By any standard I'm late to the subjects found on this BB

Welcome to mysticboard.org. Introduce yourself to other members here. Invite your friends here and post your welcome messages.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

caliray

By any standard I'm late to the subjects found on this BB

Post by caliray » Fri Jan 31, 2020 3:23 pm

For about two years I've been trying to learn about the history and practices related to astrology and numerology. I've been drawn in particular to how these disciplines can be used to determine male/female compatibility and whether or not it's possible to avoid relationships doomed to failure from the outset because the two people simply are never going to be compatible. My passion for this comes from my own failed marriages. Something I hope to one day help people avoid.

At the moment I'm mostly focused on constructing a system to measure compatibility based on examining cases where Feng Shui, Biorythms and Life Path indicate a possible positive or negative future relationship.

I welcome any input from more experienced students of these subjects.

Regards,
Raymond a.k.a. caliray

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Re: By any standard I'm late to the subjects found on this BB

Post by eye_of_tiger » Fri Jan 31, 2020 10:23 pm

Raymond,
Introduce yourself to other members here
While this posting serves as a useful introduction to your main interests for being on Mystic Board, any input or discussion from or with "more experienced students of these subjects" must happen in the relevant discussion (non reading) forums.

Western Astrology Forum viewforum.php?f=44
Vedic Astrology Forum viewforum.php?f=43
Numerology forum viewforum.php?f=20
Feng Shui viewforum.php?f=27

We do not have a forum exclusively dedicated to the discussion of biorhythms, but I feel that they integrate well with Astrology and/or Numerology.

Thanks,

Brian :smt059

caliray

Post by caliray » Sat Feb 01, 2020 5:27 pm

Thanks for the links to the appropriate forums. After lots of searching online I realize that very little exists for biorythm information. The subject has faded from the popular culture for some reason. While many no longer question their existence and validity I've not found any substantial, recent research into them.

Raymond a.k.a caliray

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Post by eye_of_tiger » Sun Feb 02, 2020 12:25 am

Raymond,

Here is a small and very specific 2018 study of biorhythms.....

"The effect of biological rhythms and personality traits on the incidence of unsafe behaviors among bus drivers in Shiraz, Iran"

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5801607/

You probably already know about the online biorhythm calculator at:

https://www.biorhythmonline.com/

Finally take a look at the following website.

It explains why there is very little biorhythm research being done any more.

"Comprehensive review of biorhythm theory"

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9775660
This paper reviews 134 studies of biorhythm theory, both published and unpublished. 35 of those reported some support for biorhythm theory. Careful examination of these studies identified methodological and statistical errors that account for the claimed findings supporting the theory. Another 99 studies, covering many different variables, yielded no support. The conclusion is that biorhythm theory is not valid.
Brian :smt045

caliray

Post by caliray » Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:45 pm

Thanks again. I've read the article you reference. It is long on anecdotal "evidence" and short on facts. I do use the biorythmonline calculator. Since my interest lies in biorythm compatibility the results you get from that app gives you a number but I don't know how relevant it is for compatibility since I can't find how the calculations are done. I use Biorythm Calculator 2020 desktop software. I did a test using the biorythmonline app. Myself and a female. Emotional only to simplify the test. Her emotional for today is -98. Mine is +78. Both in the compatibility test is +43.

In Biorythm Calculator 2020 the numbers for emotional are her -97, me +83, combined +49. These results don't tell me much except they are reasonably close together. Interpretation is everything but finding case studies with interpretations and learning how to make sense of the numbers has proved difficult to find. The only extensive reference I've found is a book, long out of print, by Mort Gale (deceased) named Biorythm Compatibility. He gives extensive examples of cases and why he interprets the numbers the way he did.

Anyway, I will continue to look for others who are interested in the subject of biorythms.

Regards,
Raymond

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Post by eye_of_tiger » Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:45 pm

Hi Raymond,

Thank you for your feedback.

Yes even I have noticed that there does not seem to be much interpretation of quantitative biorhythm compatibility data going on these days.

I feel that this is largely because many people question based upon what little evidence there is about whether the theory of biorhythm compatibility of two people within a relationship is a valid and reliable indicator or predictor of whether the relationship will survive.

They therefore feel that pursuing the subject any further is a complete waste of time and effort.

Clearly you disagree.

But if you a forced to depend exclusively upon the interpretation of historical data in a long out of print book with a limited number of practical examples, it is going to be a significant challenge to get the theory widely accept enough to attract paying customers for a reading.

Assuming that you eventually want to get to the point of giving biorhythm compatibility readings.

You may not.

Some people prefer to confine their interest in the subject to pure research.

And leave the actual readings to someone else.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with this, and it does make sense

Few people are capable of successfully doing both research and readings, at the same time.

Don't let it get you down,

Brian :smt069

Return to “Introduce Yourself”