Om Cernunnos Namaha

A forum that offers discussions on esoteric topics like demonology, magick, encounters, witchcraft, and all things spiritual or mystical in nature.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

erik

Om Cernunnos Namaha

Post by erik » Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:03 pm

Hey there,

I remember some mystic experiences which happened to me in October or November 2007, I was very spiritually charged and had a Kundalini experience from December 2006 on which lasted for a few weeks. That was in Radhadesh. At that time I woke up at 1.30am, took a shower, did pranayama (mystic breathing techniques) for one hour to concentrate the mind for chanting Hare Krishna, chanted my rounds and followed the morning program til 9am. I started with this somewhere in November 2006 till the end of December 2006. In Januari 2007 I participated with an intensive Atma Yoga Teachers Training Course which lated for 5 weeks. I think because I continued with spiritual life that I kept on getting experiences, here's what happened:

I was in my room in Rotterdam, for one or other reason I was lying on the floor and suddenly I heard somebody saying in my head: 'Chant this mantra', so I did chant this mantra which I chanted for a long time, Hare Krishna Hare Krishna Krishna Krishna Hare Hare, Hare Rama Hare Rama Rama Rama Hare Hare. Suddenly I saw, with my eyes closed, I saw the head of a man emerging in my inner eye with deerhorns on his head. I heard:

"Hertekop"

which is Dutch for

"Deerhead"

After that I saw and experienced the most lively scene from the past:

" I saw men dancing around a big campfire, I was there with them and I was dancing around the fire too, I heard the following mantra in my head, chanted and sung by the men in a most melodic was, it was beautiful:

I heard:

"Om Cernunnos Namaha, Om Cernunnos Namaha"

It lasted for 25 seconds or something like that.

Now I know that Cernunnos is the Western representation of Shiva, that is written in a few articles.

Cheers!
Last edited by erik on Thu Sep 21, 2023 11:53 am, edited 6 times in total.
Write down your dreams, you'll live twice !!

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Re: Om Cernunnos Namaha

Post by eye_of_tiger » Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:37 pm

Erik,

The man wearing the deer horns (antlers) on his head sounds to me as if he is a shaman.
The deer’s antlers are one of the characteristics that have made it the figure of a spiritual superiority, according to some. Like a crown, the antlers grow beyond its body, bringing it closer to the sky and making it sacred. In many cultures, the deer is a symbol of spiritual authority. During a deer’s life the antlers fall off and grow again and the animal is also a symbol of regeneration.
Source: http://www.faena.com/aleph/articles/not ... m-of-deer/

Brian :smt031

erik

Post by erik » Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:56 pm

Hey Brian,

interesting, could be, but since we were chanting Om Cernunnos Namaha, it seems that the deerhead might be representative for Cernunnos himself, but it is an interesting article, please see the picture in this link:

http://www.peplumtv.com/2014/05/shiva-a ... lated.html

Cheers!

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Post by eye_of_tiger » Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:39 am

Erik,

Yes symbols can take on very different meanings, when viewed through through the lens of any particular religion.

Archetypal Animals

Since humans are in a position higher than animals, the Swiss psychologist Carl Jung believed that mankind often looks to animals as symbolic. Many cultures throughout the ages have believed that certain animals represent creative forces, or even the gods.

It is indeed fascinating that two very different cultures, separated by both distance and time, have used remarkably similar symbols to represent divinity.

Brian

erik

Post by erik » Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:49 pm

Hey Brian,

yes, it is fascinating to see that those two cultures have simularities, I have read that the gods of the old Celtic religion came from the east, they were called the people of Danu - In Irish mythology, Danu is a hypothetical mother goddess of the Tuatha Dé Danann. The Tuath(a) Dé Danann also known by the earlier name Tuath Dé ("tribe of the gods"), are a supernatural race in Irish mythology.

It is believed that there are common roots of the Indian gods and the Celtic gods, see:

https://www.centrostudilaruna.it/europe ... indus.html

Interesting stuff!

Return to “Occult and Magick”