Moon Signs

Post your thoughts and views here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Delphina

Moon Signs

Post by Delphina » Wed Jun 06, 2007 5:59 am

Gardening by the moon.

Are you interested in gardening by the moon signs?

Delphina

Evie

Post by Evie » Wed Jun 06, 2007 7:50 am

I am VERY interested in Gardening by the Moon signs.  :smt038
I have been paying attention to the moon signs for many years, and
carefully plan my planting days. Success and yield show dramatic results...
I wouldn't dream of planting a seed, transplanting, or taking a cutting on a
barren day after seeing how it works.

About 15 years ago I accepted a contract to supply 5, 000 rooted cuttings,
This was a big order for my garden center. I am very good at propagating
and was devstated when over 60% of a whole weeks work failed. I didn't
understand this... I had done nothing different.   :smt102

I noted the moon visible in the afternoon and shouted at it, it's all your fault!
I was frustrated, Okay and  I had no one  to blame. I was making a joke, but
something resonated within me and led me into looking at the affects the moon has
on plants.  Sure enough, I had taken my cuttings during a barren time... I still didn't
buy into it until I went back a year and checked my daily log... where I kept track of
my percentages.  I was very amazed to see how my bad production days
corresponded with the Moon being barren.  Moon and I have been friends ever since!

I have been able to make use of this without much knowledge of astrology. It is not
complicated to use the moon as a guide, easy to learn and planning ahead is simple.
I even use it during the winter months with my house plants as well.

I love chatting about this subject.... Thanks :smt003

Evie

AngelOracle

Post by AngelOracle » Wed Jun 06, 2007 7:04 pm

This sounds really interesting
Angel Oracle

efishy

moon gardening

Post by efishy » Sun Jun 10, 2007 1:13 am

Hi  Delphina

I have never  heard of gardening by moon  signs. I  am  very  interested in it, and would love to  understand it and  try  it out, as I  do  not have much of a green thumb, but do grow my  vegetable garden organically. Thanks so much  for any info you may have... Ellie
Don't ask if its real, just ask if its useful.

paramour

Post by paramour » Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:38 pm

my grandmother, who was from the ozark mountains, swore by gardening by moon signs. and she was one heck of a gardener! i try to follow suit.
~paramour.

Prof. Akers

Post by Prof. Akers » Tue Jun 26, 2007 12:21 pm

I used earn my living as a gardner and this was always my advice to clients.
Taking ones' clothes off is the the best way way to get into moon gardening, just strip off and wander round your garden. It's incredibly liberating, however the garden I have now does have a good few mice, so heavy boots come in handy for squashing them.
I wouldn't do where Evie lives though 'cos they grizzly bears and the only griizzly bare in my garden is me.
Sorry for the joke, when you think of the tides, monthly cycles of women etc. the moon has a great influence on all life on earth. can't say I ever made a difinative study of the lunar effects but I'm sure you are right, quite a few books on the subject.

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Tue Jun 26, 2007 2:49 pm

Moon signs...I worked for an elevator company that had workman on call every night to cover the calls.  One of the workmen would not sign up for the nights of a full moon.  There were recorded more calls on those nights than any others.  

In the emergency room of a hospital, as a nurse if there aren't more calls on a full moon.  Also the mental wards are noisier.

Yes, the moon affects the human being as well as machinery.
God bless, J

lunarcraft

Post by lunarcraft » Tue Jun 26, 2007 6:18 pm

Although I am no gardener (although I love to see plants and trees in situ) the theory, as I understand it, is that the fuller the Moon the more moisture there is in the soil.  I have a friend who compiles a Moon Planting Guide every year - some of you may have heard of it ... Gwydion McPagan's Moon Planting Guide.  However, I am fairly certain that it applies to the Northern Hemisphere ... perhaps I should suggest that he writes a Southern version ...

Perhaps people could let me know if this would be useful ...

Brightest Blessings

Sarah

Evie

Post by Evie » Fri Jun 29, 2007 1:22 pm

Prof. Akers wrote:I used earn my living as a gardner and this was always my advice to clients.
Taking ones' clothes off is the the best way way to get into moon gardening, just strip off and wander round your garden. It's incredibly liberating, however the garden I have now does have a good few mice, so heavy boots come in handy for squashing them.
I wouldn't do where Evie lives though 'cos they grizzly bears and the only griizzly bare in my garden is me.
Sorry for the joke, when you think of the tides, monthly cycles of women etc. the moon has a great influence on all life on earth. can't say I ever made a difinative study of the lunar effects but I'm sure you are right, quite a few books on the subject.
You are so funny ... 'Gardening by the Light of moon' does not mean planting at midnight...LOL  Interesting that you garden naked.... Very. Me too...but it has nothing to do with the MOON.   I think that the bears are more afraid of me than I am of them!!!!  

Gardening by the signs of the moon really does work. There are many books available, I like Lwwellyn's Moon Signs book. The Yearly Farmers almanac also notes the moon signs for garden planning.

P E A C E
Evie

Delphina

Post by Delphina » Sat Aug 04, 2007 10:29 pm

Companion planting also comes in very handy. :)

Return to “General Discussion”