bergamot

Get quality information on the healing powers of essential oils, the properties of each scent, and their uses in the bath, massage, and more.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

lilamsy

bergamot

Post by lilamsy » Sat Aug 25, 2007 12:33 pm

i recently spoke to someone who told me to burn and also wear bergamot. what does bergamot do?

Gem

Post by Gem » Sat Aug 25, 2007 3:29 pm

I wouldnt agree with wearing it, the oil can make you photosensitve, so be careful in the sun.

weezerwall

Bergamont

Post by weezerwall » Sun Aug 26, 2007 5:10 pm

Hi!  :smt006

Just writing you to share my experiences, but we probably all react differently to aromatherapy oils. I'm really NOT an expert - so please continue to research this before trying anything I've written here, OK??? :smt002  Maybe others will also read this and give us their opinions as well.

I think Bergamont is supposed to be good for the respiratory system (lungs, bronchia etc.) and the throat chakra.

I had to have a chest X-Ray some months ago and was really worried about the condition of my lungs.  I put a VERY TINY DROP of the oil into my sink (wash basin) with warm water and used it as a "steam"/inhalent for about 5-7 minutes.  BUT A VERY TINY DROP ONLY!!  It worked very well - I'd been wheezing a bit before.  

I have to speak a lot in my job (I'm a teacher) so on days when I have a lot of classes, I put a DAB on my throat and a DAB under my nose.  Very helpful for my breathing and keeps me from getting sore throats.

You should continue to do research and ASK a salesperson at the shop where you buy the oils. Sometimes they are pretty saavy.

Warmest,
Weezer

Lianne

Post by Lianne » Sun Sep 23, 2007 8:06 pm

Bergamot is very useful - great for building confidence, elevating your mood, mental relaxation. A lot of people will include bergamot in money-drawing spells. Never wear bergamot and then go out in the sun - it causes photosensitivity and your skin can burn/become discolored.

maynard4

Bergamot and BP

Post by maynard4 » Wed Dec 26, 2007 2:57 pm

I am new to this board.  Can you tell me please if bergamot affects blood pressure?

Jey

Gem

Post by Gem » Wed Dec 26, 2007 5:33 pm

All oils and aromatherapy has the ability to affect blood pressure, consult your doctor before using if you are at all worried or have any pre-exisiting conditions please :)

maynard4

Post by maynard4 » Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:19 pm

Thanks much.  I am also curious to know if anyone has aver been treated for high or low blood pressure with EOs.

thanks again for the warning,

Jey

tjwaggs

bergamot

Post by tjwaggs » Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:14 am

for me, bergamot calms and centers me.

Saldaba6

Bergamot and BP

Post by Saldaba6 » Sun Mar 02, 2008 4:23 am

Do you drink Earl Grey tea and does it affect your blood pressure? Earl Grey tea contains bergamot:) Although it is photosensitizing, since it is both a calmative and uplifter and is most valuable in mental depressive disorders, I would not think it would affect blood pressure except perhaps to lower it slightly. Hope this helps:)

bluefairy

Post by bluefairy » Thu Mar 13, 2008 3:56 pm

Hi,

Bergamot is useful for nervous system : anxiety, depression, mood swings, worry and insomnia.

As I recall bergamot does not have affect on blood pressure. If you looking for essential oils for high blood pressure then I suggest you visit : http://www.aromatherapy-at-home.com/Ess ... ssure.html

As bergamot is phototoxic, so don't expose skin to UV for 12 hours after applying it into skin.

Return to “Aromatherapy”