Study Methods

This is main Learn Tarot Forum. General tarot lesson questions and answer can be addressed here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

Heraclia

Post by Heraclia » Tue Oct 23, 2007 7:55 am

I'd like to start my study this way, because I've remembered the forgotten ideas that I had, and makes me think about the meanings, looking more conscious the cards.
Now I put the deck in my hand-bag when I go out, and I carry it with me wherever I go. I take a look at the cards in every moment I can.
I'm enjoying so much to learn and practice with you. I hope I'll learn well in this way.

Have a nice day,

Heraclia

Heraclia

Keeping some days to contact with my deck

Post by Heraclia » Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:54 am

Hi everybody,

As I told you above, I'm taking my time to look, meditate and contact with my new deck. Yes, finally I bought the Universal Waite tarot. Yesterday I went to a shop to see if they have free invitations to the Magic International 2007 (they didn't have yet :smt009 ), then I decided to take advantage of my visit and I looked at the decks... and that's the result  :smt003
I hope this part of my learning don't take much longer, but I think it takes some days. I'd like to be a good tarot reader. I really enjoy your work teaching us Gem and everyone in this place. I'd like to know a little part of your knowledge.

Have a light and brightness day,

Heraclia

BLouise

Post by BLouise » Wed Oct 24, 2007 6:27 pm

Heraclia - that is the great part of these lessons you can go at your own pace.  Hope you are enjoying your new deck :)

Gem

Post by Gem » Wed Oct 24, 2007 7:55 pm

First impressions of the deck then Heraclia please?

Heraclia

Post by Heraclia » Thu Oct 25, 2007 4:39 pm

To express my impressions... UHMMM... that is a difficult job for me... :smt017
I saw the Universal Tarot box in the shop, I picked it from the shop library, I think that the cards have chosen me; that is the impression I have now when I remember this afternoon looking for something.
Now I see the cards, and I feel good working with them. I hope they will be friendly helpers.
As for the first look at the cards and what do they inspire me, I write a post in the FEEDBACK, The begining - Part one, that George answered. Did you see it?, I think is in page 17.

Happy to meet my cards and to meet all of you.

Heraclia

Silvaglo

Post by Silvaglo » Sat Sep 20, 2008 3:28 pm

The first Tarot Deck that I purchased is The Original Rider Waite Tarot Pack, since I have purchased the Thoth Deck and the Discovery Kit but always go back to the Rider Waite Tarot. I guess that is what I have become comfortable with.

I am still trying very hard to learn to read them.

Now, I was told that you need to learn the traditional meanings and also  to find your own meanings to them and combine the two. Is this correct?

I have several books on the Tarot, both E-books and real books. Sometimes I think I may have tried to cram to much in my head.

I pull the deck out every morning and in the evenings before I go to sleep. In the evenings I do the Celtic Spread and in the morning just a three card spread. Is this the best way to learn them? I have to say that it is helping.

I also like to shuffle them good and concentrate on one card that I have chosen to see if I know what it is before I turn it over. It works at times but I have to be completely clear headed. :)

Any/all suggestions will be appreciated. :)

Return to “Learn Tarot”