House Divisions in Vedic & Astrology Classics

For vedic astrology discussions and general questions.

Moderators: shalimar123, eye_of_tiger, suzisco, RishiRahul

Post Reply
User avatar
RishiRahul
Astrology Reader
Posts: 7170
Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 9:47 am
Location: Kolkata, New York, Toronto
Contact:

House Divisions in Vedic & Astrology Classics

Post by RishiRahul » Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:57 am

Dear Dada and Others,

I wanted an opinion regarding house cusps/divisions in Vedic.

Out of Porphyrys (Sripati) and Placidius house divisions which one would you favour?

Rishi
Last edited by RishiRahul on Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rohiniranjan
Posts: 7463
Joined: Sun Jun 11, 2006 8:11 pm
Location: N.A.

Re: House Divisions in Vedic

Post by Rohiniranjan » Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:35 am

RishiRahul wrote:Dear Dada and Others,

I wanted an opinion regarding house cusps/divisions in Vedic.

Out of Porphyrys (Sripati) and Placidius house divisions which one would you favour?

Rishi
Sripathi is fine, although it is mathematically more approximate. Whole sign system works well, in general, although chalit is useful in older person. It seems sometimes that as we age, chalit becomes more useful as a side-glance (secondary consideration!)
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

User avatar
RishiRahul
Astrology Reader
Posts: 7170
Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 9:47 am
Location: Kolkata, New York, Toronto
Contact:

Re: House Divisions in Vedic

Post by RishiRahul » Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:44 am

Rohiniranjan wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:Dear Dada and Others,

I wanted an opinion regarding house cusps/divisions in Vedic.

Out of Porphyrys (Sripati) and Placidius house divisions which one would you favour?

Rishi
Sripathi is fine, although it is mathematically more approximate. Whole sign system works well, in general, although chalit is useful in older person. It seems sometimes that as we age, chalit becomes more useful as a side-glance (secondary consideration!)

Thanks about the Sripati bit. Will help me to choose more easily.

We seem to believe a lot of things about Chalit... Together!

Rishi
http://www.rishirahul.com
Astro-Palmist & Numerologist
Accurate timings & solutions to specific questions

https://www.facebook.com/Rishi1958
for political/mundane predictions

Rohiniranjan
Posts: 7463
Joined: Sun Jun 11, 2006 8:11 pm
Location: N.A.

Re: House Divisions in Vedic

Post by Rohiniranjan » Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:26 am

RishiRahul wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:Dear Dada and Others,

I wanted an opinion regarding house cusps/divisions in Vedic.

Out of Porphyrys (Sripati) and Placidius house divisions which one would you favour?

Rishi
Sripathi is fine, although it is mathematically more approximate. Whole sign system works well, in general, although chalit is useful in older person. It seems sometimes that as we age, chalit becomes more useful as a side-glance (secondary consideration!)

Thanks about the Sripati bit. Will help me to choose more easily.

We seem to believe a lot of things about Chalit... Together!

Rishi
When two people independently arrive at similar observations and conclusions, the veracity is often weightier than parrots from a school!
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

User avatar
RishiRahul
Astrology Reader
Posts: 7170
Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 9:47 am
Location: Kolkata, New York, Toronto
Contact:

Re: House Divisions in Vedic

Post by RishiRahul » Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:45 am

Rohiniranjan wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:Dear Dada and Others,

I wanted an opinion regarding house cusps/divisions in Vedic.

Out of Porphyrys (Sripati) and Placidius house divisions which one would you favour?

Rishi
Sripathi is fine, although it is mathematically more approximate. Whole sign system works well, in general, although chalit is useful in older person. It seems sometimes that as we age, chalit becomes more useful as a side-glance (secondary consideration!)

Thanks about the Sripati bit. Will help me to choose more easily.

We seem to believe a lot of things about Chalit... Together!

Rishi
When two people independently arrive at similar observations and conclusions, the veracity is often weightier than parrots from a school!
Very correct and true....

But then, I wonder again that The Two have similar cornerstones (same initials).....RR. So their thinking may be similar.

Maybe everything is digitally correct, after all?!

Do you believe that when a chalit chart differs from a rasi chart, then the native should prepare for the chalit eventuality (as a secondary consideration only)?

Rishi
http://www.rishirahul.com
Astro-Palmist & Numerologist
Accurate timings & solutions to specific questions

https://www.facebook.com/Rishi1958
for political/mundane predictions

User avatar
Brahma Mihira
Posts: 193
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2011 10:01 am
Location: Universe

Post by Brahma Mihira » Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:54 pm

As my usage,

SriPathi is good for analyse yogas and combinations such as kala sarpa yoga. For telling predictions it is good. It can be used with simple house system as extra tool. But not as main tool.

