my first, some what cold reading, of a lady at work--looking for feedback, please.

For Tarot discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

BLouise

Post by BLouise » Sun Nov 05, 2006 1:07 am

HI Doris,
The new instructor has suggested to me that we should take readings from the Tarot reading forum.  I have volunteered to do two from that board.  You might try one or two from there ;)

Doris

Post by Doris » Sun Nov 05, 2006 5:01 am

Hi BLouise,

Thanks for that information, I will have a look at the Tarot Reading Forum.
It's quite funny because I can fix computers and know how to get them to do what I want, but I seem to constantly get lost in this forum world. I am never sure if I am posting information in the right places. Anyway I'll keep browsing.

thanks for all your help

Doris  :smt006

BLouise

Post by BLouise » Sun Nov 05, 2006 5:07 pm

No problem, Doris.  Let me know if you need anymore help.  Have you seen the new Tarot Textbook link yet?

George

blouise

Post by George » Sat Nov 11, 2006 11:59 am

BLouise wrote:I will miss the snow this year.  I just moved to the South (US) from Washington state and I am a little sad that I won't get to see snow in my yard :(  Hope you are well soon George!
for sure, thank you for taking the time to do this reading!  i thought what you read was good and very close to what i did which tells me that we are on the right track.  small difference in feeling and what might happen but overall the effect is the same and helping her create a good path to follow.  

i'm going to post a second reading of her, i did last week, so if you are feeling so inclined take a crack at it all input is welcomed!  It will be posted in this thread!  :)

tyl
:smt006
Common sense dictates there is no such thing as common sense.

George

Post by George » Sat Nov 11, 2006 12:13 pm

Doris wrote:Hi George,

I also hope you get well soon, here in Australia we don't get any snow, but I was born in Germany and I still remember the smell of a white christmas. Sometimes miss it. If you have any other readings we can practice with it would be great. I think doing reading for other people is very different than doing one for yourself.

Take care
Doris[/url]
i have a friend whos parents came from germany.  as an adult he taught himself german (took classes) and now speaks it as a second tongue.  just goes to show that you can teach an old dogs new tricks and there is hope for us learning late in life that we can indeed learn the tarot  :smt002   :smt004   he now goes to germany every year or every other year.  talks about the small towns and such, it really is a great discussions to have with him.  

anyway, back to cards...  :smt003

you come up with something intresting in your reading that i have to ask about.  with the page of swords you said, something about a telephone call, long distances.  i don't see that in any of my meaning for it anything that i have.   btw, there are long distance calls taking place through this move for her so not saying its wrong just wondering how you come about it!   :smt020

great job thanks for taking the time.

i'm going to post a second reading for her in this thread so if you want to take the time please do so.  all comments are welcomed!  :smt002

ttyl

George

the second reading for the lady at work

Post by George » Sat Nov 11, 2006 12:45 pm

the celtic cross
signifactor: queen of pentacles
card 1: 10 of cups
card 2: 5 of cups
card 3: 5 of wands
card 4: (Rev)  page of wands
card 5: 2 of pentacles
card 6: 8 of pentacles
card 7: 4 of pentacles
care 8: (rev) The Moon
card 9: The Magician
card 10: (rev) The Tower

a correction  that i need to make. it is not her brothere who owns the bussiness that wants her to come work for but her son. i'm not sure how i got that so wrong   :smt119

BLouise

Post by BLouise » Sat Nov 11, 2006 1:28 pm

George - I'll get working on this as soon as I finish the one for the Mystic Board that I volunteered for.  I think I've finished it I just need to find the time to get it posted :)
TTYL
“And the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.” – T.S. Elliot

George

Post by George » Sat Nov 11, 2006 2:42 pm

BLouise wrote:George - I'll get working on this as soon as I finish the one for the Mystic Board that I volunteered for.  I think I've finished it I just need to find the time to get it posted :)
TTYL
take your time... don't over do it and do it at your own pace! thanks in advance!  :smt004

ttyl

BLouise

Post by BLouise » Sun Nov 19, 2006 1:49 pm

Hi George,
I did an interpretation using a book called The Intant Tarot Reader.  I am curious to hear your feedback and how it compares to your interpretation.  Let me know:

What surrounds you – 10 Cups
You have an air of success around you.  You are in a place where you can attain a goal that can bring lasting personal success and domestic happiness.  You are respected.  A successful person may help or need help.

What blocks you – 5 Cups
Disappointment or rejection blocks progress.  You may feel like giving up but should not.  Denying disappointment may prevent you from leaving when you should.  A disappointed person may be the problem.

Your foundation – 5 Wands
Crucial to your situation is your ability to compete while respecting your opponent.  Even though you are angry and frustrated, never let hate, fear or prejudice destroy your reason.  Competition is a tool for self-improvement.

What is behind you – Page of Wands
In the past you saw how impatience and rash, impulsive acts can turn spontaneity and enthusiasm into fickleness and tactlessness.  Apply those lessons now.  The influence of an impulsive person may be waning.

