I believe that we need to do things differently, from now on

Post your thoughts and views here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

I believe that we need to do things differently, from now on

Post by eye_of_tiger » Fri Aug 30, 2019 5:52 am

There is a saying being circulated around the internet to the effect that if you continue to do things the same way as you have always done them, then do not act surprised if you keep getting the same results.

This is the more polite version of this common saying, but it is very true.

Mystic Board as well as several other psychic/spiritual websites (many of which have since disappeared) have used the time tested formula of a combination of discussion plus reading forums over many years, to attract new members, and to keep them coming back to the site on a fairly regular basis.

And why not?

If something is not broken, why try to fix it?

Unfortunately however I believe that this particular formula (used by itself) has passed its use by date.

The way which we have always done things on Mystic Board is simply no longer serving it's intended purpose. Which is to to help its members to live a happier, healthier and more successful life. Learning more about the psychic world and exchanging readings is therefore, merely a means to an end.

Now please do not misunderstand what I am saying here. :smt018

There are no plans to completely get rid of discussion forums, or to stop offering readings on Mystic Board.

But I feel that we can no longer depend entirely upon the old ways by themselves, to keep this site alive and active into 2020.

What I am suggesting is that in addition to the discussion and reading forums, we urgently need to make and keep our discussions much more practical in the future.

While I understand that some of you still enjoy debating abstract ideas and theories (many of them difficult to understand by anyone who does not comprehend the language being used), many of us are here in an attempt to solve our personal, real world, everyday life problems (or challenges).

By all means (as an example only) please continue to discuss the purposes of or concepts behind meditation as you perceive them, but at the same time spare a thought for those people who want to know exactly how meditation has improved YOUR happiness and health, and has given YOU greater success.

Another example would be for readers to tell others how and why they first became interested in using the Tarot, or Vedic Astrology as a practical way of solving their own personal problems. How well has this worked for YOU, in YOUR life?

In other words, get rid of the old and rigid teacher (where they teacher knows everything) - student (where the student knows nothing) relationship, and replace it with comparing notes with each other about what worked and did not work for YOU.

Where psychics, readers and healers destroy and discard the mistaken belief held by so many who come to us for help that we posses special abilities or powers, which THEY do not.

Could ALL new and not so new members please respond to this posting, if you would like to be a part of the solution to MB's poor survival chances, beyond the end of this year?

With everyone being an equal member of the site helper team.

Depending upon the amount (and nature) of the interest which is shown towards the contents of this thread between now and December 31st, will largely determine whether I will go ahead with the plans which I have in mind to revitalize our much loved community.

And if there is found to be a lack of interest (measured either through PMs, or under this thread) in making Mystic Board overall more practical and relevant to people's everyday lives, while keeping the discussion and reading forums active, then I will be resigning or retiring from my position as your co - administrator.

Because I have more than enough to cope with closer to home with other members of my family and my own personal and health issues, without the extra stress involved with co-administering this website. Coming to MB one morning after another with no new postings other than the inevitable spam is terribly diSPIRITing.

Regards and best wishes to all who are reading this,

Brian :smt015

swetha
Site Admin

Re: I believe that we need to do things differently, from now on

Post by swetha » Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:12 am

Hi Brian,
Don't go to sleep. You are one main reason this site is still alive. I will not make any more excuses but will work with you in improving this forum. Your idea is an excellent one :) So, let's go ahead!

Swetha

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Re: I believe that we need to do things differently, from now on

Post by eye_of_tiger » Mon Sep 02, 2019 1:32 am

Swetha,
So, let's go ahead!
I am going ahead with putting my plans into action.

Please read the following posting for more details about exactly what I have in mind, as my contribution.

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=93208

It is not so much the forums themselves which need improving.

It is much more to do with what is being posted on the forums (the content), not being practical enough.IMHO

Having said that, I do appreciate your kind offer of assistance.

Regards,

Brian :smt045

Return to “General Discussion”