight.

Some more risk taking Australians (but certainly not all) choose to spend their Christmas Day down on the beach in their bathers, with temperatures exceeding 38 degrees Celsius.

That is why the Cancer Council's slogan (as we have the highest incident of skin cancers in the world) is SLIP,SLOP, SLAP.

Slip on a shirt, slop on sunscreen and slap on a hat.

Not all of us migrate to the beach on the day, but if I were asked to come up with an image to tell people from other countries what the Australian experience of Christmas can be like for so many of us, SLIP, SLOP, SLAP would have to get my award.

Of course no Australian Christmas would be complete without a lot of food and drinks (including some alcohol) being consumed, but I believe that this is hardly unique to Aussies.

Merry Christmas to EVERYONE.

Brian :smt114

swetha
Site Admin

Post by swetha » Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:49 pm

eye_of_tiger wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:47 pm
swetha wrote:
I have very rarely experienced anything other than a hot and sunny Christmas, so I really have no way of personally comparing what it is like to what happens in other countries in the northern hemisphere and undergoing northern winter.

We need to depend on what we see on TV or in movies, or read about in Charles Dickens novels, to get any idea of what a white Christmas may be like.

Our Christmas spirit is probably much the same, but whereas people in the northern hemisphere are often rugged up to their eyeballs and trapped inside as their homes have been snowed in for six weeks or more, Australians on the other hand may celebrate their Christmas Day wearing few clothes, and with their air conditioners running at full capacity due to it being in the middle of a major heatwave with no relief in sight.

Some more risk taking Australians (but certainly not all) choose to spend their Christmas Day down on the beach in their bathers, with temperatures exceeding 38 degrees Celsius.

That is why the Cancer Council's slogan (as we have the highest incident of skin cancers in the world) is SLIP,SLOP, SLAP.

Not all of us migrate to the beach on the day, but if I were asked to come up with an image to tell people from other countries what the Australian experience of Christmas can be like for so many of us, SLIP, SLOP, SLAP would have to get my award.

Of course no Australian Christmas would be complete without a lot of food and drinks (including some alcohol) being consumed, but I believe that this is hardly unique to Aussies.

Lovely post Brian :)

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Mon Dec 31, 2018 5:03 am

eye_of_tiger wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:47 pm
swetha wrote:

HEY THERE...

Such an unkind post but I have experienced such christmases?

First 20+ some experienced around equatorial zone? Even sang in one Silent Night choir when in middle school?

Got so excited and welcome that the little innocent child showed up at catechism class where childhood friends belonged. Brother John got panicky and asked, "Why are you here? GO BACK HOME!!"

Since that was @ my birthplace, I was a bit confused (I WAS @ HOME, the teacher ;-) was NOT...?)

Did visit and lived at those domains where Brother John wanted the little innocent child to go...?

Whether in Australia, U.K., free Ireland, India, Africa, U.S.A., Netherlands or wherever, such is the power of Gregorian Calendar that January First means such a lot to the world, and yet we continue to celebrate additionally all the New Years, the chinese, the jewish, the burmese, the Indians, and the Bangaalis with our poylaa boishaakh?

Since Rishirahul Banerjee is admin or sub-admin, mostly silent/distracted, I am provoking him to educate us with bangla New Year so that this global community can reunite...?

Then there was Father Sebastien -- a veterinarian doctor who got called and became a catholic priest and became our zoology teacher? The scientist never forgot his mission and always progressive??

Little wonder that the world and science is today going gaa-gaa over genetics which was after all brought into our collective observance by a Priest who was a botanist and founded such meaning at some window-sill while growing and tending to pea-plants?

The LORD sure moves in mysterious ways, as His kids remain OPEN and smiling and in LOVE...
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Post by eye_of_tiger » Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:51 pm

Such an unkind post
Unkind?

Unkind to what, or who?

WARNING!

A COMMUNICATION AND COMPREHENSION BREAKDOWN IS IMMINENT!!!!!!!

Please explain.

Brian :smt017

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Tue Jan 01, 2019 5:20 pm

Relax my dear friend!
Unkind because I too, while growing up and living in India, used to enjoy the relatively mild Christmas. This year though where I am, we got sheets of ice and unfortunately I am not a skater and with my mobility impairment, even wearing spikes on my winter boots, it was a tough crawl on the icy exterior. We did not have a beach where I grew-up, but more I hear about beautiful but so distant Australia and New Zealand, that I fell prey to a modicum of envy!

Happy New Year to ALL...!
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Post by eye_of_tiger » Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:21 pm

What a relief this was to read. :smt002 :smt002

Be careful what you wish for with the weather in Australia, as we are no more immune from the consequences of climate change, than where you live.

These increasingly common extreme weather events, whether they are extreme cold or heat are definitely more difficult to adapt to as our bodies age.

Christmas Day 2018 was only the beginning of a killer heatwave which quickly engulfed most of the continent, with temperatures inland in some places nearing 50 degrees Celsius.

Here in Adelaide we topped 43 degrees (near the coast), which was 14 degrees above the average temperature for this time of the year.

The lazy, hazy, crazy days of summer (as in the song) are nowhere near as wonderful or welcome, as some (usually) younger and fitter people have suggested they are.

While our country's weather patterns appear to be at the opposite ends of the spectrum at this time of the year, I share in your pain.

Happy New Year 2U,

Brian :smt028

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Wed Jan 02, 2019 5:28 am

Two individuals born so far apart but on the same calendar so close to almost be time-twins?

Why doubts arise, from time to time, perhaps due to our somewhat different language skills? Yours achieved from the get go, in my case I had to struggle a bit more but thankfully arrived at the school perfect for my future...?

The more languages one forcefully strives to learn throughout lifetime (not every single one needs to be mastered...), the more the mind (even aging brains) opens up and remains supple and young...?

Each divinatory discipline is after all simply a language? Interpretations of a symbolic alphabet, be it the zodiacal, or Tarot or Healing Energies that are languages that can and DO speak to those who remain OPEN and willing to listen, or even that TUNE that arrives when we are most despondent and a NEW PRAYER EMERGES...?

EVEN as we were driving to WORK along on a river parkway or drive?

Never doubt, never FEAR -- AT least not at our advanced age and years of association... ?

Let the younger ones smirk and figure out their paths and recourses, we shall watch from our distant observation-points, two ancients ever so close!

Thank God you do not wear a watermelon helmet, that one really flummoxed me big time, decades ago and then his occasionally-showing up disciple too...!
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

swetha
Site Admin

Post by swetha » Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:37 am

43 deg on Christmas! wow!
@Rohiniranjan, please do not tease our watermelon admin.. he is lovely guy :)
Happy New Year to all of you.. Feels so good to be around you all.

swetha
Site Admin

Post by swetha » Sun Aug 06, 2023 9:13 am

how to revive this forum?

swetha
Site Admin

Post by swetha » Fri Aug 11, 2023 1:52 pm

Will it rain today?

Return to “Humour and Games”