What crowns you – 2 of Pentacles
It would be good to be versatile and handle change well.  Visualize yourself as the eye of a hurricane, always calm and quiet no matter ho9w fast the howling winds swirl around you.

What is before you – 8 of Pentacles
You will soon encounter or manifest the skill dedication, attention to details and great results of a talented craftsperson.  To succeed, avoid perfectionism and think only of the task at hand.  A finicky person may become involved.

You – 4 of Pentacles
Present yourself as a conservative in the best sense of the work.  Show that your priorities are in order and that you can manage and protect what you are responsible for.  Show high self-worth.  Act like an executive.

How others see you – The Moon
Others see you as moody.  To those who only see the surface of things, you may seem lonely, frightened or confused.  The wise and the experienced see you are finding your way through a proverbial “dark night of the soul.”

Hopes and fears – The Magician
You hope you are clever and skillful enough to transform your situation into the way you want it to be, but fear you may not be able to.  You may fear your power or have forgotten you are a co-creator of the universe.  You may fear that seemingly magic aspect of life.

Outcome – The Tower
You will encounter revolutionary ideas, instability or the breakdown of established structure.  Volatile energies may be released quite suddenly.  The old rules will no longer apply.  You may be liberated in some way.

Doris

Post by Doris » Fri Nov 24, 2006 7:34 am

Hi George,

Sorry for the long delay, but I've been away on holidays. Had a great time and am ready again to move on with the tarot.

In regard to the page of swords, I used the book that came with my cards which are the druid craft tarot. There it indicated that the card may represent someone you know or someone you are communicating with - particularly via electronic media such as phone or internet, and it just felt right that it may indicate communication with her brother rather than anyone else.

George

Post by George » Sun Nov 26, 2006 11:38 am

BLouise wrote:Hi George,
I did an interpretation using a book called The Intant Tarot Reader.  I am curious to hear your feedback and how it compares to your interpretation.  Let me know:

What surrounds you – 10 Cups
You have an air of success around you.  You are in a place where you can attain a goal that can bring lasting personal success and domestic happiness.  You are respected.  A successful person may help or need help.

What blocks you – 5 Cups
Disappointment or rejection blocks progress.  You may feel like giving up but should not.  Denying disappointment may prevent you from leaving when you should.  A disappointed person may be the problem.

Your foundation – 5 Wands
Crucial to your situation is your ability to compete while respecting your opponent.  Even though you are angry and frustrated, never let hate, fear or prejudice destroy your reason.  Competition is a tool for self-improvement.

What is behind you – Page of Wands
In the past you saw how impatience and rash, impulsive acts can turn spontaneity and enthusiasm into fickleness and tactlessness.  Apply those lessons now.  The influence of an impulsive person may be waning.

What crowns you – 2 of Pentacles
It would be good to be versatile and handle change well.  Visualize yourself as the eye of a hurricane, always calm and quiet no matter ho9w fast the howling winds swirl around you.

What is before you – 8 of Pentacles
You will soon encounter or manifest the skill dedication, attention to details and great results of a talented craftsperson.  To succeed, avoid perfectionism and think only of the task at hand.  A finicky person may become involved.

You – 4 of Pentacles
Present yourself as a conservative in the best sense of the work.  Show that your priorities are in order and that you can manage and protect what you are responsible for.  Show high self-worth.  Act like an executive.

How others see you – The Moon
Others see you as moody.  To those who only see the surface of things, you may seem lonely, frightened or confused.  The wise and the experienced see you are finding your way through a proverbial “dark night of the soul.”

Hopes and fears – The Magician
You hope you are clever and skillful enough to transform your situation into the way you want it to be, but fear you may not be able to.  You may fear your power or have forgotten you are a co-creator of the universe.  You may fear that seemingly magic aspect of life.

Outcome – The Tower
You will encounter revolutionary ideas, instability or the breakdown of established structure.  Volatile energies may be released quite suddenly.  The old rules will no longer apply.  You may be liberated in some way.
thanks for all the hard work. give me some time on compairing the two readings.  i was going to try and finish it this weekend but a lot of personal family stuff has come up that i am dealing with.   last couple of weeks has been busy and stressful that it is hard to focus right now.  this week is not going to be any better so i know it will take some time to come back to the board and post.  i just wanted to touch based and let you know i've read it and will respond in the near future.  thanks again

George

Post by George » Sun Nov 26, 2006 11:52 am

Doris wrote:Hi George,

Sorry for the long delay, but I've been away on holidays. Had a great time and am ready again to move on with the tarot.

In regard to the page of swords, I used the book that came with my cards which are the druid craft tarot. There it indicated that the card may represent someone you know or someone you are communicating with - particularly via electronic media such as phone or internet, and it just felt right that it may indicate communication with her brother rather than anyone else.
thanks for responding and don't worry about the delay.  i've felt lucky that i just been able to skim the board and do a little reading as of late.  it is going be even harder for me to post anytime soon. i just wanted to touch base and let you know your post did not go unnoticed.

Return to “Tarot”