KP chalits charts or KP School have its own prediction system. KP astrologers can use KP system. I didn't used KP system yet.

However with experiments, simple house system can be used without any problem. In my research it was not fails yet. Some planets simply influence to near houses.
Neither mother, father nor any other relative can do one great splendor than one's own well-directed mind!

Rohiniranjan
Posts: 7463
Joined: Sun Jun 11, 2006 8:11 pm
Location: N.A.

Post by Rohiniranjan » Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:24 pm

Brahma Mihira wrote:As my usage,

SriPathi is good for analyse yogas and combinations such as kala sarpa yoga. For telling predictions it is good. It can be used with simple house system as extra tool. But not as main tool.

KP chalits charts or KP School have its own prediction system. KP astrologers can use KP system. I didn't used KP system yet.

However with experiments, simple house system can be used without any problem. In my research it was not fails yet. Some planets simply influence to near houses.
KP uses Placidian House division. When Krishnarmurthy designed-developed his "paddhati", ephemeris such as Raphael's gave tables of Placidus house system cusps (Table of Houses) and so it is understandable that that system was used by Krishnamurthy for convenience.

For Indian births, which is what Krishnamurthy mostly saw, being near equator, house systems do not make a big difference. As one moves towards North or South hemisphere, house systems begin to make huge differences and ultimately collapse at the poles!

So, if all you are seeing is India born nativities, using house systems is a bit of overkill!

User avatar
Brahma Mihira
Posts: 193
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2011 10:01 am
Location: Universe

Post by Brahma Mihira » Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:36 am

So if we see horoscope of people who born out side from India such as UK, USA, Iceland, Australia, etc... do we need to use KP system instead of sripathi or simple house system?

Still i only see and research horoscope of the people in India and Sri Lanka as well as nearby countries. It means not so much international!

Rohiniranjan
Posts: 7463
Joined: Sun Jun 11, 2006 8:11 pm
Location: N.A.

Post by Rohiniranjan » Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:33 pm

Brahma Mihira wrote:So if we see horoscope of people who born out side from India such as UK, USA, Iceland, Australia, etc... do we need to use KP system instead of sripathi or simple house system?

Still i only see and research horoscope of the people in India and Sri Lanka as well as nearby countries. It means not so much international!
If you wish to know my personal opinion, then I see KP or System Approach not as replacements for mainstream jyotish, but ancilliary approaches. They coexist. Some jyotishis use one, two or all three, without any conceptual or ideological conflicts!
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

User avatar
RishiRahul
Astrology Reader
Posts: 7170
Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 9:47 am
Location: Kolkata, New York, Toronto
Contact:

Post by RishiRahul » Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:21 am

Rohiniranjan wrote:
Brahma Mihira wrote:So if we see horoscope of people who born out side from India such as UK, USA, Iceland, Australia, etc... do we need to use KP system instead of sripathi or simple house system?

Still i only see and research horoscope of the people in India and Sri Lanka as well as nearby countries. It means not so much international!
If you wish to know my personal opinion, then I see KP or System Approach not as replacements for mainstream jyotish, but ancilliary approaches. They coexist. Some jyotishis use one, two or all three, without any conceptual or ideological conflicts!

Wat is sytem approach? Dada.

Rishi
http://www.rishirahul.com
Astro-Palmist & Numerologist
Accurate timings & solutions to specific questions

https://www.facebook.com/Rishi1958
for political/mundane predictions

Rohiniranjan
Posts: 7463
Joined: Sun Jun 11, 2006 8:11 pm
Location: N.A.

Post by Rohiniranjan » Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:55 am

RishiRahul wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:
Brahma Mihira wrote:So if we see horoscope of people who born out side from India such as UK, USA, Iceland, Australia, etc... do we need to use KP system instead of sripathi or simple house system?

Still i only see and research horoscope of the people in India and Sri Lanka as well as nearby countries. It means not so much international!
If you wish to know my personal opinion, then I see KP or System Approach not as replacements for mainstream jyotish, but ancilliary approaches. They coexist. Some jyotishis use one, two or all three, without any conceptual or ideological conflicts!
V.K. Choudhry's attempt at 'systematizing' jyotish with some modifications or rather more like stream-lining. Used to be popular in the 90s. Just as anything else in jyotish, there were proponents and opponents :-)

Same old same old!!


Wat is sytem approach? Dada.

Rishi
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

Vinay Jha
Posts: 519
Joined: Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:56 am
Location: India
Contact:

Post by Vinay Jha » Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:04 pm

V.K. Choudhry's "system approach"  is modification of Parashari system approach in order to suit modern tastes of some persons. As Dada pointed out, it is no longer popular.

