Psychic Vampires

For Psychic discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Re: Psychic Vampires

Post by eye_of_tiger » Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:04 pm

You were giving him the message loud and clear that you would never allow him again to manipulate or hurt you.

In other words, you are beginning to stand up for yourself and to set limits on what you will allow other people to do, in what is your life to live as you see fit to do so.

This is definitely an important part of your healing.

With reference to my definition of a bog break (which is clearly very different from your own), I am talking specifically here about the dangers of you spending too much of your valuable time and energy each and every day, stewing in and over analyzing your emotions.

Setting limits and standing up for yourself is healthy and self affirming (keep it up, and do more of this), while stewing in and over analyzing your emotions is not healthy (needs to be itself limited), and could potentially undo all of the positive progress which you have made up until now.

Hoping that this makes my meaning clearer to you,

Brian :smt031

dhav

Post by dhav » Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:12 am

Yes I get what you are trying to tell me about bog break and it is true. This is playing on and on in my head and it is exhausting. It is like a radio playing and playing rewinding and replaying. I am not sure how to stop that. Maybe when the thoughts come out I should give it some love on and on or find something to take my mind off it. Phew... :smt015 :smt017
OnLy*I*LoVe*U~~I am a sweet Lovely Girl

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Post by eye_of_tiger » Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:33 pm

You cannot stop the thoughts coming, but you can learn (mainly through trial and error) not to become too attached to them.

Finding a temporary distraction is good, but it will always be just that.

TEMPORARY

One common mistake which all humans including myself are guilty of is that we believe that our thoughts are us.

They are NOT us!

Therefore we have the ability to decide which of these thoughts we will accept or reject and focus our energies upon, but it takes a lot of practise to do this.

As well as a lot of patience and compassion with ourselves.

Regards,

Brian :smt048

dhav

Post by dhav » Tue Nov 26, 2019 4:18 pm

Thank You Brian. :)
Willwork on it :smt006
OnLy*I*LoVe*U~~I am a sweet Lovely Girl

Return to “Psychic”