-VJ
Install JHora and set  'Preferences' >'Related to Calculations' >'Set Calcualation Options as recommended by Vinay Jha' for using Suryasiddhanta. OR
Download Kundalee: http://vedicastrology.wikidot.com/software-download

User avatar
RishiRahul
Astrology Reader
Posts: 7170
Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 9:47 am
Location: Kolkata, New York, Toronto
Contact:

Post by RishiRahul » Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:29 pm

Vinay Jha wrote:V.K. Choudhry's "system approach"  is modification of Parashari system approach in order to suit modern tastes of some persons. As Dada pointed out, it is no longer popular.

-VJ
Thanks Vinay ji,

:)

RishiRahul
http://www.rishirahul.com
Astro-Palmist & Numerologist
Accurate timings & solutions to specific questions

https://www.facebook.com/Rishi1958
for political/mundane predictions

Vinay Jha
Posts: 519
Joined: Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:56 am
Location: India
Contact:

Post by Vinay Jha » Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:46 am

Rishi ji,

Some points raised by Prof V K Choudhary are worth testing. His personal website is this :

http://www.yournetastrologer.com/

But this website will help you better in understanding most salient features of system approach in nutshell :

http://www.johnrfyfe.com/mooltrikona.co ... tpoint.htm

For instance, the theory of  "Most Effective Point"  is explained here :

http://www.johnrfyfe.com/mooltrikona.co ... tpoint.htm

The idea of 'most effective point' was borrowed from western astrology, esp from Ptolemy's classic 'Tetrabiblos' regarded as Bible of western astrology, in which there is a complicated theory of "The Prorogatory Places" (Book-III, sec. 12-15). V K Choudhary simplified Ptolemy's complicated theory.

Tetrabiblos is a book worth studying. It can be freely downloaded from Wilbour Hall website of Brown University :

http://www.wilbourhall.org/

-VJ
Install JHora and set  'Preferences' >'Related to Calculations' >'Set Calcualation Options as recommended by Vinay Jha' for using Suryasiddhanta. OR
Download Kundalee: http://vedicastrology.wikidot.com/software-download

User avatar
RishiRahul
Astrology Reader
Posts: 7170
Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 9:47 am
Location: Kolkata, New York, Toronto
Contact:

Post by RishiRahul » Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:46 am

Vinay Jha wrote:Rishi ji,

Some points raised by Prof V K Choudhary are worth testing. His personal website is this :

http://www.yournetastrologer.com/

But this website will help you better in understanding most salient features of system approach in nutshell :

http://www.johnrfyfe.com/mooltrikona.co ... tpoint.htm

For instance, the theory of  "Most Effective Point"  is explained here :

http://www.johnrfyfe.com/mooltrikona.co ... tpoint.htm

The idea of 'most effective point' was borrowed from western astrology, esp from Ptolemy's classic 'Tetrabiblos' regarded as Bible of western astrology, in which there is a complicated theory of "The Prorogatory Places" (Book-III, sec. 12-15). V K Choudhary simplified Ptolemy's complicated theory.

Tetrabiblos is a book worth studying. It can be freely downloaded from Wilbour Hall website of Brown University :

http://www.wilbourhall.org/

-VJ


Hi Vinay ji

Thanks very much for this good read about the system approach.

Its quite logical that a planet very near Lagna degree would be potent; and would similarly affect the positions aspected.

Lets say, Lagna is at 14 degrees Mesha, and Jupiter is there at 15 degrees; just Jupiter is potent in respect of the 5th. 7th. and 9th. houses.

Since Jupiter exalts in Karkata; karkata is also strengthened beneficially.

But why would the 5/7/9 houses from Karkata strenthen beneficially too is not understood.

The 'systems approach' topic states:="For example, if the ascendant is rising in the chart at 10 degrees, then the closer the planet is to the 10 degree point, the more impact it will have on the houses it is placed in and the houses aspected. Take Jupiter in the Aries ascendant chart and place it at 9 degrees in Cancer. Jupiter is within a 1-degree orb of the rising sign and becomes very potent not only in the fourth house where the sign Cancer is but the other houses it aspects.

Jupiter has aspects of 5, 7, and 9 and is a functional benefic planet for the Aries ascendant and is exalted in the sign of Cancer. Therefore it is very benefic in this chart as the houses Jupiter aspects are the 8th, 10th and the 12th and these houses will have a greater benefic impact from Jupiter on account of its most effective point status."




Or maybe I did not understand properly? Is this concept included in astavarga in some way?

Rishi
http://www.rishirahul.com
Astro-Palmist & Numerologist
Accurate timings & solutions to specific questions

https://www.facebook.com/Rishi1958
for political/mundane predictions

Post Reply

Return to “Vedic Astrology”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests